Youngsters Wearing Trousers/pants Half Way Down The ...

george

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These days?

Over here it has been around for many many years.

Started with surfers.....

Then slide onto the skateboarders.....

After that it was all the gang banger MTV video wanna be's

Now it is just part of that whole baggy look I guess :)

Edited by flying

What is it with youngsters these days wearing their trousers/pants half way down their arse, it just looks ridiculous. Answers anyone? :)

I actually found out where that "fashion" statement orginiated from. In U.S. prisons, it used to be that when someone wore their pants down low, pass their butt, it was a sign that they "belonged" to someone, if you know what I mean. They were somebody's bi...well you know the word. Now, with enforced universal prison uniforms it has gone away. When I explained that to a kid back in the states, he just looked at me, and I explained, "think about it, why would somebody put their pants down like that, it is called advertisement and owndership." Maybe someone should tell these thai kids that and we can nip it in the bud....

Edited by EndofDays

Like this???

post-14730-1242460360_thumb.jpg

That is more along the lines of "plumber's crack" I believe. Feel free to correct me if I have misdiagnosed.

That's just ar5e too big...... shirt and shorts too small.... :) .

Edited by 473geo

30baggy190.5.jpg

They honestly look ridiculous and quite stupid - like little boys who can't take care of themselves, the thing is though, if you told them that or laughed at them they'd probably shoot you or stab you(depending on what side of the Atlantic you're on)

So I suppose the purpose of this 'fashion' is to show people that you are a bit dim and that you should be avoided...

Edited by MaiDong

I don't get it. After they hold up the liqour store, how can they possibly run from the cops with their pants down like that?

Just doesn't make sense. Sorta like Japanese Olympic sprinters wearing kimonos.

Fashion trends.

You remember Teddy Boys? Mods? Punk Rock?

Parents thought that ridiculous too, but the kids like it. Their way or rebelling. Of making a statement.

I see nothing wrong with it, though I may not like it.

the prison thing is a rumor. it started by parents buying their kids pants extra sizes so it would take longer for them to grow out of them and become replaced.

but then again, seeing how gay Thai boys are, maybe the prison story is true for them.

1990's hip hop culture as already stated. not popular anymore. i susepect you are talking about those skinny jeans where the the back is very loose, but i still dont think underwear is exposed with that fashion style.

surprised to see the mods allowing so many racist posts. :)

the prison thing is a rumor. it started by parents buying their kids pants extra sizes so it would take longer for them to grow out of them and become replaced.

but then again, seeing how gay Thai boys are, maybe the prison story is true for them.

It was a trend in U.S. prison up into the 90's until the majority of prisons went to the wearing of a standard uniform. Look it up.

Its pretty passe in the US these days, only people still wearing it are the hiphop gangsta wannabees. but its no longer so much the fashion among the middle class kids anymore.