True Internet Very Very Slow

steveb

Anybody having problems with True internet the last few days? I am in Bangkhen (Northern area of Bangkok) and the internet has been very slow. Not sure True is having problems again or is it just me?

Nope, you are not the only one. I'm also living in Bangkhaen area and my True adsl 2Mbit line is more slow than when I connect by GPRS!!!! Just f...ing unbelievable! I started to notice this a few days ago. Hopefully they will fix it soon. I can upgrade my line to 4Mbit for 100baht per month more, but really that is a waste of money (at least for this moment).

I am near the corner of asoke sky train station. My internet is the slowest it has been. I rang True. They said some one will call me. Of course they never do.

So time to change. Can someone recommend another company.

We are in Bangplad and we have the same problem. I have done all sorts of tests on the line and spoken to them 3 times. My tests show a lot of inconsistencies for international traffic. I can connect to servers in the US fine and downloads (i.e. 8 on a friends computer, 16Mb, 2 minutes....probably a repeated server in Thailand, Sourceforge also good) are quick. If I try the same download from Sourceforge off a mirror in Taiwan then there is a problem.

During my calls to TRUE they try to claim that I am the only one with this problem and that they are not having any problems. Today the speed of the call-backs is MUCH slower than it was on Wednesday. Last night (Thursday) I noticed a COMPLETE return of service from 8pm until 11pm (when I switched off), but today it is pants again.

If you speak to them make sure they KNOW that you are not alone, explain that their customers are all talking and are experiencing the same problems, don't let them hide behind their "customer service" rubbish.

Good luck to us all, let's get what we paid for.

QUICK UPDATE. Just spoke to TRUE, finally getting through after 3 hours of trying today. I told them that we were all experiencing the problem and that we were discussing other options. I requested that they call me back at 7pm tonight rather than "when it is fixed". They claim that their engineers are on the case. I told them to check their engineer logs (my ass they have them!!) for 8pm last night as that is when I saw full bandwidth for 3 hours.

God only knows what this will do. Please everybody keep calling them and let them know that people are talking and are interested in when they will provide a solution.

For our connection I have noticed this problem 3 times in the past month....what did they do a month ago?

I am near the corner of asoke sky train station. My internet is the slowest it has been. I rang True. They said some one will call me. Of course they never do.

CSloxinfo

Ugh. How much do I hate True.

I managed to get rid of their mobile system and their crappy UBC service, but there really is no alternative for internet in my area.

They blocked every company that tried to compete with them here from installing their relays at the local exchanges....

The recent speed increase (which they only did because their IPTV service does not work for anyone I know who has it) was a nice surprise, but it's evident their tech guys and their network simply are not up to the job of a high speed network. Nor has their customer service department for any area of their business had any training at all.

What a hopeless hopeless company. In any other country I'd simply refuse to pay for downtime periods, but they simply would not even be able to grasp the concept as these kind of Thai Companys with their stranglehold on the market, and no competition simply don't understand customer satisfaction or consumer rights.

I am currently rebooting internet at home about once every 10 - 15 minutes.

Edited by scratt

Anybody having problems with True internet the last few days? I am in Bangkhen (Northern area of Bangkok) and the internet has been very slow. Not sure True is having problems again or is it just me?

I am at Huay Kwang and have the same problem. For a file that is about 100 mb, which normally takes about 5-10 minutes to download, it seems to take several hours.

It's been very slow in Bangkapi area too since yesterday.. getting better now. We have three 4Mbit lines shared here. Actually, torrents download almost like they used to, but websites don't even load completely and response times were massive. I'm suspecting they could be updating their systems?

KSC

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you look at this test though, it says the connection is better than half the world, as well as in the 80% for the country! Going on that, I should not complain. If it was that every day - at all times - I wouldn't I guess:(

post-61805-1247280991_thumb.jpg

post-61805-1247281042_thumb.jpg

MODERATOR - please cross-post where appropriate?

I am near Pattaya, in an apt. house w/ its own router, on CAT, regular (cheap?) ADSL (?). I use a mid-range laptop (1 GB RAM), Win XP, mostly Firefox 3.0.11 unless a site requires Internet Xploder 7.0. I disconnect from the Internet anytime I'm not using it - malware paranoia. (I goto Control Panel/Ntw Connections/LAN or High-Speed Intrnt/LAN - rtclk on LAN & "enable" or "disable".) I have NOT fiddled w/ ntw settings/DNS srvrs/etc.

I often get enormous differences in download speeds but this is often due to server(s) or connection(s). (Plus, I think CAT fiddles w/ Torrents - when I try to download large files (> 100 MB), they start off quickly but then drop off to reeaaaallll ssslllooooowwww!) Otherwise, I have had a lot of the same slow/disconnect/etc. problems talked about here, but ...

There are PROBABLY no problems w/ your computer/software/etc. There are probably some (mostly minor?) differences between ISPs - depends on setups, ntws, hardware, software, cabling/wiring, politics, weather, karma?

The problem seems to be traffic! It is worst during the hours the kids are NOT in school (afternoon & eve (improves > 23:00 or so), weekends, holidays. For example, it was really bad during the Songkran holidays (2 or 3 weeks for kids?). Also slow during business hours but not as bad.

Before, we had to reset the apt. house router frequently - sometimes 3 or 4 times a day! Then about two weeks ago, CAT came out & replaced the router & rewired from the router to the street (just to the pole connection?). I suspect they got many complaints during Songkran, from all over, & finally got around to us? Much better since, but still somewhat slow to lookup first address after connecting to Internet..

For some who do not understand the Internet, a message/web page/etc. is broken down by software into packets (generally, 1 KB(yte) each but there are many different sizes and protocols). The routers figure the best route at any given moment & that is the path the packet travels to the receiving computer, which checks the internal data in the packet & accepts or rejects (calls for resend) the packet. Any given individual packet may get resent several times (anyone know the record # of times?), taking a different route each time. An example - Today, I did a tracert to N. America - from the apt. router to: CAT-BB-NET (HuaHin?); to Mumbai, India; to AsiaPacNtw (Austrl.); back to Mumbai; back to CAT; back to Australia; then to California & bounced around the US a few times. So, speeds may be affected by the router's capacity, programming & access to current Internet info.

In addition to many other things!

Cheers, the Cognitive Dissident

Relax, TIA - this is Asia - overpoplated and underliberated!

Edited by pTh