Fee Free Atms In Jomtien (or Pattaya)

martin.agren

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bank of Ayyuthaya on Pattaya Tai (70 yards from Friendship Supermarket) was free today Tuesday 26th May.

It comes up with a screen: FEE= 0.00 So I think it is only a matter of time before it introduces the charge.

As far as I know the GSB's (Government Savings Banks) are still free. Main Branch on Pattaya 2nd Road. Also ATM in Tuk-Com next to the entrance door on Pattaya Tai.

What do you call the main floor where you come from/

The ground floor.

Well if you walk in on the ground floor, then when you go up one you are on the second floor. I'm American. Here in Thailand they call the 1rst floor the ground floor, and the second floor the second floor.

Barry

Bank of Ayyuthaya on Pattaya Tai (70 yards from Friendship Supermarket) was free today Tuesday 26th May.

It comes up with a screen: FEE= 0.00 So I think it is only a matter of time before it introduces the charge.

As far as I know the GSB's (Government Savings Banks) are still free. Main Branch on Pattaya 2nd Road. Also ATM in Tuk-Com next to the entrance door on Pattaya Tai.

G S B in tuk com wouldnt accept my nat/wide visa but the one on north pattaya ,next to farcino will ,11 000 baht max 5 hours ago. as for the aeon machine in tesco ,there is always about half a dozen halfwit thais who cant use the blo-dy machine ,gave up waiting after 2 different people kept making mistakes ,its only the brain dead who use them to borrow money .

Edited by thaimate

G S B in tuk com wouldnt accept my nat/wide visa but the one on north pattaya

Used my Nationwide Visa Flexi Card in the GSB ATM in Carrfour yesterday, no problem, no charges and exchange rate was 54.38 £

Both the GSB ATM at the GSB bank in Pattaya 2nd Road,and the UOB one opposite,are fee free.I used both yesterday,no fee,and the rate was 54.56/GBP for both.The GSB ATM in Tukcom,the day before,seemed to accept the transaction,but didn't give out any money,even though the screen said "Take money".It eventually returned my card(Nationwide Visa debit) and on looking at my account on-line today,the money was debited,but immediately re-credited

The ground floor.

Well if you walk in on the ground floor, then when you go up one you are on the second floor. I'm American. Here in Thailand they call the 1rst floor the ground floor, and the second floor the second floor.

Barry

In Belgium you have the ground floor (gelijkvloers or begane grond).

One up is the first floor!

People living on the first floor have to go up the stairs (or take the elevator)!

Both the GSB ATM at the GSB bank in Pattaya 2nd Road,and the UOB one opposite,are fee free.I used both yesterday,no fee,and the rate was 54.56/GBP for both.The GSB ATM in Tukcom,the day before,seemed to accept the transaction,but didn't give out any money,even though the screen said "Take money".It eventually returned my card(Nationwide Visa debit) and on looking at my account on-line today,the money was debited,but immediately re-credited

Where is the GSB on Second Road Pattaya? I just can't place it.

Where is the GSB on Second Road Pattaya? I just can't place it.

its on the right side heading north up second road, about 200 metres before the turn into Royal Garden car park.

UOB is opposite on the left side

i used UOB yesterday and its still free

The ground floor.

Barry

Isn't the second floor called the first floor? :)

The ground floor.

Barry

Isn't the second floor called the first floor? :)

Indeed it is where I was brought up.

It should be real easy to spot the TV Pattaya geriatric ATM penny-pincher crowd; they will be milling about Carrefour's escalators with seriously pinched faces while looking for the second 'first' floor....

GSB atm in Carrefour gave this message after the pin number was input

...inter regional transactions will be charged a fee...

is this new?

i didnt complete the transaction. it was a savings account withdrawal using a debit card on plus system from a usa bank. i have yet to pay a local fee and the issuing bank doesnt charge for card usage.

the new standard 150 baht fee at the various banks is usury.

GSB atm in Carrefour gave this message after the pin number was input

...inter regional transactions will be charged a fee...

is this new?

i didnt complete the transaction. it was a savings account withdrawal using a debit card on plus system from a usa bank. i have yet to pay a local fee and the issuing bank doesnt charge for card usage.

the new standard 150 baht fee at the various banks is usury.

Agree , just another way to rip off the tourist and expats. I did an ATM withdrawal and paid this Tax surcharge, 150 B. Reality check, I went next door to the 7-11 and bought 1 ltr Coke, 2 big bags of LAYS chips and 2 packs of Wonder cigs. guess what? 150 B. That is the real impact of this slap in the face and wallet for the pleasure of Thailand. Start packing it is gonna get worse.

Ok, its the 10th June. Are there any Fee free ATMs left in the Pattaya area ?? :)

Yes....my mate went to Bank of Ayutthaya (the yellow one) yesterday and wasn't charged, nor was there any mention of a future charge being adopted.

Ok, its the 10th June. Are there any Fee free ATMs left in the Pattaya area ?? :)

Yes....my mate went to Bank of Ayutthaya (the yellow one) yesterday and wasn't charged, nor was there any mention of a future charge being adopted.

Are you absolutely sure about that. I thought so too, as the Fee Charge in the centre of the screen said 0.00, but the second time I used it, just as I hit the "GO" button I noticed that it said 150 Baht across the top. It's across their header, so not obvious when you're focussed on the centre of the screen where the action is.

If you're using a Nationwide Visa card (now charging 1%) it's costing you about £5 to take B10,000 out of an ATM - more if you're using most other UK banks. If you're a long stayer and have or can open a Thai bank account, then you can do an international transfer of any amount (I'm not sure if there's a maximum but certainly up to B1m) for £25, so if you bring in more than B50,000 it's cheaper.

From other threads I've seen that you can go into some banks, swipe your card and do a SWIFT transfer for free, but I haven't worked that one out yet. I suspect that if it was possible before, the Thai banks will be onto that by now or there would be masses of farang queuing up inside every bank. If someone knows how to do it at a Kasikorn branch I'd like to know.