Turkish Airlines And Stopover In Istanbul

pavlo

The point is that am early bird on airport in Istanbul heading to Krung Thep - well am sure there is a lot of us - but walking around six and half hours in airport is not my kind of favored waste of time :D

So is there any one who has been useing his/hers time and founded maybe something how to spend that time on premises.

Eaten and drinking is not on option and with their prices - huh :)

Travelling in the end of August, thank you in advance :D

The point is that am early bird on airport in Istanbul heading to Krung Thep - well am sure there is a lot of us - but walking around six and half hours in airport is not my kind of favored waste of time :D

So is there any one who has been useing his/hers time and founded maybe something how to spend that time on premises.

Eaten and drinking is not on option and with their prices - huh :)

Travelling in the end of August, thank you in advance :D

I did it last August. Not a lot to do. The usual shops and eating places. You can always make yourself sick from stuffing free samples of Turkish Delight.

There is a Hotel with days rooms by the hour. I forget how much but it was a horrendous price.

• 7 months later...

I thought about doing a trip to Bangkok via Istanbul before and did a little research. Istanbul is if I remember correctly only twenty five minutes from the airport on a bus that doesn't cost that much. Even if you only get to walk about in Istanbul for a couple of hours I guess it is better than being in the airport. For anyone with a longer layover there are free tours for Turkish Airline passengers that last six hours, for details see their website.

Hope this helps.