Rubber Tapping Money Split

Mosha

I'm dubious about this and think my wife's son in law is trying to pull a fast one. So opinions please. He has told her, he will sort everything- the tappers-selling the harvest-feeding the trees. he wants 60% and giving my wife 40%. As I say I am dubious, so what do you guys think?

I'm dubious about this and think my wife's son in law is trying to pull a fast one. So opinions please. He has told her, he will sort everything- the tappers-selling the harvest-feeding the trees. he wants 60% and giving my wife 40%. As I say I am dubious, so what do you guys think?

He'll probably have to pay the workers 50% unless they're from Burma. So, altogether not such a bad deal if he'll sort out all the other things incl. buying the chemicals .

They'll be Burma, I have a pretty good idea who he's got in mind.

I would have serious reservations about giving anybody the rights to harvest and market your crop.

Ripping off each other is a national pastime here ,rubber is particularly attractive as it is easily sold on the side.

My wife has about 30 rai now and we pay only 40% to the workers and giver her mom 50 of her tapping's for taken care of all the land and sending money home. so i think 60 is a little high, but anyways he's going to get what he wants if you know or don't know.

I have often heard of the 60/40 split. You will have no expenses and will receive 40 percent. The only consideration would be the honesty of the son in law.

They'll be Burma, I have a pretty good idea who he's got in mind.

I would have serious reservations about giving anybody the rights to harvest and market your crop.

Ripping off each other is a national pastime here ,rubber is particularly attractive as it is easily sold on the side.

There are many potential problems with any or all contracted "tapping". The usual thing is the amount of latex collected.

Some examples:

.. they did not cut because many day already, the rain washed it away, could not finish, saw ghost, leaving latex in cups every few trees etc etc.... they establish a reduced yield level by gentle attrition and then from then on you get your percentage of the "new" yield .

Another favorite is to use a "cousin" to buy latex or..price is maybe 1 thb below rate for region plus they get the delta between actual price paid and stated.

You also need to watch the "scrap" it accumulates quickly and never appears on the "bins" so that is additional revenue lost.

There is no easy answer except spot checks, when I have done this in the middle of the night the guilty workers simply disappear and I have to find new ones. The split down here is usaully 60/40 in your favour.

Good Luck...

• 1 month later...

My Land (100Rai) with rubber trees starts producing this year,

and we agreed on a 70/30 split......which I think is fair.

A question which would be helpful to calculate the actual income would be,

how man KGs does a tree produce per year?

then one can calculate and make decisions.

RRR...100 rai...80 trees to a rai is 8,000 trees and they have been growing for 7 years and you have no idea of the production levels?...

You need to start by Googling "Thai Rubber" and start reading...you need an education in a hurry....

Stoneman

RRR...100 rai...80 trees to a rai is 8,000 trees and they have been growing for 7 years and you have no idea of the production levels?...

You need to start by Googling "Thai Rubber" and start reading...you need an education in a hurry....

Stoneman

Have to agree with stoneman.

By the sound of your post you have not taken much interest in your investment,so I would say you will end up getting what your workers give you. To start you say you have a 30/70 deal. A hundred rai will need about 10 tappers.{ Goodyear tyre Cambodia has one tapper per 600 trees]

If you are interested in learning about rubber you could drop down to my place, Buntharik Ubon. We started tapping the end of last year. All the best of luck Jim

I have been farming trees here in Rayong for 20 years. first I tried fruit but now all rubber, the split is 60:40 but I get the 60% mind you I pay for all equipment and fertilizer. This is the norm in this area.

My staff are good friends for 30 years and I know 100% trustworthy.

One check on how good your workers are is to check the tree where it is cut, it should be relitively smooth if conscientiously cut

Edited by thaipete