Help! Just Found Out I Can't Get Reentry Stamp A Airport!

I just found out the reentry stamp can no longer be obtained at the airport, a huge unpleasant surprise at this late date! :):D I just got my one year extension to my Non imm O-A (single entry) visa and thought I was all set for my trip to the States. I always thought the stamp was obtained before getting on the plane.

Lop3 said maybe I could get one in the morning at Suan Phu but I don't have a way to get there.

Any ideas on options I may have? This trip has been long in the planning! Changing the flight is costly too.

Thanks for any assistance!

Edited by Lopburi99

Seems you either try and go to suan plu or get a whole new visa in the states.

Can I go to an alternate immigration office, one maybe closer to Lopburi? Are offices typically open Saturday mornings?

Edited by Lopburi99

Offices are normaly not open on Saturday, only BKK is. You cna try and apply online in BKK, you would still have to go there, but would have to wait less long.

The police order names the possibility to get a re-entry permit in case of emergencies at the airport, but that is more for people who suddenly have to travel becaue a family meber is dying or something.

Offices are normaly not open on Saturday, only BKK is. You cna try and apply online in BKK, you would still have to go there, but would have to wait less long.

The police order names the possibility to get a re-entry permit in case of emergencies at the airport, but that is more for people who suddenly have to travel becaue a family meber is dying or something.

Unfortunately I don't have flexibility tomorrow like I would normally have, or I would just hire somebody to take me to BKK in the morning. I am really p!ssed at myself for not checking out the reentry stamp situation more carefully. I am afraid this trip will have to be postponed. :) I hope others learn from my mistake.

Thanks for your ideas guys.

Applying for a re-nerty permit by email:

For a re-entry permit,if you are in Bangkok area and you have an Internet access, you could fill in a TM. 8 form and send it to [email protected]

— You should e-mail the completed form 1 day in advance.

— You have to submit a 2" photo and pay a permit fee at counter 7, the Immigration Bureau (soi suanplu office.)

— Fee for re-entry permit:

1,000 Bahts for single

3,800 Bahts for multiple

Don't forget the photo!

The tm8 form can be downloaded here: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm8.doc

Is it worth doing on-line? The re-entry I mean.

last time I waited 90 min for a normal re entry in the San Plu office.

Can you just go to the outside window if u do online? Do they still need to stick yr foto in for you while u r there? Is it quicker?

P Ed

Is it worth doing on-line? The re-entry I mean.

last time I waited 90 min for a normal re entry in the San Plu office.

Can you just go to the outside window if u do online? Do they still need to stick yr foto in for you while u r there? Is it quicker?

P Ed

From all reports it is much quicker. You go the window ring the buzzer give them your passport, photo and money. Then they give back your passport in a just few minutes.

Just a question to add to this, if when I get a new visa in a couple months would getting the multiple entry (vs single) resolve this problem? Meaning I (or others doing the same) would not need a re-entry permit in a case like this, or even an emergency? :)

Just a question to add to this, if when I get a new visa in a couple months would getting the multiple entry (vs single) resolve this problem? Meaning I (or others doing the same) would not need a re-entry permit in a case like this, or even an emergency? :)

Getting either one is good insurance against an emergency or unplanned trip.

A single is good if you don't plan on any trips. A multiple if you do plan a trip even if it's only one trip would be worth it if it's a long ways to your assigned immigration office because that's the only place you can get one now.

If you are asking about a multiple entry visa, which you get from an embassy or consulate abroad, then there is no problem. With a multiple re-entry visa you can just leave and re-enter as long as the visa is valid, without a re-entry permit.

Applying for a re-nerty permit by email:

For a re-entry permit,if you are in Bangkok area and you have an Internet access, you could fill in a TM. 8 form and send it to [email protected]

— You should e-mail the completed form 1 day in advance.

— You have to submit a 2" photo and pay a permit fee at counter 7, the Immigration Bureau (soi suanplu office.)

— Fee for re-entry permit:

1,000 Bahts for single

3,800 Bahts for multiple

Don't forget the photo!

The tm8 form can be downloaded here: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm8.doc

Hi Mario2008,

I wonder if you can help me. I recently made a trip to Laos in March for a Non Imm O visa (single entry) which I returned to Thailand with without any problems. I made a link to it for others to see on another (rival site) complete with pics but it was removed by the mods. PM if you want the link.

I then signed on at Suan Phluu after the initial 90 days so that the visa could be upgraded to the full Non Imm O version, but they didn't ask for any financial statements, pics of me and my wife etc. I just thought I was going to be given a 60 day extension which I believe is normal in this situation. Instead they gave me 90 days as you can see in my passport which takes me up to 31st August - IMG.jpg

They then added the white stapled page which seems to allow me to stay uninterrupted for the subsequent 90 days.

My question now is that, as I am returning to the UK for teaching work for three months, leaving July 6th, if I get a reentry stamp at Suan Phlu before I go, can I return on the same visa or will it expire and I'll have to return on a new visa?

Would appreciate your input as I'm sure would others. I've been here 12 years and the visa thing is a constant puzzle to me - a bit like a cross between Sudoku and Grand Master level chess!!

cheers

Hannibal

Your stamps show that you are allowed to stay till 2 Aug 2009, so with a re-entry permit you would have to re-enter before 2 aug, otherwise you would need a new visa. Right now they did give you the 60 day extension.

The note in your passport tells you to report if you stay longer then 90 days, you have to do that every 90 days you stay. It is not an exension of stay. Your stay is only good till 2 Aug.

If you don't want to get a new visa in the UK you will have to get an extension of stay from immigration, but if you are going for an extension of stay based on being married to a Thai you will not have enough time, as that requires you to come back again 30 days after you asked for the extension.

Hi Mario2008,

I wonder if you can help me. I recently made a trip to Laos in March for a Non Imm O visa (single entry) which I returned to Thailand with without any problems. I made a link to it for others to see on another (rival site) complete with pics but it was removed by the mods. PM if you want the link.

I then signed on at Suan Phluu after the initial 90 days so that the visa could be upgraded to the full Non Imm O version, but they didn't ask for any financial statements, pics of me and my wife etc. I just thought I was going to be given a 60 day extension which I believe is normal in this situation. Instead they gave me 90 days as you can see in my passport which takes me up to 31st August -

They then added the white stapled page which seems to allow me to stay uninterrupted for the subsequent 90 days.

My question now is that, as I am returning to the UK for teaching work for three months, leaving July 6th, if I get a reentry stamp at Suan Phlu before I go, can I return on the same visa or will it expire and I'll have to return on a new visa?

Would appreciate your input as I'm sure would others. I've been here 12 years and the visa thing is a constant puzzle to me - a bit like a cross between Sudoku and Grand Master level chess!!

cheers

Hannibal

You only have an extension of stay until August 2nd which is what you you applied for. The paper they stapled in your passport is telling you that you need to do a 90 day report because you will be staying over 90 days it is not an extension.

Your permit to stay is only until August 2nd so a re-entry permit would only be good to that date.

You should get a new non-o while your are in the UK. If you don't plan on getting the one year extension you should get a multiple entry visa valid for one year. You could get almost 15 months out of it if do an entry just before it expires. Apply at the consulate in Hull you can get it without anything more than your marriage certificate and a copy of your wifes ID card.

As said you have a 60 day extension to Visit your Wife. The extension is until Aug 2nd 2009.

When you leave on July 6th that extension will then die unless you get a Re Entry Permit which would be no good for you as you are going away for 3 months.

If you wish you can get a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa from the Consulate in Hull. This would give you up to 15 months stay but would need a border run every 90 days.

Or as Mario said get the 12 month extension in Thailand if you qualify.

I have a multiple entry OA visa. In the first year I could have come and gone many times without a re-entry permit. Now that I have gone past the first year I need a re-entry permit whenever I leave the country.

Edited by ianh68

I have a multiple entry OA visa. In the first year I could have come and gone many times without a re-entry permit. Now that I have gone past the first year I need a re-entry permit whenever I leave the country.

If you get a multiple re-entry permit you don't have to worry about getting one every time you leave. It is valid for the length of your permit to stay. A single has the same validity period.