• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

2. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

3. 0

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

4. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

5. 23

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

6. 61

Why Do You Even Drink?

7. 23

8. 14

Thaksin and Pheu Thai Party face constitutional showdown

9. 1

Police Identify 24 Suspects in Connection with Hundreds of Deaths at UK Hospital

10. 9

Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

11. 0

60-Year-Old Man Fatally Shoots Ex-Girlfriend, Then Himself, After Failed Reconciliation

12. 0

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

13. 130

Trump chickens out again.

14. 23

15. 23

600km Day Trip Bangkok To Chantaburi- Kawasaki Er6n, Ninja Zx10r, Ninjette 250r, Yamaha R6

What a beautiful weekend for a ride! Rounded up Trent on his stunning Ninja ZX10R and Jim on his Ninjette 250R for a ride to Chantaburi.

061309BKKChantaburiRideMap.jpg

Kyle showed up thinking he could take an ER6n for a long test drive only to be denied... :D The guy is nothing if not resourceful though and he blasted down to Pattaya and rented a nearly new US spec Yamaha R6 with less than 800 miles on the odometer for only 1300 Baht! I always thought all the bikes down there were beaters and had no idea that top of the line sport bikes like that could be rented. I'm still amazed that anyone would rent out a ~700,000 Baht bike for only 1300 Baht a day!

Total confusion on my part (Nothing new there! :D ) as I thought a bunch of other guys were leaving from Kwackerzaki Rama 9 at 0900... :) Turns out they left at 0800... Ooops!

No worries- Trent, Jim and I set off for Chantaburi and Kyle headed to Pattaya on a mission to rent a bike and catch up with us.

Man... I didn't realize YouTube limits the length of videos. Too lazy to go back and re-edit, so you get to watch the vid on YAA BAA! :D

Happy Trails!

Tony

It didnt really matter that we were late for the ride as all the Kawasaki guys were on cruisers anyway... would of kinda sux'd doing snail pace speeds all the way to Chan and back. The only downer about leaving so late was the temperature, with Tony and I in full leathers it was a very hot day and 10 hours in leathers leaving and entering Bangkok in peak hour was really tough. I ended up like Kasey Stoner after yesterdays race (brilliant race by the way.. best ive seen ever), totally exhausted and overheated.

Anyway the ninja ZX10R is a monster, im STILL getting used to the transition of moving to a litre bike and since its fully modified its taking longer than i thought. The quick throttle is something i must respect as it accelerates wildly from 0 - crazy fast in no time at all.

Kyle is quite a guy managing to ride from the Kawasaki showroom to Pattaya in a split second, rent a bike and meet us in Chantaburi for the remainder of the ride. He is a good rider who can more than handle the power of the Yamaha R6. I test rode it when we stopped at one point and its a nice machine, very comfortable grip with the knees and smooth up through the gears.

If anyone wishes to purchase more music from the video (Alvin and the chipmunks), please check out this link: http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&...hl=en&emb=0

Thanx again guys for the ride. It was good to get back in the saddle after a long spell. Cant wait for the next one...although i will definately be doing the next tour on my FZ6 and not the ninja... sore everywhere :)

Hope you're feeling better Trent- must be nice to have a sexy nurse to take care of your heat exhaustion and aches and pains. :)

I'm actually more comfortable riding in leathers, but agree that negotiating thick Sukhumvit traffic SUCKS no matter what you're wearing!

0613TrentNinjaSm.jpg

Mounting the camera to the handlebars resulted in a pretty bouncy video (the front end of the ER6 is twitchy) so next time I'll mount it to the frame sliders like Bard did and will hope for better results.

Some nice cruisers in Chantaburi-

0613ChantaburiBikesSm.jpg

Where are we going next???

drifting.jpg

Tony and the guys

Like i said earlier,,,you guys know how to have fun,, nice to watching the vids

what cam you are using tony?

1.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

This must be TRENT

21.jpg

23.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

and for those who are dreaming for riding

9.jpg

Practice first

13.jpg

Edited by MarcoH

Tony and the guys

Like i said earlier,,,you guys know how to have fun,, nice to watching the vids

what cam you are using tony?

LOL Marco- I seem to recall some fun times riding with you as well! Our ride from Chiang Mai to Chiang Kong was awesome. You forgot to post my favorite pic:

MarcoPanzerWagon.jpg

CLASSIC!!! :):D:D

I'm using a Sanyo Xacti VPC-CA8GX. Looks like this and cost about 16000 Baht at Pantip:

4994334254238l.jpg

sanyo-xacti-vpc-e2.jpg

I was attracted to the fact that it's waterproof, compact and seems pretty tough and sturdy. It takes decent video but I'm disappointed in the quality of the 8 megapixel camera performance... Buttons are tiny which makes it hard to access menus and zoom with gloves on... I need to work on a more stable mount- will try attaching it to the frame next time as the handlebars cause too much bouncing and vibration for my liking.

Happy Trails!

Tony

V7610501-12.jpg

Tony

Yeah that was "slip" of they year,, and you should see that womens face when she came and try to ask me if everything is ok,, and i just have over the camera to her and told her to take picture first,,55555she was so stunned,,,but laught

regarding cams

i contacted to thse guys and seem not bad deal as there is big screen viewing unit and permanent installation cameras,, i was thinking to buy 2 cam's 1 for front faring and 1 for rear view

as my bike is still in pieses it's easy to install.

looks this link

Bike cams

TO THE RIDER OF THE KAWA ER6n

I am riding a Honda Silverwing 600 + sidecar since 60.000 km here in Th.

Very happy with it. Only problem I never know where its limit is, not motorwise ( load 500kg !! ) but the belt transmission. On very steep inclines going slow over rubble, it may start slipping.

This is the reason for looking for a new bike.

Automatic needed because of handicap.

There are devices to shift gears electrically.

My question=

how does the ER6 handle?

How compfy for long rides ? Seating , etc.

Heat from the engine ?

I am a slow rider, it's no fun for the sidecar passenger to stare from her low perspective at the tarmac racing towards her. Hardly go over 100km.

What attracts me is its power + the price of 220b

TO THE RIDER OF THE KAWA ER6n

I am riding a Honda Silverwing 600 + sidecar since 60.000 km here in Th.

Very happy with it. Only problem I never know where its limit is, not motorwise ( load 500kg !! ) but the belt transmission. On very steep inclines going slow over rubble, it may start slipping.

This is the reason for looking for a new bike.

Automatic needed because of handicap.

There are devices to shift gears electrically.

My question=

how does the ER6 handle?

How compfy for long rides ? Seating , etc.

Heat from the engine ?

I am a slow rider, it's no fun for the sidecar passenger to stare from her low perspective at the tarmac racing towards her. Hardly go over 100km.

What attracts me is its power + the price of 220b

You might try the ER6N thread for more answers.

But if, as you indicate, you'll be sticking a sidecar on it, then this will utterly change the handling characteristics anyway. The seat, without modification, gets uncomfortable for me after a couple hundred clicks, or less if the GF is on the back. Any braking and she slides down the seat giving me the full 46 kilos on my back, balls and wrists.

Above 140 kms/hour the wind force gives a good work out for the neck muscles, as there is no windscreen.

Gets a bit warm standing at traffic lights, especially once the fan kicks in and sends a blast of hot air back.