Thai Wife Got Paper To Sign Saying She Married Farang

farmerjo

Not quite sure what all the fuss is about. The local district officer(Or Ba Dor) came to my house on Saturday with the same form as is posted on this thread.

I filled it out and gave it back to him with a smile. He informed me that it is a form that they are giving to all "farangs" living in their area and indeed it is a nationwide thing. It is indeed to check the comings and goings of visitors so they can keep track with illnesses that are maybe going around the world.

Thais with a recent travel record also have to complete a similar form.

It would be of some concern if many people were to "file" the form in the bin. The local authorities would then have no idea where people were coming from and going to and what they were picking up on the way. They are only trying to help after all.

I think that Stevo2 has the right attitude on this simple form. The staff who ask for this information are the very same people in our community who work hard to help people with screening for health issues. My wife is not friendly at all to strangers who show up, and has been very firm in sending away salespeople while they are still on the OTHER side of our electric fence. But she was convinced this is a legitimate poll and we would be rude to not answer the questions. No banking information, no phone numbers, not even a passport number was requested. This was not a pushy insurance saleslady from our local bank branch.

Ok,

The paper i recieved was for local government to get a grip on how many farangs in the area.

The second meeting was about the school in the local village,pricipal was sprouting off that there 89 farang in area and he wants them to contribute to make school international and give him great recognition.

Farangs are asked to contribute for improvement of school.

Ok,

The paper i recieved was for local government to get a grip on how many farangs in the area.

The second meeting was about the school in the local village,pricipal was sprouting off that there 89 farang in area and he wants them to contribute to make school international and give him great recognition.

So the principle assumes that all farang are rich and free with their money. There may be 89 farang in the area, but how many high earning Thais are there? Why doesn't he ask the High earning Thais to contribute?

Anyway money will not improve the school unless it is spent on better teachers.

Agreed,

From what i see you need razor wire to keep the kids in to learn.

Personaly i would rather contribute to the new cement road going ahead or power supplies to remote houses in the district.

Will be interesting as elections are coming up.(Wonder if money on camphaning will stop and go to the above neccessaties)

Sorry about the spelling.

Ok,

First point, information available at local immigration office, yearly extensions, 90 days reporting etc.

Second point, may well be farang in the area, how many of them actually have children?

Sounds like Khun principal has some serious face issues and is looking for gullible farang to raise his status.

Third point, improve the local school, doh let me guess, would that be in the form of a new school bus, eg a brand new benz for said principal?

The text is not very clear. Educated Thais are generally much better at reading text like this. The below translation may contain errors as I had to squint quite a bit. Corrections are welcome.

Anyway, just to get the ball rolling:

Form for foreigners staying in the province of Buriram

Name ...

Age ... years

Address ....

Country of residence .....

History of exiting and entering the country (for how long do you stay abroad) ....

Time of stay in Thailand .....

Last time you travelled out of the country (please specify the dates and to which foreign location you travelled) ....

First name / Last name ...... of the person surveyed

[illegible]

Date

------

Is this the FORM? This afternoon a local Government employee rang our front gate and gave this form to my child. I have not yet gotten a translation from my wife, but perhaps a Forum member who has made the effort to learn to read Thai could explain what this form says. Thanks in advance. I live in Buriram Province. The Police have never come by for any reporting procedure, only to sign a patrol box twice a day.

Just a hunch, but could it be they are looking for foreigners who are liable to pay tax in Thailand?

All the information they would need seems to be on that form.

Just a thought

Here's an idea...

Every farang has to report to immigration every 90 days -- with passport.

If they want to know where I've been, why don't they set up a desk at the Immigration office and snag each passport as part of the process, or add it to the checklist of the Immy boys?

Efficiency isn't their strong suit...

Is this the FORM? This afternoon a local Government employee rang our front gate and gave this form to my child. I have not yet gotten a translation from my wife, but perhaps a Forum member who has made the effort to learn to read Thai could explain what this form says. Thanks in advance. I live in Buriram Province. The Police have never come by for any reporting procedure, only to sign a patrol box twice a day.

Hi Kamalabob2

I am under the impression that the form is only being distributed to dubious individuals :) Needles to say I do not have one! :D

TBWG :D

Hi Kamalabob2

I am under the impression that the form is only being distributed to dubious individuals :) Needles to say I do not have one! :D

Could agreed more

yesterday me and wifey checked with cousin who is local politian also showed printed copy of the papres and she said it's scam,, something to do with local's milking you guys...

again,, lesson lerned,,,

Hi Kamalabob2

You wait until you get to Swampy in a few months. 2 burly ladyboy Customs Officials are waiting with rubber gloves on, to check you out ! :D

Dave

Hi Kamalabob2

You wait until you get to Swampy in a few months. 2 burly ladyboy Customs Officials are waiting with rubber gloves on, to check you out ! :D

Dave

Now that sounds like fun. :D

Hi Kamalabob2

Dave

H'mm What did I do with that jumbo tub of KY jelly? Seems I might be needing it!

H'mm What did I do with that jumbo tub of KY jelly? Seems I might be needing it!

TBWG :)

It on the shelf above the left basin in your bathroom that leads to your bedroom.

By the way, the batteries have run out in that thing that looks and sounds like an electric toothbrush without the brush !

Oooops

Edited by Dave the Dude

It on the shelf above the left basin in your bathroom that leads to your bedroom.

By the way, the batteries have run out in that thing that looks and sounds like an electric toothbrush without the brush !

Oooops

Didn't know you use to frequent TBWG's bath & bedroom Dave :):D

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Today my wife brought home papers she has to sign saying she is married to a farang.

Without being able to read thai its hard to get to the bottom of this.

From what i can gather is that the goverment think all farang are rich and now should start donating money to the poor people in their areas.

I take it as an extra way for local governments to raise extra revenue at the expense of thai ladies married to farangs.

Does anyone else know anything about this ?

Cheers

Hi Farmerjo,

I live in Phu Pha Man and was there for all of May and June, we didnt recieve any paperwork like that and my missus is pretty well known in the area, did you get to the bottom of it?

Should get together for a beer in a couple of weeks when I am back, if you are around.

Khun andy

Never fill out any "government" survey form which does not have a genuine government seal. Should be a no-brainer. The wife should know what is and is not a real government seal. Even under Thai law, anyone who misrepresents themselves as doing official business would face harsh local enforcement of the law. One does not misrepresent that they are doing business on behalf of HIM and gets away with it.