Post Office Boxes

theoldgit

They are very easy to get. The problem will be if the PO has any boxes availble. The charge is B 500 per year. I got mine many years ago but I think you will only need your passport. Although there was a recent post that mentioned some other requirments.

They are very easy to get. The problem will be if the PO has any boxes availble. The charge is B 500 per year. I got mine many years ago but I think you will only need your passport. Although there was a recent post that mentioned some other requirments.

Yes , easy to get and 500baht per year, you need your passport and work permit, at my post office they were very strict on the work permit or retirement visa to be produced. You could get one with UPS or Fedex, but they are about 500bahts per month.

Yes , easy to get and 500baht per year, you need your passport and work permit, at my post office they were very strict on the work permit or retirement visa to be produced. You could get one with UPS or Fedex, but they are about 500bahts per month.

Also, MBE has post office boxes.........good company to work with.......you will need to show a passport only and the fee, well, I can't remember, but it will no doubt be the most expensive of your choices.

Indeed, 500 baht per year!

You need to prove your ID and your living address.

So take your passport, or even better, your Thai driving license with you.

And if you have a yellow house book, show it.

PS

If you can inspect the boxes before you start renting, try to find one without a lock, and ask for that one!

Then you are certain you don't get one already in use by someone else.

Let them install a lock from their own stock, and if possible, change the lock later with one you bought yourself.

Ver nasty thing to do, but thn you will be sure they will not give the key to someone else.

Edited by hansnl