Looking For "reliable" Maid - The Impossible Dream?

siamsoidog

Hi Board Members ...

I'm looking for a maid in the Soi Khao Talo area .. had two in the last 12 months, both 'OK' but both eventually left for 'family problems' - first one after 3 months, second one after 9.5 months.

Is it possible to find someone with a little 'loyalty' :D

Fairly large house but jobs a doddle really :)

Every 6-8 weeks, I get a professional cleaning company in to do all the windows and outside patio areas, have a gardener and someone already takes care of the pool under contract.

General house cleaning, Ironing (no kids - just the two of us), etc. No cooking, not live in. A little English is also good ...

I'm pretty fussy .... :D

Monday - Friday, 8.00 - 3.00pm (OK to leave early) if work is finished properly, occasional Saturday morning - maybe once every couple of months, 7,000 baht / month.

Anyone out there please know of a good, experienced (and reliable) maid?

Anyone have a good maid and is returning home / leaving for new shores?

Please reply initially to this thread

Thanks all - hope someone can help

Yes. Hire one from the Philippines.

In jest yes...but a farang would just be setting them up for some BIB extortion big-time if they did this. When I have placed ads for maids I always get replies from Filipinas but as they don't have the documentation to work, it would be illegal to hire them.

Best advice is to ask around the moobaan. Really, this is the job of the misses...why isn't she doing it? She can ask around to the other Thai ladies living there and also in the surrounding area...that's how most Thais find jobs, by word of mouth. Another alternative would be to place ads in the English language press but this is very hit and miss. Pattaya People newspaper used to offer a service for people looking for Thai staff of translating and posting your ad in "Thai" areas of town where the type of people you are trying to reach would see it. You could check with them to see if they still offer this service.

By the sounds of it, maybe your job is too plush...and maybe the loss of face was too much for your maids to bear when you bring in that cleaning company every month or so for a major cleaning. Makes them think they aren't doing a good job :)

Edited by MeetJohnDoe

As pointed out, you don't want a maid and a contract cleaner. Actually, without kids etc. I don't know why you need a maid and have no idea what she could possibly do every day for 7 or so hours.

However, what about asking in the bars on Khaotalo ? or get your Thai missus (presuming she is Thai) to do the cleaning or at least find someone to do it.

As pointed out, you don't want a maid and a contract cleaner. Actually, without kids etc. I don't know why you need a maid and have no idea what she could possibly do every day for 7 or so hours.

However, what about asking in the bars on Khaotalo ? or get your Thai missus (presuming she is Thai) to do the cleaning or at least find someone to do it.

Dinosaurs are making a comeback I see :)

Edited by SantiSuk