Tuk Tuks Trying It On

womblejamie

or find a tuk tuk with a phone who likes repeat business, the price can even get cheaper that way

Better still (though this won't work for the majority of you guys who like ladies), there are a few cute gay tuk tuk drivers out there, get their numbers and you get reliable service plus two rides for the price of one :D Believe me, its true..........only in LOS! But a caution to our straight brethren, those lady tuk-tuk drivers, sorry but most of them are lesbians :D

With your advice in mind, I 'tried it on' with a TukTuk driver last night. I gave him a good tip, then as I got out I patted him on the back and said 'Chase me!!' as I ran down the street, but nothing happened!? Maybe they're not all gay after all. :)

Why farangs worry about what amounts to a dollar or less is beyond me. I could understand it for Thais making 200 baht a day, but not most farangs.

As I said at the start they demand 100 baht extra which is closer to three dollars ( I'm presuming you mean US$) and that isn't what bothers me, as they would probably get 50-100 baht tip as I am drunk. If they want 300 baht ask for it and I'll haggle or go to the next guy. Don't try and stop half way home almost in a threatening way as it stupid o'clock in the morning and dark.

Unlike you, I never tip a Tuk Tuk driver once the fare is negotiated.

I do agree with you though, i.e. they can haggle for as much as they can get before starting the journey, but stopping on the way and demanding more is outrageous.

I think at night I would bite the bullet and go home instead of back, because it wouldn't happen that often.