World Isp's Compared Including Thailand

orang37

http://azureuswiki.com/index.php/Bad_ISPs#Thailand

from the web-page :

"The following is a list of Internet service providers (ISPs) that are known to cause trouble for BitTorrent clients or other P2P clients and the reason why. If you are using one of the following ISPs, please consider finding a new, better one. If your ISP is not on the list and you have reason to believe they are shaping traffic, come to the IRC channel and tell the OPs so that they can add it to the list. However, before you do that, please ensure that you have read about good settings and NAT problems."

For moi, what is missing is some statement about the date the data was compiled, and where it came from. BTW : I don't personally use Torrent or any other similar service, and I advise my friends not to because, imho, when your computer becomes a server uploading content to other people you don't know, I believe there is a significant security risk.

If you must download whatever, the same "stuff" is available through the binary usenet groups (and, no, I won't say how, so don't ask).

regards, ~o:37;

changing provider sounds easy but i would like to know who is available and how to change. i live just off the 1317, don chan (ie near 2nd ringroad junction). i went to true today to ask about high speed internet as they are bringing 8mb in at the end of year (i am told). didnt even get as far as 8mb i was just told no fast internet in that area and basically go live in sutep area if you want a service from us. so other than tot and maxnet what do you do for a fast provider, ?satelite

what is missing is some statement about the date the data was compiled

I think it's an ongoing thing - that page has been around for a couple of years at least and is updated fairly regularly. And as it says bottom left of the page "This page was last modified 00:40, 3 March 2009."