How To Get Rid Of Highly Annoying Reverse Beeps Of Toyota Camry ?

I also can't stand the stupid beeping in our Altis. However, being "Fair and Balanced", I will admit the beeping had reminded my wife several times that she was in reverse possibly preventing a mishap.

She worried about that and argued against us buying an automatic for that reason, she having driven only manual shift vehicles. I told her no way would I subject myself to her (less than smooth) clutch operation! :)

Edited by Lopburi99

I also can't stand the stupid beeping in our Altis. However, being "Fair and Balanced", I will admit the beeping had reminded my wife several times that she was in reverse possibly preventing a mishap.

She worried about that and argued against us buying an automatic for that reason, she having driven only manual shift vehicles. I told her no way would I subject myself to her (less than smooth) clutch operation! :)

Somebody who is not aware of the gear switched in reverse should NOT drive a car at all !!!

The car in question is luckily not my car (would never buy a new style Toyota myself, also for that reason) but of a Thai friend who asked me for advise.

Somebody who is not aware of the gear switched in reverse should NOT drive a car at all !!!

The car in question is luckily not my car (would never buy a new style Toyota myself, also for that reason) but of a Thai friend who asked me for advise.

I think all cars should have them, how many times do you follow a car in Bangkok and it does NOT have a dent in the back?

I think the reverse beep is good for people around the car to know when you are reversing (pedestrians). Beeping inside the car is absolutely annoying, as another poster said if you don't know you're in reverse, you shouldn't be driving.

I think all cars should have some sort of 'beep override' like sports cars and traction-control override. I'm not even in Thailand now but just writing this I'm getting re-annoyed by all of the same Toyota beeping sounds in my head... maybe one longer beep is enough, anything beyond that is overkill or for morons IMO. Ever been in or around a Toyota when a Thai is trying to parallel park? Like fingernails on a chalkboard I tell you.

Try driving a Range Rover - holy christ, the amount of beeping is insane, beeps for everything - the car just beeps for fun I think to annoy the owner.

I think all cars should have them, how many times do you follow a car in Bangkok and it does NOT have a dent in the back?

Thats typically Thai way of solving problems :D the upsidedown way :D

Is it not about time the gov will open it's blurred mind and finally start paying some attention to that whole traffic problem here ? Or are the people here already been given up when it comes to education ??

Or are foreigners really 'the only problem'... :D

Take the fuse out for the reversing sensors?

Brigante7.

I think you will find that will also kill your reversing lights too. Why is it such an issue how much time do you spend with the car in reverse anyway?

We have to take the good with the bad, my case the silly beep is a blessing, save a child life, on the other hand I concur it is Annoying. If one wants to it would be fairly easy to disconnect it yourself, i.e., just find and remove the FUSE! :D:D:D keep in mind this at your on RISK!! :)

In the dark you can't clearly see the gear position so audio reminder that you are in R instead of D is not so bad, though annoying, I agree.

Why not disconnect the beeper itself?

Where to find that stupid thing ?

Beeps are for total dumbasses (same as backside mirrors on SUV's) so away with excuses, yes lot of da's on this roads, about 90%, but if those silly warnings can't be switched off for professional drivers it's a cheap crap car even when oversized Camry. (and it is indeed)

Beeps are for total dumbasses (same as backside mirrors on SUV's) /quote]

Just tell that to the families of kids who have been ran over in their driveway because they were in a blind spot.