On The Way To Hua Hin

Juice123

I am about to leave the wonderful Phuket Island and move to the nice city of Hua Hin => got a new job there.Sooo of course I do have many questions and hope to get some help here.. 1. Car - I am looking for a 3 month, fully insured, rental car 2. Moving - is there a moving company that can help moving a few boxes and a big plasma (need to have a invoice and quote) 3. Running - is there a good running area around or in Hua Hin 4. GYM - I need a good Gym, should be fully equipped 5. Beaches - I know that has been discussed here before - but what are the best beaches in a 20km radius? Coming from Phuket I was a little surprised when I encountered the H.H. beach the first time! 6. Crime - I am looking into getting a condo and I have seen a few comments about increasing crime, any areas that you suggest not to live in? Anything else I should know? Thanks in advance guys... Any Germans here => pls PM me

I am about to leave the wonderful Phuket Island and move to the nice city of Hua Hin => got a new job there.

Sooo of course I do have many questions and hope to get some help here..

1. Car - I am looking for a 3 month, fully insured, rental car

2. Moving - is there a moving company that can help moving a few boxes and a big plasma (need to have a invoice and quote)

3. Running - is there a good running area around or in Hua Hin

4. GYM - I need a good Gym, should be fully equipped

5. Beaches - I know that has been discussed here before - but what are the best beaches in a 20km radius? Coming from Phuket I was a little surprised when I encountered the H.H. beach the first time! :)

6. Crime - I am looking into getting a condo and I have seen a few comments about increasing crime, any areas that you suggest not to live in?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks in advance guys...

Any Germans here => pls PM me

Now we Kan read your post. :D

For Germans try Cha Am :D

Kan Win :D

I am about to leave the wonderful Phuket Island and move to the nice city of Hua Hin => got a new job there.

No problem, lots of agencies in town.

2. Moving - is there a moving company that can help moving a few boxes and a big plasma (need to have a invoice and quote)

From Phuket? Best look in Phuket.

Many areas including the main beach about 4km long.

HuaHin Sport Villa

5. Beaches - I know that has been discussed here before - but what are the best beaches in a 20km radius? Coming from Phuket I was a little surprised when I encountered the H.H. beach the first time!

Far from the best beach. Just south of town the other side of Kao Takiab is Suan Son beach, military land so perfectly maintained, no horses or jet skis or ATV idiots.

6. Crime - I am looking into getting a condo and I have seen a few comments about increasing crime, any areas that you suggest not to live in?

Crime not a problem if you use common sense.

Edited by johnnyk

No problem, lots of agencies in town.

From Phuket? Best look in Phuket.

Many areas including the main beach about 4km long.

HuaHin Sport Villa

5. Beaches - I know that has been discussed here before - but what are the best beaches in a 20km radius? Coming from Phuket I was a little surprised when I encountered the H.H. beach the first time!

Far from the best beach. Just south of town the other side of Kao Takiab is Suan Son beach, military land so perfectly maintained, no horses or jet skis or ATV idiots.

Crime not a problem if you use common sense.

1. Agree with jk

2 Agree with jk

3. Besides the Beach many people run on a track in the queens park at the Palace grounds (north end of town).

4. There are options. Sounds like you're a serious exerciser if you run in this heat, so if you want the old type of Gym with real barbells (and real men :) ), there is a serious non air conditioned Gym at the boxing hall near the Grand hotel and market. They also teach Muay Thai boxing there.

If you want a more modern air conditioned gym with machines instead of free weights (they do have dumbells), try the Hilton. They have one month and one year memberships that also include the tennis and squash courts.

5. Suan Son is one of the best beaches, but closer to Hua Hin the Takiab beach on the south side of Takiab mountain is also nicer than the main Hua Hin/Takiab beach on the north side of Takiab mountain.

6. Agree with jk... just don't go wandering around dark sois in the wee hours of the morning drunk. Most of the crime here lately have been house burglaries and purse snatchings, so if you're going to rent a room in a condo and don't carry a purse, you should be ok.

5. Beaches - I know that has been discussed here before - but what are the best beaches in a 20km radius? Coming from Phuket I was a little surprised when I encountered the H.H. beach the first time! :)

I can advise you on the Hilton gym prices as my wife has just joined. It's 18k a year if you don't use the pool, and I think it's 25k if you do.

Alternatively it's 2500 for a single month membership.

I don't think crime is a big deal here, as far as I can see.

I can advise you on the Hilton gym prices as my wife has just joined. It's 18k a year if you don't use the pool, and I think it's 25k if you do.

Alternatively it's 2500 for a single month membership.

I don't think crime is a big deal here, as far as I can see.

Thanks for you help!

.. only a few more questions left...

1. Any suggestions - pls PM me

3. I don't want to run on the beach - looking more for a nice running area

but not on the street?

Are there any running events in Hua Hin?

4. Where is the Hua Hin Sport Villa?

Did anyone check out the Palm Hills Country Club Fitness center?

6. hhfarang: I tend not to walk around with a purse at night - not yet....hehe

I was more thinking about burglaries, we have a few areas in Phuket that got hit

harder than others.

Thanks again!

Thanks for you help!

.. only a few more questions left...

1. Any suggestions - pls PM me

3. I don't want to run on the beach - looking more for a nice running area

but not on the street?

Are there any running events in Hua Hin?

4. Where is the Hua Hin Sport Villa?

Did anyone check out the Palm Hills Country Club Fitness center?

6. hhfarang: I tend not to walk around with a purse at night - not yet....hehe

I was more thinking about burglaries, we have a few areas in Phuket that got hit

harder than others.

Thanks again!

The only off-street place I know to run is the Queens park track I mentioned earlier. I don't know of any scheduled running events here but there is a chapter of the Hash House Harriers. They have a weekly fun social run/walk event at different locations around the area.