Kasikorn Atm Network Returned To Normal

george

Kasikorn ATM network returned to normal

BANGKOK: -- All 3,350 ATM machines of Kasikornbank were temporarily malfunctioning during 12 - 14.55 hours of May 21, which bars transactions within the bank's accounts and cross-bank transactions.

The bank's first vice president Electronic Channel & Sales & Service Network Operation Support Department Phol Dhanashoti said in a statement as of 5pm, about 200 ATM machines remain out of service.

He, however, did not provide detail for the banks' ATM system failure.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-05-22

Kasikorn ATM network returned to normal

BANGKOK: -- All 3,350 ATM machines of Kasikornbank were temporarily malfunctioning during 12 - 14.55 hours of May 21, which bars transactions within the bank's accounts and cross-bank transactions.

The bank's first vice president Electronic Channel & Sales & Service Network Operation Support Department Phol Dhanashoti said in a statement as of 5pm, about 200 ATM machines remain out of service.

He, however, did not provide detail for the banks' ATM system failure.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-05-22

Wasn't that the bank that did not cherge the 150 baht?

Maybe a concerted attack from the other banks to step in line?

Banks & Insurance; legalised ...........

You'd think, now that Kasikorn is collecting an extra 150 baht from every farang transaction at their ATM machines, that they could manager to at least keep them functioning... :D But, guess not...

Or, maybe it was the one TV member who promised, in protest over the 150 baht fee, to bring down the network by staying at the ATM and printing out receipt after receipt until the machine ran out of paper... :)

Could it be that some hacker of a falang is starting to hack into banks and shut down their ATMs, one bank at a time, in retribution to the 150b charge? :)

Who's next?

After leaving Thailand on a one way ticket out, a couple of weeks ago, I can sit back now, with a clear, sunny sky above my head, clean water in the tap and uninterupted high speed internet, smiling, while I think back to the plastic bags floating in the Rayong ocean, the eye burning pollution of Chiang Mai, the crazy new visa rules and the 150 Baht charge at ATM's.

The past eight years or so in Thailand had been fun, but it's nice to be home again, in Beautiful British Columbia.

My next holiday to Thailand won't be for a few years and then with a pocketful of cash in my pocket. :D

Could it be that some hacker of a falang is starting to hack into banks and shut down their ATMs, one bank at a time, in retribution to the 150b charge? :)

Who's next?

After leaving Thailand on a one way ticket out, a couple of weeks ago, I can sit back now, with a clear, sunny sky above my head, clean water in the tap and uninterupted high speed internet, smiling, while I think back to the plastic bags floating in the Rayong ocean, the eye burning pollution of Chiang Mai, the crazy new visa rules and the 150 Baht charge at ATM's.

The past eight years or so in Thailand had been fun, but it's nice to be home again, in Beautiful British Columbia.

My next holiday to Thailand won't be for a few years and then with a pocketful of cash in my pocket. :D

That pocketful of cash is going to be in after tax dollars, which as you spend it in Canada, will be taxed every time you spend a dollar at 14% or 15%. Add in tips in restaurants and it is now at near 30%.

BC is beautiful, no question, and Vancouver has the highest Asian population in Canada.

Have you ever tried to get a date with one of the lovely Asian ladies there?

The water that comes out of your tap has high levels of flouride and other carcinogenic ingredients.

High speed internet is more expensive in Canada than it is in Thailand.

( Rogers charges up to Can $ 70.00 a month ( 2143 baht at today's mid market rate ) for 512/256 ADSL service.

All the banks in Canada charge for every ATM transaction ( usually about Can $5 or today' rate 153.085 baht ), unless you maintain a minimum balance that is so high, you would be opting to spend those after tax dollars back here in Thailand now instead of years from now.

No where is 100% perfect, it is all about Attitude, not Latitude.

From one Canadian to another, enjoy BC.