Yakult Scam

pdavids

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yakult - with its handy small size bottles - is ideal for kids packed lunches as it fits snugly into a packed lunch box.

It is also a tasty refreshing drink to be enjoyed at any time of the day

Great, now the Yakult ladies are not only spamming our apartment complexes, they're also doing it on our message boards.

Yakult - with its handy small size bottles - is ideal for kids packed lunches as it fits snugly into a packed lunch box.

It is also a tasty refreshing drink to be enjoyed at any time of the day

Great, now the Yakult ladies are not only spamming our apartment complexes, they're also doing it on our message boards.

Empty Yakult bottles make an ideal feeding device - when fitted with a small teat - for rearing baby monkeys or sick puppys :)

Early last week 4 small bottles of Yakult in a plastic bag were left hanging on the door of my condo. I checked the other three apartments on my level and all had the same plastic bags with Yakult inside. I considered it some sort of promotion. The Yakult was cold, so had obviously been recently placed on the door.

Over the next three to four evenings more small plastic bags with 4 Yakult inside were again left hanging on the apartment door. I was actually home on each occasion and no-one rang the bell. I figured the promotion was being overdone. I don't like Yakult, but brought it inside each time and put it in the fridge. You don't need Yakult going off overnight on your front door. And then last night, the doorbell rang and two ladies in Yakult caps and T shirts presented me with another 4 bottles and a bill for 68baht! They could not speak English and my Thai is limited, but I gave them the 68 baht, told them it was little better than a scam and not to leave any more Yakult.

Although peeved, I still admired the sheer audacity of it. Yet another Thai scam, or a misguided marketing effort on the part of Yakult? And how did they get into the building when security is very tight? The usual kickback, no doubt. This little exercise in condo blocks around town (I live in Sukumvhit) could be a nice little money earner.....

So mean and stingy (can't even spell it). Only 68 baht! You mean you counted 68 baht? No tips?! If they were dressed in their Yakult minis, you should have given them at least 1000baht (each) and asked for their numbers ..... you goose!

Yes, but you are confusing a real scam costing maybe thousands or a pensioners life savings with a straight forward system that is in place and common knowledge for locals and maybe long staying farangs.

This cost the OP 68baht and he had the goods therefor no scam :D

So care to tell me what scams have happened to you can you give an example?

So it seems that 1) a scam must be more than 68 baht otherways is not a scam, can you tell me from what amount can i start considering something a scam? 2) all the elderly that ended up with encyclopedias, crazy items, you name it, have not been scammed because they actually have been given what they signed for...., that's great!

sorry but i am still not convinced by this theory, it should't be about the amount of money but about respect of the right thing to do, i really dislike people insisting so much in making me buy something (yes i don't get along very well with street taylors) and if they start invading even my own property obstructing my way in, or anything not requested that can somehow create unnecessary discomfort on my end it's a big "no-no", i will never think to leave on your doorstep my wardrobe just because i am selling it cheap and you might wanting it, on the same way as i will not park my car inside your garage because you might fancy to buy that one as well, can you see my point? i have respect for the others and i expect the same, if however you think i am wrong then please show me where as i am not perfect (but sometime it really scares me how close to perfection i am.....) :D

Get a grip dude! These are honest working ladies trying to make an honest baht and by doing the normal marketing scheme they have for years and its only the nick on poop cannot understand farangs who are getting all emotional over it.

You know in your heart and mind this is not a scam so i will not waste my time filling in the blanks for you.

This is not a scam... gem scams, tuk tuk scams, massage parlour scams, jewellery scams etc...these are real

I've yet to see an article about Thailand or in the Lonely Planet that warns visitors of the notorious Yakult scam :)

But now thanks to this posting it will be in google soon :D Yakult scam in amazing Thailand land of smiles and grumpy farangs

"If any of you guys has a chance to buy a few of these silly drinks to support a hard working and honest local you should consider a very small investment into the community. " (Mai Krap)

Basically I agree with you.

My tooth ache: I would not want to support a trickster.

Results 1 - 1 of 1 for Yakult scam in amazing Thailand land of smiles and grumpy farangs Yakult scam in amazing Thailand land of smiles and grumpy farangs ". (0.61 seconds)

Search Results

Yakult Scam - Thailand Forum

Yakult Scam : QUOTE (Carib @ 2009-06-16 09:28:45) Have a problem with the sugar, ... Yakult scam in amazing Thailand land of smiles and grumpy farangs ...

The word "scam" must be the most overworked noun on Thai Visa.

....and i wonder why of that? :D ----> :):D:D <----- maybe because of these little guys? i didn't ask them yet if they drink Yakunt or not...

Can somebody explain me what's up with the straws in EVERY drink you buy?

mmmm....probably because it make the distance between the mouth and the drink shorter so no need to pull the arm further up, so kikkiatt :)

• 1 month later...

You all are so lucky with the yakult delivery! Here in Koh Phangan we are not so bad, we have yakult delivered too, but from a 50 year old gay/katoey. So, please, don't complain so much about the scam if a gorgeous girl want to take a few more baht from you.

Hello everyone again, i just come back from a trip that taked me from the north to the south of the country and you will never guess what did they served to me into the double deck bus on my way to Chiang Mai.....

post-73039-1248028711_thumb.jpg

So for my way back i then decided to take a sleeper private cabin on a train, but inside the toilette i found a very strange notice and no trace of the notorious drink, does anybody knows if there is a delivery lady called Sannita by any chances? that would explain why nobody was delivering on the train.... :)

post-73039-1248028859_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone again, i just come back from a trip that taked me from the north to the south of the country and you will never guess what did they served to me into the double deck bus on my way to Chiang Mai.....

post-73039-1248028711_thumb.jpg

So for my way back i then decided to take a sleeper private cabin on a train, but inside the toilette i found a very strange notice and no trace of the notorious drink, does anybody knows if there is a delivery lady called Sannita by any chances? that would explain why nobody was delivering on the train.... :D

post-73039-1248028859_thumb.jpg

When on the bus, was it given to you with an extra bill for the yakult? Was it a yakult lady doing the distribution? and...did you feel scammed...??? :D

You must have discovered the advantage of drinking from these little bottles when on a bus, they don't block all of your view, so you will not mis a thing from the surroundings... :)

Just wished they delivered here too would be nice for me. And it isnt a scam anyone thinking it is is a grumpy old expat who cant adjust. If it were a scam it would be a stupid one only making a few baht on a bottle and delivering it.

When on the bus, was it given to you with an extra bill for the yakult? Was it a yakult lady doing the distribution? and...did you feel scammed...??? :D

You must have discovered the advantage of drinking from these little bottles when on a bus, they don't block all of your view, so you will not mis a thing from the surroundings... :)

Luckily no extra charges were added,so no need to feel scammed, the lady distibuting them was definately worth an extra bill, what a waste of human potential! :D ... however knowing the company in question i wouldn't exclude that someone possibly after a week or two will knock on the door of the bus driver with a bill to pay :D ...it was a night trip so not really much to see outside...