Honda 110 Czi-layed It Down

Well, I'm not sure what happened but I layed my little Honda 110 CZi down. I was going maybe 5-10 km when it happened, maybe I leaned to much or hit some sand... I wasn't hurt but the rear brake pedal was bent; the rod or shaft if you will connecting the brake lever bore to another bore in the frame was bent and that caused the pedal to be out of position and very loose.

Any way, I immediately took it to a small bike shop and they replaced the bent shaft, charged me B250 and I drove away. Later I noticed that the pedal was loose ans still not right. After looking it over, I belive the shaft they installed was too small because the pedal bore has too much play and is sloppy in all directions (not just "in and out" indicating that the shaft is too long.) I am guessing that the regular or older Honda Wave 100 & 125s used a slightly smaller shaft and thats what the shop guys installed.

I didn't take it back to the shop reasoning that if they screwed up once, they won't be any better the next time. Yesterday I took it too a Honda dealer here in Pattaya and they installed a washer on the oppostie side (brake bore on the right, frame bore on the left) which took up some side play but its still not right because the shaft is not the correct size. I just could not get it through to them to change the shaft and even the brake pedal if need be. To their credit, they didn't charge me for the work.

So, any one have any recommendations of Honda dealers or good bike shops here in Pattaya? Also, any suggestions on the correct words if their english is weak? I just don't have the thai vocabulary to discuss "Bore, shaft, etc." My sign language skills must be weak as well :)

Thanks!

Lance

Some progress :). Today I went to the Honda (Mityon) dealer on Sukumvit near Pattaya Tai. With my dictionary and some sign language I was able to convince them to replace the shaft. They don't have the correct part in stock, so they ordered one.

Success! Yesterday I had the correct part installed-only B100 too! Unless its someting very minor like a chain adjustment or flat tire, I'm staying away from the independent shops. They installed an obviously wrong part and charged me B250 as well.

Funny, I had gone to the same shop once before went I had an unexpected flat tire. I was tired of pushing my bike and went to the first shop I found. They changed the inner tube and charged me B100 which I thought was a reasonable price. I think they don't replace many brake shafts :)

Success! Yesterday I had the correct part installed-only B100 too! Unless its someting very minor like a chain adjustment or flat tire, I'm staying away from the independent shops. They installed an obviously wrong part and charged me B250 as well.

After several bad experiences of using Somchai's Local Motorbike Repair Services, I now always go to the main Honda dealers. I pay more, but have a guarantee, and the parts are genuine Honda and not some cut price copy.

I have had similar experiences to this in the past. Local Somchai bike shop doing a rubbish job and charging for it and ending up going to Honda, and finding they are quite reasonable. You have to remember that Honda has to compete with the local bike shop.

I do all my own repairs now because I can't trust these small bike shops. Time is money and the more customers they get through the door in the day, the more they make. So they will do the job as quick as possible and cut corners. Not to mention the quality of parts they put in your bike; sometimes only original parts are good enough. Not to mention putting parts in that they have to hand rather than buying the right part (like changing a 16 tooth sprocket with a 14 or sticking a 17" inner tube in a much smaller wheel).