Another Thread On Renting A House/apartment!

adgroom

Hi, I've just made the move from Phuket to Chiang Mai as I needed a change of scenery and I am looking to rent a house or apartment for 6+ months. I'm currently staying in a short term serviced apartment so I have 2 weeks to find somewhere that I like. The problem that I'm having is that I don't really know which are the best areas to be staying in are, I'd hate to commit to somewhere to later find the area isn't too great or we are too far away from things. I'm definitely looking to stay within 1-2km of the center of the city though, preferably as close to the moat as possible.

I'm mainly looking for a house, with 2+ bedrooms, a garden and somewhat decent size (200sqm+ would be nice). My budget is no more than 25k baht a month, although i'd prefer more around the 18-20k baht mark. Do you think this is being realistic at all or is it too hard to find a house right in the city center?

also, which area would you guys suggest I start looking and what area is nicest? The one's I have in consideration are Nimmanhamin Rd area, Chang Klan Area, Mahidol Rd area and Chang Phuak Rd area. Is there somewhere else i should be looking instead?

Finally, does anyone know of any websites that could be useful, or have they seen any actual houses that could fit this description?

Sorry for the rambling post and thank you in advance for any help!

for me, i'll choose the university area, just before going up doi suthep.

But houses much prettier outisde of the ring roads?

Thanks! I'll take a drive around there and see if I can see any houses for rent

There are many nice communities that are within 3 -5 km of the city center... Try Land and Houses ... also Kulpuntvill communities. There are at least 12-15 very livable communities. And for sure you can find a nice place for 18 - 20k.

Take you time and look around... dont rush... there is a lot on the market these days... and always negotiate. I have found that if you offer to pay 3 - 6 months in advance you can get the rent cheaper.

--A

for me, i'll choose the university area, just before going up doi suthep.

But houses much prettier outisde of the ring roads?

I live in changklan..It is nice and quiet.Not to far from tesco Hangdong and airport shapping mall.

Thanks a lot for the help so far. I'm looking at a few houses today, mainly around the Chang Clan area.

I'm not really looking for a house in a gated community though, but thank you for suggesting those areas :)

Are there any other suggestions of areas within the center where I may find a house? - One last try before I let this thread die

Interesting to see that other Phuketerians seem also to get tired of this overbuilt , overpriced, overkill driving, more and more non-Thai island.

As you I am looking , there so many areas of attraction, the Ping River, have no idea were to end up. Taking my time, enjoying the Ping River, the small hotel, its pool, I could stay just here.

Looked at Land & House today, not my cup of tea, too manicured, I want same quiet but real life, at the Ping ??