Thong Lo Police Still Conducting Their Stop And Frisks

johnthaivisa

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expect these shakedowns to become more common with the slumping economy.

Here's happy again :)

More shakedowns from rogue officers.

Let me shout it to you folks

OVER 10 YEARS AND NO SCAMS, BAD G/F's or ROGUE POLICE OFFICERS DEMANDING MONEY !(the odd 50/100 baht driving..tiss normal)

Guess I have just been lucky or as i rather know by talking to lots of other farangs its the NORM.

Its only on TV (maybe certain areas/bars) that all this negativety exists! Certainly not with the farangs I know here or have met.

Happened to me many years ago. I would bet on it being near the temple at the top of Thong Lo before you cross the klong. A few crappy farang hangouts up there. I was visiting a friend and had two cops emerge from the shadows.

They put their hands in my pockets and put the wind up me a little. I was clean and sober and lucky to be on my way after a minute.

Happened to me many years ago. I would bet on it being near the temple at the top of Thong Lo before you cross the klong. A few crappy farang hangouts up there. I was visiting a friend and had two cops emerge from the shadows.

They put their hands in my pockets and put the wind up me a little. I was clean and sober and lucky to be on my way after a minute.

OVER 10 YEARS AND NO SCAMS, BAD G/F's or ROGUE POLICE OFFICERS DEMANDING MONEY !(the odd 50/100 baht driving..tiss normal)

Guess I have just been lucky or as i rather know by talking to lots of other farangs its the NORM.

Its only on TV (maybe certain areas/bars) that all this negativety exists! Certainly not with the farangs I know here or have met.

So as usual we are all liars then right? Same old lame old from you. Why would we all bother lying about this? No really why? It's hardly the worst thing that could happen here so why would all of us just decide to make this up? You are too funny. Let me tell you something I learned and it is a universal truth handed down from God. LIARS THINK EVERYONE ELSE IS A LIAR TOO. I've met several people that constantly accused or infrerred others were lying only to find out that person themselves was a pathological liar, every time I read one of your posts it reminds me of these people.

So as usual we are all liars then right? Same old lame old from you. Why would we all bother lying about this? No really why? It's hardly the worst thing that could happen here so why would all of us just decide to make this up? You are too funny. Let me tell you something I learned and it is a universal truth handed down from God. LIARS THINK EVERYONE ELSE IS A LIAR TOO. I've met several people that constantly accused or infrerred others were lying only to find out that person themselves was a pathological liar, every time I read one of your posts it reminds me of these people.

:D

sanook is just very angry that he has not been frisked himself. i guess he has to pay for that sort of thing.

Far from been angry i am happy that i have not been subjected to this stop and search.

Yes, it has happened to me in the past but no money exchanged hands and i was free to trot on.

Paying to be frisked by a BiB is a little weird when i can go to Ratachada and have a honey frisk me and much more and have a happy ending to the story :)

I have made a note to always carry a copy of my passport+visa. The bigger worry, is the feeling powerlessness and the paranoia in regards to having something planted on you.

Not sure about copy of passport, but do you know that copy of Thai Drivers Licence is illegal.

I have a work colleague who discovered this the hard way. He admittedly broke a traffic code, was stopped, the bib took his licence and gave him a ticket. farangr reported to local police station, senior officer said "this is a photocopy of a licence, show me the original" which the farang did.

Got fined 200Baht for the offence and 500Baht for carrying / giving police copy of licence.

The senior police officer produced a copy of the Traffic Code in Thai and English, and sure enough - it is illegal.

One thing I notice about all the posters' experiences of being stopped and searched by Thong Lor Police is that they seem to select people on their own. No poster appears to have been with someone else.

One thing I notice about all the posters' experiences of being stopped and searched by Thong Lor Police is that they seem to select people on their own. No poster appears to have been with someone else.

I was with a friend and two local girls in a taxi a couple of years ago and we were stopped. I can't remember where it was though.

They didn't bother searching the girls - they remained in the taxi. Only me and my friend were told to leave the cab. They searched our pockets.

First thing in my head was we're going to get taken the cleaners.

My friend who was a little pissed was very friendly and got talking football.

The main cop was a Rangers fan and there was an exchange of banter and he let us go...

Nah not always, new years even when I was searched I had about 6 or so people with me. The searched my black mate the most.

I have been searched with friends before as well. But yes most of time I am searched I am alone.