All The Rumours Ultra Thread

Jimjim

Hey all, I think this should be a popular thread to rival each club thread, at least until the end of August. Talk about all transfers, confirmed or not, club takeovers, etc.

To start it off, obviously a lot of stupid <deleted> that would never in a million years happen gets tossed about in the press, particularly England. I mean, c'mon, Torres to Man U or Chelsea? Give me a fricking break, would never happen.

So, give your take on all the rumors here, stupid or not, and report anything you maybe have a scoop on.

Example, today it's been reported a Premier League club will be taken over by someone from the Middle East. What club will it be? Tell before the announcement and get it right, so we can be wowed at your prognosticating skills.

Also, I heard Tevez is going back to West Ham and Rooney is headed for Liverpool F.C....

Just kidding...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't want the fat jug-eared shithouse.

thought united's policy of ruling out signings aged 26 or over was interesting. meaning that if we offered them gerrard they'd say no apparently. sign of the financial times?

thought united's policy of ruling out signings aged 26 or over was interesting. meaning that if we offered them gerrard they'd say no apparently. sign of the financial times?

yes and no Stevie.

With teams like Madrid around - makes sense to get em young, win a couple league titles and CL. Then sell them off for tidy profit. :)

yes and no Stevie.

With teams like Madrid around - makes sense to get em young, win a couple league titles and CL. Then sell them off for tidy profit. :)

oh i agree james, it was always the bob paisley way. get them young and talented when they are driven and mould them into great players. then if they do want a change you sell them for a big fat profit. rafa has gone the same way since every successful signing he's made for us has been well below 26. reina, agger, skrtel, mascherano, alonso, torres etc.

I hope it's not us....

Arab buyer for PL club - report

WAM report claims takeover is pending at unnamed club

An unnamed English Premier League club has been bought by a member of the ruling family in the United Arab Emirates, according to the WAM news agency.

The report, released on Sunday, claims Sheikh Ahmed bin Saqr Al Qasimi, chairman of the Ras Al Khaimah Department of Customs and Seaports, has acquired a 60 per cent stake in a Premier League club.

It has also been reported Sheikh Ahmed will be made the honorary chairman of the club, once the takeover is complete.

If the deal does go through the unnamed club will become the second top flight outfit to be Middle East owned, following on from Abu Dhabi Sheikh Mansour's takeover at Manchester City.

Portsmouth are also in the process of being taken over by another Abu Dhabi investor, with Sulaiman al-Fahim bidding to take charge at Fratton Park.

The WAM report states that more details of any potential deal are to be released at a press conference in the next few days.

Latest is Owen to Hull City. Frankly would be about his level of club and he gets to stay up in the North so that's good for him. Also, Mourinho looking at Man U's Macheda but I can't see that happening. That boy's a talent that I think they want to keep...

English players in Greece:

Derbyshire has transferred to Olympiacos. I guess he was already on loan there. I didn't even notice.

Also, watch out Man U fans, Real Madrid seems the favored destination for Ribery. They are sure getting a lot of interest from top players for winning nothing last season...

Edited by Jimjim

dont think ribery will come to us,top players want to play for the galacticos they will have some team this year but will they gel,they need some quality defenders though no goodjust buying attacking players.

roumor that united have permission to talk to adebayor maybe some truth in that.

also the young lad costa united wanted to take him on a 20 day loan to see if he is up to standard but gremio knocked that back.

What's the deal with your ownership now, MSingh? I don't understand how you're owned by a bankrupt, non-existent bank. Thought it was shut down?

The Holding Company ( CB Holding ) that are in Control have a 2 Year Plan to stabalise us, improve the Infrastructure of the Club which isn't that bad anyway if you ask me, then will attempt to sell the Club within that time frame.

CB Holding ( Claret & Blue ) was set up at the start pof June by a selection of the Club's major creditors.

What's the deal with your ownership now, MSingh? I don't understand how you're owned by a bankrupt, non-existent bank. Thought it was shut down?

The Holding Company ( CB Holding ) that are in Control have a 2 Year Plan to stabalise us, improve the Infrastructure of the Club which isn't that bad anyway if you ask me, then will attempt to sell the Club within that time frame.

CB Holding ( Claret & Blue ) was set up at the start pof June by a selection of the Club's major creditors.

Well Singer, perhaps when that long awaited press statement arrives from Dubai this week?, your wish will come true.

I don't think Arsenal would give Adebayor to Man U, but that's just me. I wouldn't if I were them. Ok, sometimes the big 4 swap players but not often. I don't think it should ever happen.

seems Migsy's el capitan is going out of his way to get transferred...

skysports

Fabregas: Frustrated

Cristiano (Ronaldo) said he's leaving Manchester United because he had nothing else to win. For me right now it is the exact opposite, seeing the impotence.Cesc Fabregas.

Cesc Fabregas has stunned Arsenal after blasting the Gunners' 'impotence' following four seasons without a trophy.

The Spain midfielder has revealed his anger at the lack of silverware in recent times for the North London outfit, throwing his future at Emirates Stadium into doubt.

And Fabregas, part of the Spain side stunned by the USA in the semi-finals of the Confederations Cup in South Africa, admitted Arsenal's shortage of success was affecting team spirit.

"The absence of titles at Arsenal is what angers me the most," he is quoted in The Sun.

Impotence

"Cristiano (Ronaldo) said he's leaving Manchester United because he had nothing else to win. For me right now it is the exact opposite, seeing the impotence.

"This year we wanted it, we were giving everything - but we couldn't reach the level that everyone expected of Arsenal.

"When you win, you're well. But when you don't, everyone is in a bad mood. For four years now, we've needed a title to regain our belief in ourselves."

Fabregas stopped short of saying he wanted to leave Emirates Stadium but insisted he needs to be 'happy' during his career.

Interests

He said: "If I have to say I want to leave I will do it face to face. If one day I'm not happy, I am the first who will tell the manager.

"I admire Arsene Wenger but each of us has his own life and looks after his own interests.

"My seventh season is about to start. It's a lot when you're just 22. When you stop to think, you see that time flies.

"In football, you have to learn fast and take the best decisions for yourself and try to be happy."

Decision

The talented playmaker moved to Arsenal as a teenager from Barcelona but has admitted that his family, who are all Camp Nou supporters, would not prevent any possible future move to Real Madrid.

He added: "Of course my family would understand if I signed for Real Madrid because they love me, they want me to be happy and what is best for me.

"They'd support me - whichever club I joined. My family will always be there for me - whatever decision I make.

"They're the ones who are always by my side."

ribery has said today that he'll only move to real madrid. which is another of chelsea's targets gone.

if nothing else, it will be interesting to see them implode. that much money and egos in one dressing room.

the team they had wasnt that bad last year, me thinks there may be an opportunity to pick up a one or two of the unwanted (yet still fine footballers) as cut rate pricing as the deadline approaches.

ribery has said today that he'll only move to real madrid. which is another of chelsea's targets gone.

if nothing else, it will be interesting to see them implode. that much money and egos in one dressing room.

the team they had wasnt that bad last year, me thinks there may be an opportunity to pick up a one or two of the unwanted (yet still fine footballers) as cut rate pricing as the deadline approaches.

have you seen the size of their squad? they can field almost three full teams of internationals. at least they're signing a defender or two this summer, but lassana diarra is going to be as busy as makelele used to be for them.

they're selling every dutch player and huntelaar could do a good job for someone. sneijder is good too. i'd love van nistelrooy to sign for us as cover for torres but i imagine he wants to play first team football given his age.

have you seen the size of their squad? they can field almost three full teams of internationals. at least they're signing a defender or two this summer, but lassana diarra is going to be as busy as makelele used to be for them.

they're selling every dutch player and huntelaar could do a good job for someone. sneijder is good too. i'd love van nistelrooy to sign for us as cover for torres but i imagine he wants to play first team football given his age.

strange world, we take Owen and you get Ruud. I would take sneijder if given the chance for say 5 million. :)

i'm glad you're getting owen actually. he isn't a patch on tevez. sneijder's good, he's worth plenty more than 5m. van der vaart and robben i wouldn't touch with a bargepole though.

Higuain looks a quality young striker he works hard as well. Come to think of it he might work well as a second to Torres he would get more games with us than Madrid..