What Documents To Keep In Car?

Do you need a copy of the Car's blue book in the car or will just the insurance information be enough?

i have kept copy of book & insurance, so far enough.

:):D

Is that a copy of the whole book or just the first page?

Do you need a copy of the Car's blue book in the car or will just the insurance information be enough?

You only need a copy of the owners page. But remember, if you add a metal frame to a Pickup you need to go to the Registration department and get the alteration registered in the Blue book. You don't have to have insurance details because the road license on your windscreen now includes the legal minimum. About 2/3 years ago you used to have 2 disc's 1 was for the insurance, but now it is just one. However, if you a 'full' policy it is sensible to ensure you have all the contact details in case of an accident.

I laminate my copies, makes them easy to find in the car

Keeping the actual bluebook in the car can turn out for the worse going on a recent experience of Thai friend of my wife.

Her car along with blue book was stolen. By the time the police traced it, the car had been sold and ownership transferred into another person’s name. The police claimed they were powerless as all the transfer paperwork appeared in order.

Whatever important papers you keep in your car, be sure they are safe from moisture like in a plastic pouch of some sort. Once while my passport was in my glovebox, somebody put our mosquito spray in there. Yes, it leaked. Many pages of my passport became wet with the liquid, which dissolved the various stamps. Very maddening. Fortunately the critical pages survived the incident.

I assume this 'blue book' is the title for the car which would be transferred to you get once you have paid off a car note? While the car is still being paid off, the dealership would retain this book? Correct?

I was on highway 304 through the mountains and they were stopping every car wanting to see a copy of the owners book. My wife was VERY upset to have to pay 300 baht because we didn't have a copy. Thieves will always find new ways to steal.

I was on highway 304 through the mountains and they were stopping every car wanting to see a copy of the owners book. My wife was VERY upset to have to pay 300 baht because we didn't have a copy. Thieves will always find new ways to steal.

That was on the north side of the 'mountains', headed north? Same buggers got me in a rental at 2am a couple of years back. The 'nice policeman' nsisted that he needed to see 'paper car', shaking his head at my license and insurance docs. However, I found some 'special paper' worked well, namely 3 pieces of mostly red coloured paper!

I assume this 'blue book' is the title for the car which would be transferred to you get once you have paid off a car note? While the car is still being paid off, the dealership would retain this book? Correct?

So when you are driving a car that is being paid for on the never-never, what 'ownership' documents do you need to carry?