90 Day Report In Pattaya

Today at Pattaya Immigration I just completed my quickest ever 90 Day Report. I arrived at Immigration at 11:40 and went to the ticket machine to get my que slip. The guy behind the desk gave me the "What do you need?" look and I said "90 Day Report." He waved me to that section where I waited for a snappy 10 seconds for the current customer to complete his business. The official accepted a photo copy of my most recent rent receipt as proof of residence, stamped my report document and said "You lucky, last day for report" I replied with a couple of "sorrys" we both laughed and I was on my way. Two minutes total, I kid you not! ( I always keep a blank 90 Day Report copy at home and complete it before arriving at Immigration.)

Not a big deal, but the photo copy shop immediately outside Immigration raised the price of a photo copy to 5 baht. It could add up if you need several copies, FYI

In Bangkok it is 2 baht for copies at shop houses across the road - guess have to pay salt air tax in Pattaya.

Yes, I remember payiing two baht a copy at Suan Plu. I am pretty sure that I paid two baht per copy for my last 90 Day Report in Pattaya; however, I agree that salt air is indeed expensive :)

No worries, the standard copy price is still two baht, even in exotic Pattaya :D

I'm still *very* happy with the folks at Chiang Khan. Sign here, sign here, stamp, come back in 90 days. Then we sat around and shot the breeze with them for 15 minutes (it's a lonely little outpost - the two times I've been there I was the only 'customer'). I had a couple of questions I wasn't quite sure about, and they all chimed in with the same advice at the same time - lovely. The only problem was that there were police checkpoints every 20kms or so, so the 2-1/2 hour drive each way became 3 hours each way. But it's a nice ride, grabbed a nice lunch, a pleasant day out. I don't miss Bangkok at all!

Does Pattaya have it's own rules? Maybe that's why so many people think that the 90 day report is for reporting your address when it's reporting staying in Thailand for more than 90 days.

All I've ever had to show is my passport and passport copy. Mind you I take everything that they might possibly ask for just in case.

Question:

I am on annual retirement extension and about to do my first 90 days report. As I move around a lot, I do not have permanent address in Thailand (besides PO Box), can I stop at Pattaya Immigration, present hotel receipt for 1 or 2 days stay to fulfill the requirement?