The Flu And Your School

Scott

Hey Mizzi,

You forgot to tell them that it's the students who've been called in to do the cleaning. Bunch of saps.

True true! jing jing!!! I was under the impression that the school was hiring a professional cleaning service to do the job, but my colleague set me straight! :)

My school was closed for one day a while back for cleaning. No students, but the teachers had to be there to clean.

It would seem to defeat the purpose to have students at the school. They are the ones we are trying to protect, I think.

The fewer people around the better.

We closed for 3 days. No teachers and no students just a hired cleaning staff. I wouldn't want to think about what would happen if the students were asked to do the cleaning. :) Maybe their maids and nannys would come in their places. :D

Well, we had a few teachers who weren't too handy with a mop or a rag. In reality, it was more a 'show' than an effective cleaning. They gassed the place with Dettol. I have no idea if that is even close to being effective.

Perhaps Dettol is what they used here too. They used a kind of fogging machine in each room. Didn't help though. We had 3 confirmed H1N1 cases after the "cleaning". Things do seem to be quieting down now though.

Edited by twschw