Pattaya Swat Team In Action.

PTYstefan

last night on the 20th jun '2009 at around 2355 o'clock in the night.

i was driving around pattaya on the way home, when suddenly a big group of police volenteers started to drive by my bike.

so i decided to follow them. (first i realised that their bikes were slow to my bike(honda Phantom))

i did not know what is happening. so not to be suspiciouse i went to the gasoline station on sukumvit thepprasit, wilst filling up my bike i asked the personel there, they got the information from drivers that tank there. he told me " there was a pick up that had been chased down by the police and he tried to make a run from them."

now that i know that it was not only a chase on motorbikes it got more interesting.

so i followed acting like nothing happend the police that were still driving around in to numerous soi's of sukumvit untill we got to a big croweded narrow street full of people.

i have seen a lot of police one new and one old swat car. many undercover police. and the pick up truk.

as it seems like that the truk has spead with a lot of speed it to the wall of an house making two big holes in to it and that is when it came to a stop.

the swat team was standing there in full gear ( bullet proof vest, m-16, handcuffs ect ect ect....) holding a suspect on the ground. they said they wanted to stop him only for an alcohol test because he was driving like a snake on the road also adding on that he has damage numerous cars and bikes around pattaya running through the gates of a police stop.

i give thums up that they have cought the suspect, catching him in a high speed chase. and caught another wrong do'er from the streets of pattaya. if this happens more and more. they will make a good name for traffic police.

(feels like i am in holliwood )

i was driving around pattaya on the way home, when suddenly a big group of police volenteers started to drive by my bike.

so i decided to follow them. (first i realised that their bikes were slow to my bike(honda Phantom))

i did not know what is happening. so not to be suspiciouse i went to the gasoline station on sukumvit thepprasit, wilst filling up my bike i asked the personel there, they got the information from drivers that tank there. he told me " there was a pick up that had been chased down by the police and he tried to make a run from them."

now that i know that it was not only a chase on motorbikes it got more interesting.

so i followed acting like nothing happend the police that were still driving around in to numerous soi's of sukumvit untill we got to a big croweded narrow street full of people.

i have seen a lot of police one new and one old swat car. many undercover police. and the pick up truk.

as it seems like that the truk has spead with a lot of speed it to the wall of an house making two big holes in to it and that is when it came to a stop.

the swat team was standing there in full gear ( bullet proof vest, m-16, handcuffs ect ect ect....) holding a suspect on the ground. they said they wanted to stop him only for an alcohol test because he was driving like a snake on the road also adding on that he has damage numerous cars and bikes around pattaya running through the gates of a police stop.

i give thums up that they have cought the suspect, catching him in a high speed chase. and caught another wrong do'er from the streets of pattaya. if this happens more and more. they will make a good name for traffic police.

(feels like i am in holliwood )

So which was it, swat, police volunteers, undercover police or traffic police??

I think you are getting a bit over excited PTYstefan, nothing impressive there, if the pick up driver had not crashed they would still be chasing their tails yet! :)

the swat teem has been chasing him down and took him away(there was also see-foo(nick name) a member of the swat team), the police volunteers came later as they have recifed the news over the radio, trafic police got there latest to see what has happened.

Amazing! It took all those cops with all their resources to chase down 1 guy who still managed to make so much damage to cars, bikes and a building before they could catch him.

I think they will get much more applause when they are able to stop someone without damage. Possibly, there should be a review on their training technics.

as i heared they just wanted to make a routine police stop, but he fled the seen. but also did not found anything in the car. only CD's maybe ciggarets, which dose not show up in the report that it was in the car.

but as you see also in the U.S (police chases) the weapons are always drawn on the suspect.

but i think it was more to a show and impress that they have cought 1 suspect.

always looks good in the news makeing a good name.

It's ridiculous. See below.

Maybe we can ask private citizens to guard the border

Yeah, you know, vigilantes who would agree to do our job for the adrenaline rush that comes from having a tiny taste of authority over your fellow man

And all we're paying 'em is bullets and beer. :)

Edits by gsprimo. Thanks to honeybunny and YYeTs.net

So in theory, they did not catch him. He wrecked into a house.

If the Thai was on a bike or had not crashed into a wall with his truck, they would still be chasing him. With the giant trucks and bikes they have, they will be hard pressed to "catch" anyone who can zip around cars, through traffic and through back sois and dirt passes.

However, I will at least give them credit for finding the house that he cashed into and taking the drunk off the road for a night or two.

What happens to Thais when they are caught driving drunk?

they start running.....

if they are to drunk to drive then they will have to pay a fine, also have to sleep some nights in prison. and then they are free to do the same again.

i did not know what is happening. so not to be suspiciouse i went to the gasoline station on sukumvit thepprasit,

sounds like you might be qualified to be an ambulance chasing lawyer or perhaps a local Pattaya TV crew

I personally have my own SWAT team which consists of an electrified tennis racquet which I use to swat unsuspecting mosquitos

thank you jellymeister,

just cruising down the midnight roads. sleeping problems. just wondering like a thai, what happend and why there is so much police.

but still i would not make a good lawer neither a tv crew. i have a good name for sales/ reservation.

Gee, I wonder if the post is interesting.

I started to read it then noticed it was one of those REALLY annoying posts where the OP is either too lazy or too uneducated to use punctuation and capital letters.

It is because English is my third Language, and I was Raised with learning three Languages. I have a weekness in writing.

I am sorry that i am not as good as others but still i am trying to do the best.

I started to read it then noticed it was one of those REALLY annoying posts where the OP is either too lazy or too uneducated to use punctuation and capital letters.

It is because English is my third Language, and I was Raised with learning three Languages. I have a weekness in writing.

I am sorry that i am not as good as others but still i am trying to do the best.

Sorry - I'm not trying to be nasty to you. It's just hard to believe that someone could learn as much vocabulary and grammar as you have but never get a grasp of the basics like starting sentences with capital letters and ending them with full stops (or other appropriate punctuation). AFter reading your reply I glanced through your post further and it became clear that English is not your first language.

Sorry - I'm not trying to be nasty to you. It's just hard to believe that someone could learn as much vocabulary and grammar as you have but never get a grasp of the basics like starting sentences with capital letters and ending them with full stops (or other appropriate punctuation). AFter reading your reply I glanced through your post further and it became clear that English is not your first language.

Or maybe even two capital letters?? :)

they start running.....

if they are to drunk to drive then they will have to pay a fine, also have to sleep some nights in prison. and then they are free to do the same again.

What a shame. :)