Buddhist Joke

camerata

An Irishman, a Mexican and a Swede were doing construction work on the 20th floor of a new building. They were on lunch break and the Irishman said, “Corned beef and cabbage again! If I have to eat this for lunch one more time, I am going to jump off this building!”

The Mexican opened his lunchbox and exclaimed, “Burritos again! If I get burritos one more time, I’m gonna leap off of here too!”

The Swede opened his lunch bag and said, “Uff da, lefse again! If I hafta eat lefse for lunch one more time, I’m gonna take a leap off of here!”

The next day, the Irishman found corned beef and cabbage and jumped to his death. The Mexican found you-know-what and jumped too. The Swede found lefse and leapt after them.

At the funeral, the Irishman’s wife was weeping and declared that if she had known how tired of corned beef he was, she would never have served it again. The Mexican’s wife said the same about her burritos. Then everyone stared at the Swede’s wife who was weeping profusely: “Don’t look at me, he packs his own lunch...”

• 2 months later...