Pattaya Tv Stoops To An All Time Low

Digger

I was channel hopping last weekend on Sophon and had the misfortune of watching the new Pattaya Mail TV show. It was bad enough with Raine O'Grady or whatever her name was but now it is truly appalling. I have to say though I felt compelled to watch it just to see how bad it was and wait for the set to collapse behind the presenter who is truly appalling. I am no fan of the other news channels such as Pattaya People and Pattaya City news but in comparison they are almost worthy of Oscars.

Why do these channels try and stretch 2 minutes of news into an hour long show with 30 minutes of ads, oops sorry cant advertise anymore, so promotional features. Far better to actually do something more interesting such as 5 minutes of news, which is changed every day, (rather than show something that happended 1 week ago when things are quiet or politically correct for the owner of the channel to impress someone) and then something along the lines of investigative journalism on stories that are relevant to the area. Not heard anymore about chronic water shortage (wasn't it reported couple of weeks ago that Pattaya would run out of water in the middle of February?), What about some actual impressions of where the new roads will run, rather than just showing yet another shot of Sukhumvit Road taken months ago and quoting names of streets that most people will not have heard off. How about following up on news stories where things are left up in the air. Its not rocket science and the calibre of the advertisers reflects the quality of the programmes. And as for that ###### steakhouse feature shown on Pattaya City news time after time where they are showing the wrong pictures of wine to the words, chosen by a girl who looks like she does not know the difference between red wine and white wine is truly TV at its worst. I think the question from Howard goes " why open a steakhouse ?" answer "because we think North Pattaya needs another one " - what a load of rubbish. As a result of seeing that feature I would never step foot into the place.

Perhaps I am being unfair here but surely someone can do better and at least SCHEDULE their hour so that you now when to tune in and when to turn off if your not interested.

You took the words out of my mouth regarding pattaya mail.

Why do they constantly the most boring voiced people you could imagine.

Apart from the tedious pattaya expats club all the bloody time pattaya people tv and pattaya city news are miles ahead.

Perhaps us residents should form a banned from TV list?

I'll start-

1,Any farang presenter from pattaya mail.

2,Crazy Dave.

3,His mate Bob.

4,Any drunk englishman.

5, Anybody australian :D who goes to Shagwells. :D

No offence meant of course. :D:o

Apart from the tedious pattaya expats club all the bloody time pattaya people tv and pattaya city news are miles ahead.

I'll start-

2,Crazy Dave.

3,His mate Bob.

4,Any drunk englishman.

5, Anybody australian :D  who goes to Shagwells. :D

No offence meant of course. :D  :o

Then there is the Muay Thai boxing Brit who seems to lose more than he wins on Pattaya People TV.

I wonder if the lady opening the new library as part of the PILC is aware that all the volunteers she needs require work permits !!! (and of course some books would not go amiss judging by all the empty shelves in the background.)

As for Shagwells, well cant say I'll be setting foot in a place that demands Brits sign a 'sorry' book - what a tosser, next he'll be asking Germans, Japanese and Aboriginals to do the same.

I do actually like Crazy Dave's ad's in a warped way but he seems a good hearted guy, unlike most of the idiots who end up on TV - you know what you get with Dave and odds are its a stinking hangover :D oh and a cheap breakfast with guzzler Bob sitting at the next table :D

Can anyone tell which country the Pattaya Mail presenter is from? Certainly does not sound like English is her native tounge

Edited by Digger

You guys are lucky youre not on Banglamung Cable. The English (or Swahili or whatever it is ) news service is terrible. The programming on Banglamung and Sophon is getting worse each year with little regard for the subscriber.

I feel i should add at this juncture that i am not crazy dave nor do i have a restaurant called crazy daves, although i have to admit to very occasionally, and i mean extremely occasionally to eating there, i do have to admit to knowing bob in the adverts though, but his name isnt actually bob, pretty wierd really

I'll start-

2,Crazy Dave.

3,His mate Bob.

4,Any drunk englishman.

Then there is the Muay Thai boxing Brit who seems to lose more than he wins on Pattaya People TV.

I wonder if the lady opening the new library as part of the PILC is aware that all the volunteers she needs require work permits !!! (and of course some books would not go amiss judging by all the empty shelves in the background.)

As for Shagwells, well cant say I'll be setting foot in a place that demands Brits sign a 'sorry' book - what a tosser, next he'll be asking Germans, Japanese and Aboriginals to do the same.

I do actually like Crazy Dave's ad's in a warped way but he seems a good hearted guy, unlike most of the idiots who end up on TV - you know what you get with Dave and odds are its a stinking hangover :D oh and a cheap breakfast with guzzler Bob sitting at the next table :D

Can anyone tell which country the Pattaya Mail presenter is from? Certainly does not sound like English is her native tounge

What's a 'sorry' book?

I'll start-

2,Crazy Dave.

3,His mate Bob.

4,Any drunk englishman.

What's a 'sorry' book?

Something the Aussie owner has thought up whereby Brits have to appologise for something or other - I never paid much attention to the interview when the owner was describing it to Neils Colov, but I think its supposed to go back to when the convicts were sent from UK to Australia.

You guys are lucky youre not on Banglamung Cable. The English (or Swahili or whatever it is ) news service is terrible. The programming on Banglamung and Sophon is getting worse each year with little regard for the subscriber.

Banglamung news in English is without doubt the worse English I have ever heard.

If they cannot find someone in all Pattaya, who cannot speak it better, it's pathetic. How anyone can understand it is beyond me.

I'll start-

2,Crazy Dave.

3,His mate Bob.

4,Any drunk englishman.

What's a 'sorry' book?

Something the Aussie owner has thought up whereby Brits have to appologise for something or other - I never paid much attention to the interview when the owner was describing it to Neils Colov, but I think its supposed to go back to when the convicts were sent from UK to Australia.

i'll sign the sorry book when Nelson gets his eye back. :D

Edited by davethailand

I would not advise anyone to get Sophon at the moment,for an extra B1000 or so the diffirence between UBC is huge.

On Sophons 60 channels 14 or so are crappy music channels,the CNN is mainland USA,not CNN International,no BBC.

Two English movie channels repeating the same movies,and in very poor sound,vision quality.

There is a French channel that shows movies,but they put the subtiltes in French as well,WHAT is the point of that.

I would not advise anyone to get Sophon at the moment,for an extra B1000 or so the diffirence between UBC is huge.

On Sophons 60 channels 14 or so are crappy music channels,the CNN is mainland USA,not CNN International,no BBC.

Two English movie channels repeating the same movies,and in very poor sound,vision quality.

There is a French channel that shows movies,but they put the subtiltes in French as well,WHAT is the point of that.

I'd agree I already have UBC as well as Sophon - Sophon is OK because primarily I watch it for ABC Asia Pacific but now UBC has BBC Prime, for me at least Sophon really has little of any interest. Now if UBC started carrying ABC, then i'd drop it like a shot.