Memories

longstebe

It looks like no matter which way you arrived,the smell got to everyone.Strange but true.I also remember Pattaya being full of U.S navy.Something you dont see much of anymore.I also think the girls attitude has changed since first coming to LOS.Girls were all over us,dragging us into bars everywhere we went.Seems like they really dont care that much anymore.Maybe I have the look like I have been here once or twice!!!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On arriving in Don Muang airport first visit thought it was a bit dingy… going home after 2 weeks I knew I would be back…. SOON.

Thailand felt like I had found my home. On each return to Don Muang I always had a big grin on my face when I heard the lady announce over the pa system “Broadsaab ….” I was home again. Sh1t as I write this from Ireland I am home sick right now!

1989' The them aroma of Bangkok.

Got off the plane in a suit. (working for the Gov.)

The aroma ... always the same. Like a wall of heat and smell.

Every time I go out and come back it's the same.

No mystery these days, been here so long now. :)

Edited by tpthai2

Friend who was visiting family tipped me off on $750 flights in early 2003. “Just get to Phuket and send us an email”. I booked the flight and was on my way 3 weeks later.

That blast of midnight heat kicked in the senses full throttle (still does). The situation quickly turned to “maybe I should have done a little more research”. I remember hanging out at Don Muang, waiting for the domestic terminal to open, chain smoking cigarettes with a monk.

My first impression of Chiang Mai was how ugly it was.

After promises of some Asian wonderland, this was a surprise.

I still think it's ugly, and that Thailand's built environment (temples aside) is extremely ugly: there's no aesthetic sense anywhere.

However I realised that there was more to a place than what it looked like, and that the real

pluses of the place were behind closed doors.