Where Would You Buy A Laptop?

osmar

My last one i bought in the states.

Bought it online when it was on sale at Best Buy and had it sent to my brother who brought it over to me.

Paid $600 for a Toshiba model that was 28k baht here.

I would do the same again if i needed one.

If i didn't have that choice, i see the new shop at Home Pro Chalong called Banana has some pretty nice deals.

I'm checking out those netbooks myself. (but would still probably get it cheaper on sale in the states, or a similar model)

I'm partial to Toshiba and wouldn't buy an Acer. (cheap components IMO)

:):D

look in PANTIP (BKK-pratunam)

you can check nearly every brand there

you find same brand with a price-difference from 500 - 10000 (!) baht in this big com-center.

and discount on free tax or so to :D:D

Since service/warrantee are lousy all over Thailand, I would buy anywhere where they have a good offer.

I saw my mac book at the Apple store in Central for a hundred dollars more than what I paid for it in the States. The IT dept. is fantastic there too. Good luck! :)

Very happy with Banana IT at Home Pro, good discount when paying cash and great service.

I really like Banana IT as well, I bought some great speakers there, the only thing is that they have a no refund policy. Good sales though an the staff is really friendly. Also sometimes if you pay with cash instead of credit they'll give you a decent discount, just ask!

First thing is to research the actual machine you want to buy, otherwise it's like saying 'how long is a piece of string'. Would the machine be for your use only? If not, perhaps it would be necessary to have the option of using a dual English/Thai keyboard? You aren't going to get that in Singapore or the States etc.

For many years, I used either Dell or IBM (company provided), and owned a Compaq as my personal machine. However, the last couple of years, I've been completely sold on Apple products and their operating system (I still have Microsoft Office installed on all 3 of my Apple machines, just in case I need to use it). Other advantage of Apple is there is so little chance of viruses/trojans etc, so personal data security, at least for me, is a bonus.

Before it got stolen I had a Fujitsu from the shop in Central which is next to Power Buy. Very good service & the owner is the same guy who owns X-Net in Phuket Town opposite Royal Phuket City Hotel. They also sell Toshiba.