Comment From A Thai - "we're Going To Get What We Deserve"

Theyreallrubbish

Anti-foreigner sentiment in Thailand? I have not experienced any worsening nor felt it to impede on my enjoynment of life here. And even if I did, I wonder if it is any different to the anti-Asian sentiment in Australia or the anti-Pakistani/Indian sentiment in England or indeed the anti-Muslim sentiment in continental Europe?

As for getting what they deserve, some might say the same about 9-11.

So to the OP, anti-whatever is everywhere...no less or worse in Thailand. It certainly isn't right, but let's keep it in perspective.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Non Thai citizens shouldnt be able to buy land here it'll just make it unaffordable for the majority of Thais.

But if you want to argue that someone with a wife, kids and a job here should get citizenship easier then i'd agree.

+ a massive 1

Both excellent points. The way I look at it, all the land and houses etc is for my kids anyway. As long as they end up with it all I couldn't care less.

They could be sure they have a smart father who teaches them the western norms and values Mike!

That, Bart, is pretty much . . . well in fact, the only thing that keeps me here. Something I can't walk away from. But it's all good.

I have looked at the last ten posts in topic and seen nothing that seems even remotely on the topic of the OP. But then perhaps it is not easy to understand the OP’s unattributed quote "I think we deserve to suffer to show us what we've done", or what the OP tried to achieve with his wonderment whether “many other Thais look at what is happening with worries for the future as opposed to the very short term view that many take” the same was as the anonymous woman in her fifties whom he quoted as saying that she “does not think that making it less attractive and more difficult for foreigners to invest and live in Thailand is a good thing”.

This topic seemingly having run its course, or rather way off topic, it is now closed.

:)

--

Maestro

P.S. Talking about wonderment, I can't help wondering what or whom Theyreallrubbish is referring to with his nick, saying that "they are all rubbish", but that would have to be another topic.