Has Anyone Ever Used A Visa Agent On Koh Samui?

Hi all, i sent my passport off to Koh Samui and got a non-b visa issued from Cardiff and my in out stamps are from Buketa in thailand and Bukit Bunga in malaysia, then some stamps from KL....just wondering if anyone has used this same person before and if the visa and immigration stamps are legit as i will have to do a visa run to Cambodia and don't want to get arrested. Your help in this matter would be much appreciated.

If you were not with the passport when those stamps were issued they are not legal regardless of being a real stamp or not. As have no idea what the Pattaya situation currently being reported entailed can not be more specific than that.

If just your passport left the country and you stayed here then you are in trouble. Rather than just have an overstay which is dealt with fairly lightly you are guilty of fraud and forgery. Every time you enter or the leave the kingdom you are photographed. If the stamp in your passport does not have a picture against it then you are nicked as they say back home. Rather than get a forged visa you would have been better to go on overstay and just pay the 20,000 baht on leaving. Better in all ways is to play by the rules. They may be a pain in the bum at times but it sure beats getting banged up in an Immigration detention centre.

There is a post running about a French guy who is banged up in jail for the exact same thing.

Read it and weep!!!!!!!!

We do not know the specifics of the French case and it may not be the same at all.

True, but in any case our OP is possibly heading for a world of hurt as his stamps are most definately fraudulently obtained.

Also this kind of activity draws attention to the more relaxed consulates like Cardiff (if it's a real Cardiff stamp that is), makes life more difficult for all :)

Question:

If, or I should say when, the OP is arrested and he reveals the identity of the agent/person who "arranged" the visa, can he under the Thai legal system make a plea bargain and plead for insanity on his part?

opalhort

Hi all, i sent my passport off to Koh Samui and got a non-b visa issued from Cardiff and my in out stamps are from Buketa in thailand and Bukit Bunga in malaysia, then some stamps from KL....just wondering if anyone has used this same person before and if the visa and immigration stamps are legit as i will have to do a visa run to Cambodia and don't want to get arrested. Your help in this matter would be much appreciated.

What with the entrance and exit stamps from the respective countries as well as some additional stamps in KL, they (visa mill shops) are certainly much more thorough than the previously provided stand alone non-immigrant visa stamps.

Edited by sriracha john

What with the entrance and exit stamps from the respective countries as well as some additional stamps in KL, they (visa mill shops) are certainly much more thorough than the previously provided stand alone non-immigrant visa stamps.

It's still illegal.

The question would be are they real stamps done by Thai or Malaysion immigration.

For the Thai stamps it would only take immigration a few keystrokes and/or mouse clicks to find out.

It's still illegal.

The question would be are they real stamps done by Thai or Malaysion immigration.

For the Thai stamps it would only take immigration a few keystrokes and/or mouse clicks to find out.

Yes, of course it's all still illegal, I was just noting the increased completeness of the illegal act. A lot of the consulate visa stamps done before were legal stamps, but the act has always been illegal. The newish use of entrance and exit stamps may show them to also be legal stamps, but, again, the act itself is illegal.

This is the easy way to get black listed and bye bye Thailand for a long time. Also the agent once caught will be in a lot of trouble and probably jailed.

This is on top of the dumbest ways of solving visa problems. A lot of troubles you bet once caught.

Did the passport come back with a new TM6 departure card with an arrival date stamped on it?

If not that would make the Thai stamps even more questionable.

Yes I got a departure card which was also stamped all looks very proffesional...I know it is illegal but if the thai consulates in laos, cambodia, malaysia etc would issue a 1 year non b then i would do it legally but they dont even though i have a work permit and i would only get 3 months.

Did the passport come back with a new TM6 departure card with an arrival date stamped on it?

If not that would make the Thai stamps even more questionable.

Yes I got a departure card which was also stamped all looks very proffesional...I know it is illegal but if the thai consulates in laos, cambodia, malaysia etc would issue a 1 year non b then i would do it legally but they dont even though i have a work permit and i would only get 3 months.

It is up to you what you do next.

You can get a multiple entry B visa in KL if you have a work permit valid for at least 8 months or so.

Under the new rules a work permit is no longer tied to your permit to stay. I suggest you look in the pinned topics on at the top of the first page of this forum and open the one about the latest reports of getting a visa. You will find some posts there about getting a multi B in KL that have a lot of usefull information.

Ive heard about this service and from what ive heard there is no problem leaving the country, but ofcourse thats what the ones that are doing it will tell everybody.

I guess if its just fake stamps then you probably will get busted because they doesnt match the computer (do they really check that at all borders?), but if the "visaservie" actually have the right contacts within the immigrationservice, then it would work.

I agree that isnt really clever to leave your passport in someone elses hands and then get back a visa, but to spend several days (months?) in jail for it... i dont know?

I dont know what you can do now, isnt it possible to "lose?" the passport and then apply for a temporary one from your embassy? And then youll get a new passportnumber? I dont know how it works, but i dont think its fair to be facing jailtime for this? Alright to be blacklisted, but jail is a bit harsh.

Are people really stupid enough to still do this but somehow intelligent enough to reach this forum and ask about it, always after the event ?

As long as you leave Thailand you can post your passport wherever you want, what you cannot do it post it from Thailand without receiving an exit stamp.

I suggest a "lost" passport excuse, pay the Bt20,000 and move on.

Have you checked the spelling ! I have several mates using this service two of them had there visa issued at Cardife !

Those who I know to have these illegal visas so far have had no problems completing visa runs etc...H20 suggesting that every time you leave they will cross ref with pic absolute nonsense on land crossings. However he is very right about the potential fraud charge and the shiiite you could find yourself in if caught.

Personally I would never recommend going this route, but I also had to go through these issues when they had there last shake up approx 5-6 yrs ago, costing thousands of bht and wondering if would be deported. Since then I have been legit with obtaining visas.

Good luck

I can't see taking the risk. I have read of these visas costing as much as 20,000 baht or more.

With a bit of advance planning you can fly to Australia and get a visa for less money or about the same.

Have a look at airfares on Air Asia to Perth from KL. I checked the cost of buying a ticket 3 months in advance with the flight from Bangkok to KL included it was only about 8000 baht total.

KL immigration scan the passport, take your picture and file the picture with the scan. Thai immigration take picture and file on passportnumber.

No reson to think these stamps are genuine.

I would get a new passport ASAP :)

Edited by katabeachbum

I can't see taking the risk. I have read of these visas costing as much as 20,000 baht or more.

With a bit of advance planning you can fly to Australia and get a visa for less money or about the same.

Have a look at airfares on Air Asia to Perth from KL. I checked the cost of buying a ticket 3 months in advance with the flight from Bangkok to KL included it was only about 8000 baht total.

The prices have flip-flopped since the hey day of the "mailed-in visa"... Then it was 13,000 for the visa when airfares were 35,000 to Australia and 50,000 to the USA.

I'm actually surprised it's still going on, particularly when airlines are so actively involved in the process now. Even back then, a stamp from the UK consulate, without corresponding entrance and exit stamps for Thailand, was questioned at length by the Japan Airlines staff at Don Mueang.

Edited by sriracha john

Are people really stupid enough to still do this but somehow intelligent enough to reach this forum and ask about it, always after the event ?

As long as you leave Thailand you can post your passport wherever you want, what you cannot do it post it from Thailand without receiving an exit stamp.

I suggest a "lost" passport excuse, pay the Bt20,000 and move on.

Yeah, that should work shouldn't it? But then again, how would the Thai immigration KNOW how long he as been in the country when he try to leave? Then they would have to check the computers where the last "enter stamp" is? (Again, is there really a record of this? I know they take the picture at the Bkk airport, but as someone else wrote i dont think they take any pictures at all the borderlines, so if its the right station with some officer typing the exit and enter stamp in?)

But isn't those "enter and exit stamps" registerd to his passport number, if he get a new passport he will get a new passport number, right? Anyone knows how this works?

Your entry and departures are in immigrations computer system.

A lost passport might work but if the stamps are not real you might end up paying an overstay if all they have is your last entry in the comptuter. At 500 baht a day that that adds up quick untill your reach the 20,000 max fine number.