Thai Language <--> English Language

MistaDorn

:o Hello :D

This is weird for me. But I will try.

I'm not so good in any languages. I grew up in so many country including Thailand. My mom she's French India mix Thai and my Dad Indonesian. I grew up in Italy. My parent are used to be Ambassador of Indonesia in Italy. we lived there for 10 years. I was born there in Rome and stayed for 4 years then I move to Indonesia. Dad converted me to Indonesian nationality. I born in Italy I've got Italian nationality. anyway. now I am diffinitely Thai Nationality. I can speak Thai very well as I takes my lessons in school everyday and passed the grade 12 at the ages 19. I started studied thai since 16 years old. My mother toungue is used to be Indonesian. but since I lived here I used only Thai Languages. My Pronounciation of Thai language is good and fair enough to understand. I can read i can write very well after speding 5 months to study hardly Thai Languages. NOW! I have problem with English. which I never study English or go to school to study this languages since born. I don't know how to use Grammar. I learn English from the music I used to listen Everyday "Celine Dion" and some more pop music. The pronounciation of my English is fair enough. the wording, I am chatting with friend everyday, I can read English but some words are wrong reading but I understand what it is mean. I am sure that the messages I am typing here got a lot of wrong grammars and other. I want to be good in English languages specially "Business English" which is different from normal English. I want a friend, An American friend that could teach me English. I went to AUA near the Lumpini park. I want to know what level will I get if I having a test before study there. the result is I've got 9 out of 15 levels. I don't know if this is fluke or not. but then I started to study there in AUA for 2 term and quit. I haven't much time to study that time. Right now. If one of you here could help me teach English Lessons face to face I could be happy. I want to be good in English. at least I can used this languages and good as you are. the problem I always have in English is

1. listening - I could understand if they speak english slowly.

2. my personaly, I speak English very fast that will make you believe that I am good in English. It maybe cause of I listen and sing along the music everyday.

3. I believe I used English (U.S) languages with those short words.

4. I always get nurvous or get un-sure to say something when they ask me in English, I want my english to be flow like my Thai language.

that's all. two thing important to me is Listening and Grammar, business.

to go study at ECC or other I don't like it. I don't really like to study at school. And I am working now. so haven't much time to spend my day at ECC or AUA..., hehe and it is quite expensive too. I have severals American friends and U.K friends. but not in Thailand. they are in their own country. hardly to teach me English lesson. anyway. please Private Messages me if you can be my friend and teach me English language. and I could also teach you Thai Language or if you need as a payment "hope not expensive" :D. I'm totally not rich boy. a Thai School or University got farang teacher and the cost for farang is so high. too high. but here in this Forum if someone reallly have free time I am deeply need helps with my English Grammar. English "U.K" is ok too. but it is very hard for me, it's too hard really. English "U.S" is more easy and simple. well friends I am begging you for this. I learn fast, pretty fast. If I understand I will get fast in learning everything. Well, I better leave. Every post of mine always have a long post. sorry for that. bye bye.

Yours,

Dorn

• 7 months later...

พี่่บัวอะ อายเขาอะ ทำไมอะไรมาโพสต์ที่นี่ นี่เคือกระทู้เก่ากึกที่ผมเขียนไว้ :o แถมยังไปบอกเขาอีก เวรกรรม. นี่คือกระทู้ที่ผมใช้แลกเปลี่ยนความรู้นะครับดูพวกฝรั่งเขาคุยกัน พี่นะพี่ อายเขาจังเลยอะ

What language do your parent speak to each other? Surely it is English.

Get them to teach you. Spend some time  with them.

You should have posted this in the Teaching Forum.

:D also talk with mr. mistadorn in typ thai :D

Hi,

i'm weissetara coming from Thailand :D and live in Germany and you where are you? :D

In my book MistaDorn, that would be mistake number one :o Getting an American to teach you Business English. :D:D

That seems rather odd considering America has the largest economy in the world.

GNP 10 402 billions

As opposed to Great Britan 1 599 billions

Heck, there are a number of States in the US that have larger Gross products than Great Britan.

If my math is right I think Great Britans economy is about the same size as the state of California.

I guess any native English speaking English teacher would suffice to equip you with enough English to be able to conduct business. I am sure that Americans and English people can both understand each other clearly enough to conduct business - it seems to be the case in my experience.

I think you need to learn the basics of English grammar first - reading and writing is best way to achieve this (and you could do this alone with a couple of English novels) - it really does not matter a hoot whether you spell 'colour' with or without the 'u'.

It does seem a little strange to ask for and American to help teach you English - rather like asking for a Goan to teach you Portugese. Will likely work, but still seems odd. Really you should ask for a native English speaker and leave it at that - Antipodeans, Americans, British, Canadian, etc

Some one asked what language your parents spoke - I would guess it was Indonesian from you post, so doubt you learnt much English from them :o

Chok Dee

Edited by wolf5370