Live Rugby League

4 minutes ago, eezergood said:

Best option for NRL & Super league to watch at home pls?

I believe True carry the Sentanta channel, which has all the NRL games and a couple of Superleague games each week, but you probably need to pay extra for it.

SC

• Like 1

Warrington - Leeds to kick off on Thursday night should be great.

I hope Castleford (Cas - Saints is the other game on Setanta this weekend) can continue their entertaining rugby for another season and do well

Agreed[emoji106]
And I sincerely hope Wigan get their act together this season or maybe Shaun wane will be looking down the barrel of a gun!!

Here’s to the beginning of hopefully a super league rugby fest and the start of the 6 nations!!

Much supping and discussing to be done[emoji85]
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Genghis Khant said:

Agreedemoji106.png
And I sincerely hope Wigan get their act together this season or maybe Shaun wane will be looking down the barrel of a gun!!

Here’s to the beginning of hopefully a super league rugby fest and the start of the 6 nations!!

Much supping and discussing to be doneemoji85.png

Being from St.Helens I sincerely hope they dont! :)

• Like 1

what a treet for me,missing all the finals last yr.when I suffered a series of seizure's this morning 1am. leeds v cas last yrs.grand final. then leeds carried on where they left off,beating warrington 12-16.

more please. ok.cas.v saints in the morning.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, meatboy said:

pies and cider at the ready, FRI.MORN.9AM.thai time,2am.uk. STORM V RHINOS.

bed early SC.predictions ?

I'm hoping for a good tournament again this year.

I set the recorder for all the games.

I'm not sure how the British guys will get on in the Australian summer; I didn't see the Wigan Hull game yet.

I doubt we will make a clean sweep of it this year....

SC

3 minutes ago, eezergood said:

Rhinos should edge it? how do you watch ?

Astro carry the Setanta channel, so I'll watch at home.  

I've set the digital box to record all the games.

It's Chinese New Year weekend, but I'll be out cycling during the day

SC

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, eezergood said:

Rhinos should edge it? how do you watch ?

storm are a very good side,watched them rip the rabbitors apart this morn.3AM.

I have true package [family sports] 24hrs.of non stop rugby both league/union.

6 minutes ago, meatboy said:

storm are a very good side,watched them rip the rabbitors apart this morn.3AM.

I have true package [family sports] 24hrs.of non stop rugby both league/union.

I think if Rhinos can keep the game loose and unpredictable they'll do better.

In Superleague Ryan Hall can just run over anybody, but I don't think he'll manage that in Australia

SC

• 4 weeks later...

Are you sure if Setanta on True Visions have the NRL this year? No promos for it and their schedule doesn''t  have Thursday's first game of the season on it. Hope I'm wrong.

10 minutes ago, Ned said:

Are you sure if Setanta on True Visions have the NRL this year? No promos for it and their schedule doesn''t  have Thursday's first game of the season on it. Hope I'm wrong.

They don't have much left without that...

I rarely watch NRL, but they haven't replaced it with anything better - still only two Superleague games, and limited European rugby union.  No Six Nations, no HSBC Sevens... 

On 3/7/2018 at 9:02 PM, Ned said:

No sign of the NRL; that's pish, isn't it?

What have they got, if not the NRL? That's going to affect the subscriptions, and maybe whether True and Astro carry the channel, and then everybody loses, whether we watch the NRL or not.

• 1 month later...

I’m say in the OK Restoran (.”in” as in “in, but outside”’) listening to Warrington away to Toronto; it’s being played at the Halliwell Jones, for some reason. Ashton Sims and Gareth O Brien playing for Toronto, and Ben Thaler resets the scrum then awards a penalty; “Oi, Ben! Wrong game! Get it in, get it out, just like in Blackpool”

toronto have scored, and that’s not the best of starts for the Wolves v The Wolfpack

Edited by StreetCowboy

20 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

I’m say in the OK Restoran (.”in” as in “in, but outside”’) listening to Warrington away to Toronto; it’s being played at the Halliwell Jones, for some reason. Ashton Sims and Gareth O Brien playing for Toronto, and Ben Thaler resets the scrum then awards a penalty; “Oi, Ben! Wrong game! Get it in, get it out, just like in Blackpool”

toronto have scored, and that’s not the best of starts for the Wolves v The Wolfpack

Ashton Simms takes a breather voluntarily to calm down after Wire pull one back to make it TOR 8 - 6 WAR

Kevin Brown goes over, but James Child the video ref says “Uh-Oh” and shortly after Toronto kick a penalty to go to 10-6 ahead, and the crowd have gone slightly quiet, and a fight breaks out over a late tackle on Harvey Livett, and the touch judges are running in - I can’t believe they are joining in.

Toronto get their yellow card man back only to get Andrew Dickson sent off with a red card for boxing and it’s a spicy, simmering game and anything could happen in the next 40 minutes, after Josh Charnley has put the away side ahead at home if the conversion goes over and Bryson Goodwin gives Wire a scarcely deserved 12-10 lead

Edited by StreetCowboy

And Toronto are struggling after getting another man sin binned, so Warrington are playing against 10 men, and Ashton Sims is still talking to Ben Thaler.  TOR - 10 - 34 WAR and Toronto heads are dropping after such a good statrt

It's Magic Weekend in Newcastle, and Wigan are leading Warrington 16 - 10 at half time; but anything could happen in the next 40 minutes.  Including me going to bed....

... and Allan and Ray are discussing who will go for the food.  Ray brought the tea, so it should be Allan

Josh Charnley takes a high ball, and pats off Sam Tomkins, and Warrington are attacking again and TYRONE ROBERTS - OOWWWW!!! Ryan Atkins' tap on was never going to get to him

Edited by StreetCowboy

I don't know what to say....I'm still speechless at the Wire comeback.....really.

I'm reminded of the was it 2005 Challenge Cup final at Old Trafford?

I was there that day and left with 10 mins to go such was my abject misery.

On 5/26/2018 at 12:32 PM, RonniePickering22 said:

I don't know what to say....I'm still speechless at the Wire comeback.....really.

I'm reminded of the was it 2005 Challenge Cup final at Old Trafford?

I was there that day and left with 10 mins to go such was my abject misery.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I wanted to watch the recording first.  I expect Chris Hill will be getting into trouble for rubbing his forearm on Miloudi's teeth.

I've just finished watching the Toronto - Leigh game from the Summer Bash; a tremendous game, with drama right to the end, with Leigh's hopes of a quick return to Superleague severely dented.

I'm looking forward to Wire - Pie-eaters on Saturday for our third of five meetings this season, hoping for a better result than two weeks ago... 

• 1 month later...

I've been watching more Chamionship rugby, with the Toronto games showing on Setanta.  This evening I watched Featherstone make history by being the first team in two seasons to win away in Toronto, apparently.

And on Sunday - the Challenge Cup semi-finals.  Resurgent Catalans face League Leaders St Helens, while Warrington host struggling Leeds.

SC