Comment From A Thai - "we're Going To Get What We Deserve"

Theyreallrubbish

Everyone gets what they deserve anyway. It's just important to remember that just wanting something doesn't mean you deserve it.

:)

Certainly, like the Jews and Gypsies in WWII or the Tibetans today. They just got/get what they deserve because Heng has got his and as we all know his doo doo don't stink. Some people may want freedom or access to a decent education for their children, but hey, if the powers that be decide to give them squat, well that is what they deserve.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone gets what they deserve anyway. It's just important to remember that just wanting something doesn't mean you deserve it.

I know a lot of people that do a lot of bad things and only good things happen to them so the only way they get what they deserve is if there is an afterlife they get punished in.

It appears that he is using the word deserved in the context of cause and effect.

Edited by JohnGotti

I wonder how many other Thais look at what is happening with worries for the future as opposed to the very short term view that many take

Not many....The average Thai doesnt give a rats ar*e about the future, or issues which affect Farangs....

no, we just don't give a rats ar.se about the OP....

Obviously enough to comment, either your ashamed of how Thais treat farangs or you need to defend your fellow countrymen. I dont know why but there are genuine grounds here for complaints.

I would not defend my fellow countrymen or feel ashamed for them id comment on them if i see them do something bad.

I know a lot of people that do a lot of bad things and only good things happen to them so the only way they get what they deserve is if there is an afterlife they get punished in.

IMO that's just human nature (incorrectly) trying to apply laws of nature: homeostasis and basic physics (each and every action...) to the human created (and hence porous) concept of philosophy. While any particular action will typically result in some kind of reaction, there's no physical law that would result in any particular action necessarily being 'good' or 'bad.'

:D

"I think we deserve to suffer to show us what we've done" Was discussing the changes in Land Department policies on Thai wife's owning land and company structures owning land basically making it much harder. ...
What I find most amazing about this thread is the fact that the post that started all of it is misleading. There as been no changes in his wife's right to own land and the rule on company structures, i.e. nominees, was issued in 2006. TH
Not a change in the actual law but a change in the implementation of the law has the same effect.

Please give sample of the real case? The real effect can only come from court sentence.

I wonder how many other Thais look at what is happening with worries for the future as opposed to the very short term view that many take

Not many....The average Thai doesnt give a rats ar*e about the future, or issues which affect Farangs....

Obviously enough to comment, either your ashamed of how Thais treat farangs or you need to defend your fellow countrymen. I dont know why but there are genuine grounds here for complaints.

I would not defend my fellow countrymen or feel ashamed for them id comment on them if i see them do something bad.

Who said I'm defending them? More just having a sarcastic shot at people who lump all Thai's together, like we are some homogenous bunch of scam artists and simpelton idiots....

Bit like calling all expat farangs loser sex tourists who can't make it in their own country. That comment goes down real nicely on a forum like Thai visa, cause it isn't true. Only 90% of them are :)

You beat me too it :) . We sick of hearing all this "You depend on our money" boorish rubbish.

No country is an island, would like to see if Thailand can be self sufficiend i highly doubt it as no country in the world can. All countries are linked no one can build a wall around itself. If you want to see how it works out look at North Korea, but even they blackmail others to get stuff.

Im not saying Thais depend on my money, im saying Thailand cant live without the rest of the world.

I like it here but i get sick and tired of all those greedy Thais (usually in tourist area's) who scam farangs and rob and cheat them. It seems like a national pas time.

Thank god that where i live i have no problems with the Thais and they dont have them with me. I just get anoyed by dual pricing and scams if i venture in the area's where tourists goes.

As a Thai (and Thai Chinese), I think opening up the entire playing field would be excellent.

Please explain in what way ? would like to see your point of view on this topic.

More capital and more competition in the market will weed out the weak and force the able to evolve. I don't believe in protectionism nor over-regulation of any market. True, that means we'd (as a family) acquire assets at a slower rate, but as per His Majesty's sufficiency economy theory, IMO we have enough: and the property that we already do own would benefit greatly from increased property values and likely rental income as well.

Who said I'm defending them? More just having a sarcastic shot at people who lump all Thai's together, like we are some homogenous bunch of scam artists and simpelton idiots....

Bit like calling all expat farangs loser sex tourists who can't make it in their own country. That comment goes down real nicely on a forum like Thai visa, cause it isn't true. Only 90% of them are :)

Just looked like it Samran, and i was suprised about it because you dont usually seem to act like that. Maybe my brain hasn't woken up yet and i did not catch the sarcasm.

I just get tired at times from the scams and restrictions here in this country. I usualy divide the Thais by 2 groups the ones living in tourist area's and scamming farang's and the normal Thais that i meet day to day.

About your comment on the farangs i must agree a lot of them i don't like at all. That is why i don't need to meet to many farangs because there are so many crazy ones. Still met my share of nice ones too. (but not in bars or tourist area's)

If you re-read my original post you'll see that I was reporting on what a Thai person said. I reported it as it was interesting to me to hear this perspective and thought it might be interesting to others

It appears that he is using the word deserved in the context of cause and effect.

Cause and effect like Karma factor? :)

I think the OP just want to give farang a happy time reading. It's so natural to me that posters on TV and holy Thai grass roots genuinely realise how farang money is so importance to the country existance and the family's buffalo herd. But never ask some red (brown) necks ie. the PAD (Of course I like them for opposing Thaksin) and not so few others. They are ready to shout that let foreigner buying land directly or indirectly is nothing than "Selling the Nation" or ขายชาติ or betray the motherland.

Certainly, like the Jews and Gypsies in WWII or the Tibetans today. They just got/get what they deserve because Heng has got his and as we all know his doo doo don't stink. Some people may want freedom or access to a decent education for their children, but hey, if the powers that be decide to give them squat, well that is what they deserve.

As usual, Johpa shows up to the broad generalization party with his rented firetruck and hose.

If you take say an individual case of Jewish or Gypsy family A that relocated to Argentina before the doo doo hit the fan (and there were plenty of signs of what was coming) and family B that chose to stay put, one may have survived -and prospered in comfort, as per the thousands of such family trees now firmly entrenched in Argentina- while the other did not. You're reading too much into the term 'deserve.' Merely what results from a series of choices. If one's children do not have access to a decent education or freedom, then what is one doing having children in such circumstances? Nevermind all of the choices (typically over generations) that typically result in one ending up in such circumstances.

IMO that's just human nature (incorrectly) trying to apply laws of nature: homeostasis and basic physics (each and every action...) to the human created (and hence porous) concept of philosophy. While any particular action will typically result in some kind of reaction, there's no physical law that would result in any particular action necessarily being 'good' or 'bad.'

haha, turn this into an audio tape series.

Edited by JohnGotti

haha, turn this into an audio tape series.

:) It's all statistics and probability, but I do concede that without the masses believing in such concepts (karma, what goes around comes around, etc.), it'd be much more difficult to live in this house on the hill. The world would also be quickly depleted of its resources.

As a Thai (and Thai Chinese), I think opening up the entire playing field would be excellent.

Please explain in what way ? would like to see your point of view on this topic.

More capital and more competition in the market will weed out the weak and force the able to evolve. I don't believe in protectionism nor over-regulation of any market. True, that means we'd (as a family) acquire assets at a slower rate, but as per His Majesty's sufficiency economy theory, IMO we have enough: and the property that we already do own would benefit greatly from increased property values and likely rental income as well.

I see that you mean,the rich should be richer and shame to the poor.

I may be idealistic, but i still believe that the first role of a gouvernent is to give to everyone (and i speak for the thai people)a chance to compet in a market and then the real weak will weed out the market.

And this is not the case in Thailand

As for doing business in thailand, it is difficult in the world anyway and as nothing to do with thailand.

Capitalism is a good principle but it must contain a certain amount of moral that governments are supposed to bring

the thing you guys need to keep in mind is how lucky you are that there are still places like Thailand. imagine what your middle aged lives would be like back home. a television set and five finger Mary? this is not fair, thats not fair. is it fair for all the young women born in isaan who are considering marrying your old arse? oh, hey, that's all good though... its only the stuff that negatively affects you that is not fair. the stuff that benefits you is fine and dandy... god wanted those isaan ladies to be poor. and god really does love YOU.

I may be idealistic, but i still believe that the first role of a gouvernent is to give to everyone (and i speak for the thai people)a chance to compet in a market and then the real weak will weed out the market.

As for doing business in thailand, it is difficult in the world anyway and as nothing to do with thailand.

Capitalism is a good principle but it must contain a certain amount of moral that governments are supposed to bring

Not exactly. The rich and the poor aren't on competing teams, although I understand that it is in the interests of some poor to suggest that it is (when you have no hope of competing in a race... your only hope then is to try to change the rules of the game... or perhaps try to topple the whole event).

Yes, that's idealistic. The gov't can no more control human nature than humanity can control nature. Everyone has a chance as it is, quite impossible to give everyone an equal chance. As any difference in ability, any advantage, when compounded over time inevitably amounts to the same type of 'insurmountable' lead. The less developed physically/class idiot will never surpass the class genius natural/athlete, no matter how 'fair' you try to make the tests, exams, and games.

the thing you guys need to keep in mind is how lucky you are that there are still places like Thailand. imagine what your middle aged lives would be like back home. a television set and five finger Mary? this is not fair, thats not fair. is it fair for all the young women born in isaan who are considering marrying your old arse? oh, hey, that's all good though... its only the stuff that negatively affects you that is not fair. the stuff that benefits you is fine and dandy... god wanted those isaan ladies to be poor. and god really does love YOU.

Although he is a University chick hunter, I say JohnGotti is a practical guy who talks of the fact of dollar and pud-Thai and don't try in vain to be saviour angle of the poor folks in this 3rd world country and replace the horrible Thai elite system with Farang perfect model management. I think he is not interested in ESA (Ex-pat Salvation Army) or the FSIP (Farangs Save Isaan Party). :)

Not exactly. The rich and the poor aren't on competing teams, although I understand that it is in the interests of some poor to suggest that it is (when you have no hope of competing in a race... your only hope then is to try to change the rules of the game... or perhaps try to topple the whole event).

Yes, that's idealistic. The gov't can no more control human nature than humanity can control nature. Everyone has a chance as it is, quite impossible to give everyone an equal chance. As any difference in ability, any advantage, when compounded over time inevitably amounts to the same type of 'insurmountable' lead. The less developed physically/class idiot will never surpass the class genius natural/athlete, no matter how 'fair' you try to make the tests, exams, and games.

Yes but what bother me is when the less developed physically/class idiot belonging to a rich family will ever surpass the class genius natural/athlete from a poor family.

And you can not blame the poor because they don't want to stay poor anymore.

So for you they have no hope !!! what a terrible way of thinking but it will explain a lot about

what happen in thailand.

Give them hope and some posibilities for the best of them to compet in the market and we will

see who are the week.

So if i understand well, you don't believe in protectionism but you believe in the superiority of certain races or social classes.

This remember me something.....

Yes but what bother me is when the less developed physically/class idiot belonging to a rich family will ever surpass the class genius natural/athlete from a poor family.

Why would that bother you? No different than a soccer team with a weak midfielder, or back in little league when you put the kid who couldn't hit but could throw and catch out in left field. He or she is still on the same team.

And you can not blame the poor because they don't want to stay poor anymore.

Identifying a causal relationship is not placing 'blame.'

So for you they have no hope !!! what a terrible way of thinking but it will explain a lot about

what happen in thailand.

No hope to achieve some things, but not hopeless in terms of achieving anything. He/she might have a low probability (and I should edit: not impossible) of graduating from Harvard Medical School, but might have a good shot of one day becoming a medical orderly after finishing from a local technical school. His son or daughter might have a slightly better chance at doing just a little better. And so forth...

So if i understand well, you don't believe in protectionism but you believe in the superiority of certain races or social classes.

This remember me something.....

Yes, in the same way that I don't believe that someone becomes a professional athlete or Olympian by accident. Some are just naturally faster, higher, stronger, etc.

Edited by Heng

farang teacher with no degree 40-50k baht a month

thai teacher with degree 12-15k (??) baht a month

Is that "FAIR"... ??

How many threads are there saying "I am a farang teacher and I am really really upset that Thai teachers make less than me"...

Shocker... its only when one perceives themselves to be disadvantaged do they care.

Of course, you could always go home but you would probably rather kill yourself... so just keep coming to TV to let off steam and complain... Feel better?

Just have a good look at the so called "Land redistribution Scheme" -

nobody of those who should prosper - will they either don't get the

land in the first place because they are so much in depth to the local

"Chief", "Don" name 'em as you wish....or they are going to "sub-lease"

to some scammer or more likely their names will appeear somewhere

but the titles will never ever be in their hand not ownership - redistribution

of beach land?

it's a scam!

and I don't know what good it would be if foreign companies hold large plot of

land to grow "their own paddy"..... :)

If they can buy it.... from the farmers.

Chiand bought/leased a major plot (1 Mill. sq.m.) in Madagascar...

the last place on earth with a very large Biodiversity... I can tell you

today how this place will look "tomorrow"!

I don;t think it's a goo idea - but still a foreigner married should have the right to own

some land of up to 4/5 rai... just enough to enable a family to sustain themselves.. why not?

Is that "FAIR"... ??

How many threads are there saying "I am a farang teacher and I am really really upset that Thai teachers make less than me"...

Shocker... its only when one perceives themselves to be disadvantaged do they care.

Of course, you could always go home but you would probably rather kill yourself... so just keep coming to TV to let off steam and complain... Feel better?

Quality of Farang degreee? Quality of Thai degree? if teching English then quality of spoken English?

Edited by yabaaaa

a mate of mine, whom I no longer have contact with. With a mere 4 years at High School in Australia under his belt, bought a Degree from the internet, from Florida in the USA, for the sum of $130.

He successfully used this to get a job as an English Teacher at a very large school in Nonthaburi.

Poor as piss. I have absolutely nothing but scorn to heap on these people.

So don't talk to me about the 'value' of degrees.

Is that "FAIR"... ??

Yes this thread is a good idea.

As falang living and working i thailand (and very happy about it) i did not feel either upper or lower than a thai as everywhere i lived before i just try to work harder and better than my competitors.

That a part of the point i was talking with heng but i don't have the feeling i made any complain about my life in thailand as i fell very lucky to be where i want to be and to be born farang also.

And when i want let off steam i have some better way to do that than in a forum :D

So with your permission (and even without) I think i will stay in thailand, Ok ? :D

Now i fell better :)

It always amazes me how easily daughters are sold

So where can I get one then?

Just stand on any street corner in Pattaya and shout "I'm buying - 30k baht a month, maybe a house next year and sin sot to your Mum 200k". On the other hand - better not cos you might get killed in the rush.

Non Thai citizens shouldnt be able to buy land here it'll just make it unaffordable for the majority of Thais.

But if you want to argue that someone with a wife, kids and a job here should get citizenship easier then i'd agree.

+ a massive 1

Both excellent points. The way I look at it, all the land and houses etc is for my kids anyway. As long as they end up with it all I couldn't care less.

Non Thai citizens shouldnt be able to buy land here it'll just make it unaffordable for the majority of Thais.

But if you want to argue that someone with a wife, kids and a job here should get citizenship easier then i'd agree.

+ a massive 1

Both excellent points. The way I look at it, all the land and houses etc is for my kids anyway. As long as they end up with it all I couldn't care less.

They could be sure they have a smart father who teaches them the western norms and values Mike!

Edited by Datsun240Z