Late For 90 Day Reporting ... Consequences?

My 90 day reporting date for my retirement visa was up on March 10. Through a number of reasons I haven't done so, but will do on June 5.

1) What will the fine be? 2,000 baht?

2) When will the next date be for the 90 day report? Does the next period start after I report (June 5) or will it start from the March 10 date?

Thank you.

Edited by sniffdog

yes thanks BG, that's helps somehow however i believe you are talking about a "Non Imm B" not a "Non Imm O"

No with non-immigrant multiple entry visa, regardless if it is B or O or anything else you CAN NOT do 90 day reports but need to leave the country and come back to receive another 90 days stamp (as long as your visa is valid).

If you get one year extension of stay based on marriage, retirement, working etc then you need to leave the country every 90 days OR report at immigration every 90 days.

Two totally different things and the thing here is visa vs extension fo stay.

Edit: OK so it got deleted and righly so. Maybe you can delete this one as well just not to confuse anyone.

Edited by MJo

If you get one year extension of stay based on marriage, retirement, working etc then you need to leave the country every 90 days OR report at immigration every 90 days.

With an extension of stay you do not have to leave the country at all - but if you stay longer than 90 days you must report your address to an Immigration office each time your reach 90 days without leaving. This report (TM.47) can be done in person, by someone you designate or by mail.

I had a situation where i was due to report but was leaving the country at the same time so didnt bother.

Then came the fiasco at the airport resulting in me being 8 days over reporting by the time i left the country.

Result was an angry immigration officer and a 2000 baht fine.

That’s interesting, farmerjo. The first report I see about the immigration officer at the departure desk at the airport checking whether the 90-day address report is overdue.

When did that happen?

Did the officer see it on his computer, or from the slip of paper stapled in your passport?

--

Maestro

Since some people are misreading this statement.

MJo is not saying you have to leave the country every 90 days. Just that you could do it that way.

If youi leave the country before you go over 90 days you do not need to make a report.

It did not require hitting the report button 3 times to get my attention once would of been enough.

Snifdog, a cheap agenda costs less than 2,000 baht and you can also glue a piece of paper on the mirror in your bathroom. Some mobile phones have an agenda facility too so has your computer.

As far as I know you get 7 extra days when you forget the 90 d reporting.

Went to BKK Immigration yesterday for my 90 day report, there was a notice posted, maximum fine 5000 Baht for non/late reporting.

Yes. That is the max. but in reality they only ever fine you 2,000 Baht. Up to now.

• 2 weeks later...

I found this thread so I don't have to open a knew one .

I've got to report for my mother and myself the 21st of June , Sunday , think if I do it Monday it will be okay right ?

I could do it Friday , but I've gor a lot of construction going on at my home so don't want to leave until job is finished .

My guess is it doesn't matter .

Next month got to renew the extension , got 400k for 60 days in the bank account at hand ( Chiangmai ) ,

money is not taken from overseas , will I pass ?

I've got to report for my mother and myself the 21st of June , Sunday , think if I do it Monday it will be okay right ?

I could do it Friday , but I've gor a lot of construction going on at my home so don't want to leave until job is finished .

Next month got to renew the extension , got 400k for 60 days in the bank account at hand ( Chiangmai ) ,

As said up to 7 days before and 7 days after.

There is no requirement for the money to be coming from overseas although as usual some offices may want this.

Also some offices still want the money in the bank to be there for 3 months even though the rule is 2 months. :)

As said up to 7 days before and 7 days after.

There is no requirement for the money to be coming from overseas although as usual some offices may want this.

Also some offices still want the money in the bank to be there for 3 months even though the rule is 2 months. :)

Thanks for the quick reply .

Guess I've got a fair chance , don't think they will refuse extension , cause my last one was based on the fact

my wife making the 40k the month , which was thrown out , perhaps they have something new to say for the next year .

:D

Went to BKK Immigration yesterday for my 90 day report, there was a notice posted, maximum fine 5000 Baht for non/late reporting.

The 5000 baht fine is if you are caught. For example, let's say that you were walking down the street and a BIB stopped you and asked to see your passport. If you happen to be one of the very few people who actually carry it, he might notice that your 90-report has expired. In that case you could be fined 5000 baht as you were caught, rather than going to the imm off on your own to sort it out. So, if you go into the imm off and get it brought up toi date on your own, you will always be fined 2000 baht. (This is basically what an imm officer told me, so you might say it's come straight from the horse's mouth.)

• 4 weeks later...
2,000 Baht fine. I should think that they will tell you when to report next. My guess is 90 days after June 5th.

In mypassport my 90 day notice reads " Any Alien who fails to comply with will be punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 baht and with an additional fine not exceeding 200 baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with" I'm sure your passport has the same notice in it? If I were you I'd pop and get a sick note from a doctor. As we are now july 12th it would be intersting to hear how much you did get fined?

As far as I know you get 7 extra days when you forget the 90 d reporting.

7 days either side of the date.

Let's get detailed.

Say that the upcoming due date is the 8th of August. Is the window from the 1st to the 15th? Or is it from the 2nd to the 14th?

I'm asking because Immigration, in every other situation, counts Today as 1, not 0.

Maybe I'm too cautious, but I'd think it's the 2nd to the 14th.

Believe they will count as one week. So if report day is Tuesday you can report from Wednesday the weekl before through Monday the next week.

As for the fine notice it is not part of the TM.47 and not everyone has in there passport. The normal fine is 2,000 baht unless arrested for some offense where it will likely be 4,000 baht. Have never heard of anyone paying the 200 baht per day but expect it would be in the case of not paying when informed they would start adding that amount until paid.

Edited by lopburi3