Coming to thailand...need a new passport?

I've been out of the kingdom for most of this year, but will be returning next month.  Having used visa agents in Chiang Mai several times over the past three or four years to extend my tourist visa, should I get a new passport before I come back?  Have there been problems with stamps from the north?  Will the fact that I'm coming back into the country pregnant and on a Non Imm help my chances of getting through without having to get a new passport?

Also, on a somewhat related note, does anyone know if the financial requirements for a farang woman married to a Thai man are now the same as they are for a farang man married to a Thai woman? Before these wretched changes it was a piece of cake for a farang woman to get permission to stay in the country if she was married to a Thai man.

Thanks guys.

Get a new passport before even thinking of coming here again. Period.

Expect to show evidence of 200K- 400K THB in the Thai bank for marriage visa, at least for the first year extension. Then it will be very easy for you as a foregn woman to get yearly extensions on the basis of beeing married to a Thai male.

Start with a NON-Immigrant "O" visa with as many entries as possible from the Thai Consulate/Embassy in your home country.