Us Visa For Thai Gf To Go On Vacation In The U.s.

Looking for some advice on whether I could get a Visa for my Thai girlfriend to travel to the U.S. Facts of the case:

- I am a U.S. citizen living in Belgium as an XPAT for work

- Want to take a vacation to the U.S. for 1-2 weeks and bring her with me

- She lives in Pattaya with no criminal conviction and solid ties to Thai with a daughter attending school. (Yes I fell for a Pattaya girl but she seems nice, she has built my trust overtime and we just want to have some fun)

- She was granted a tourist Visa to Europe (Denmark) less than 2 years ago and returned with no problem

Problems I see so far:

- I am paying for all of the trip. She does not have a lot of money so showing her bank account at the interview with not help showing she has the ability to support taking this trip. Can I just write a letter stating I am paying for everything along with my US bank account information?

- Should I purchase the ticket first and use this as evidence or wait until Visa has been granted?

- Application asks for contact person in the U.S. Since neither of us live in the U.S. and we are just going for vacation she does not have a contact person. I could just give my name and a friends address that lives there if that would help. Could just give the hotel info.

- Any other suggestions on how she should present this at the interview?

Thanks

Tim

Tim good luck but

spacer.gif

My Thai wife and I were married Feb 08 and live in Australia, she has provisional Aust residency. She applied for US tourist visa 6 days, as we were doing a trip around the world. She has lived in Aust for one year and has been doing English classes all that time.

Her US visa was refused as they said there was not enough tying her outside the US. She is 41 and we have no need for her to work. How do you prove ties outside US.

Applied and refused at Melbourne US Consulate.

The US visa web site says not to purchase tickets

Good luck on that, the last time someone I know tried she needed $20,000USD in bank account, and defiantly something that would bring you back.

The last time a friend tried to bring his girlfriend to the states refused although she met all requirements. She had just graduated from University and no job history. They went for a fiance visa approved married 90 days after her arrival.

Another friends girlfriend recieved the tourist visa she met all of the requirements, she was a school teacher.His dad had to submit a letter of finicial responsibility in case of illness.

Good luck don't buy the ticket before you get the visa and don't hold your breath but you never know all they can say is no.

O would also recomend getting a letter from your employer in Europe stating the time you have been wroking with them, the amount of time you will be given as vacation and how much longer you have on your contract.

It may go to help show that you have ties to overseas and as such you will be leaving, so she has no one in the US to stay with. It may also show them that she is not trying to do an end around applying for Fiance visa or Immigrant visa.

Given that you are only Boyfriend/ Girlfriend and not Husband/Wife less weight may be given to this, but it still may help.

Good luck on that, the last time someone I know tried she needed $20,000USD in bank account, and defiantly something that would bring you back.

I believe that the above is only partially true... they need to know 2 things

1. To be sure you will come back (this is very subjective and depends upon Visa Officer)

2. To be sure you have the funds needed for your trip (could be a package vacation or a sponsor, doesnt have to be a large sum a money in the bank)

Even if the applicant had a million dollars in the bank...they still have ATMs in the US, soit doesn't help with point number 1.

20,000 is a very arbitrary number and I am sure no visa officer at the embasy would say this is the magic number. Depends on your individual case, people with far less than this get visas every day.

Unfortunately, your story is a very common one and the failure rate is very high. If you can, Come up with a real vacation for her that doesn't sound like you bringing along a traveling companion to your home country. A vacation that she can afford and a solid reason for her to come back to Thailand on schedule. Having a child here is common and by itself, is normally not considered a reason to return to Thailand.