How To Get A Body Into This ?

Vans

THis thread really isn't much abotu THailand, but since we have so many gym rats here, and in reading some of the posts, I have a question regarding the burn/hurting the next day.

I normally do related triplets, and while I don't go to failure, it is pretty close, and I do feel the burn and subsequent fatigue.  However, I never really hurt the next day.  Robblok showed me a 10 X 10 routine with only a minute rest between and I do that once a week and until failure on the 9th or 10th set.  With that, I do feel pain in my muscles the next day.

So with my normal routine, with only burn and fatigue, and I doing anything?  Is it only with the 10 X 10 that I am doing good?

For the record, I am happy with my chest and arm mass, although I would like a little more definition. I am actually now more interested in losing a couple inches off my gut, and I am only now working on better legs.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THis thread really isn't much abotu THailand, but since we have so many gym rats here, and in reading some of the posts, I have a question regarding the burn/hurting the next day.

I normally do related triplets, and while I don't go to failure, it is pretty close, and I do feel the burn and subsequent fatigue.  However, I never really hurt the next day.  Robblok showed me a 10 X 10 routine with only a minute rest between and I do that once a week and until failure on the 9th or 10th set.  With that, I do feel pain in my muscles the next day.

So with my normal routine, with only burn and fatigue, and I doing anything?  Is it only with the 10 X 10 that I am doing good?

For the record, I am happy with my chest and arm mass, although I would like a little more definition. I am actually now more interested in losing a couple inches off my gut, and I am only now working on better legs.

Pain in the muscles is not always a sign of a good workout, (though mentally i think it is). I have read you can get progress even without muscle pain the next day.

Im going for definition and nice abs too, the thing is you cant build muscle and at the same time burn fat. So i will be doing a lot of cardio to burn fat and still workout hard to keep my muscle. Im thinking of HITT on the spinningbike and steady cardio on my epileptical .

If you want bigger legs try squat or even deadlift. Last time i was in California Wow with you i saw that you could do squats there with free weights. I advise you to do them. If you want to do a leg session with me just let me know. Next month i will have a lot of time again.

just bought an Omron body fat monitor in lat plao. With that and a measuring tape and a fat caliper im going to measure my progress. The hardest part is to know if your program is paying off because you see yourself int he mirror every day you dont see the small changes. So you need stuff to help you with it.

Im not sure the Omron body fat monitor is a good device but they said they used new tables. Even though i weigh 104.4 kg with 180cm and got a bmi of 33. The machine said my fat percentage was 16% (between 10 and 20 is normal). They say the six pack becomes starts to look real good once you get at around 10%. So that is my next goal.

Loosing 6 kg in a couple of months. Should be do able.

I normally do related triplets, and while I don't go to failure, it is pretty close, and I do feel the burn and subsequent fatigue. However, I never really hurt the next day. Robblok showed me a 10 X 10 routine with only a minute rest between and I do that once a week and until failure on the 9th or 10th set. With that, I do feel pain in my muscles the next day.

So with my normal routine, with only burn and fatigue, and I doing anything? Is it only with the 10 X 10 that I am doing good?

More than likely it was just the changing of your routine, and the added workload that makes you sore. I definitely think soreness is a good sign. I would say keep it up for a few weeks, and I bet you that you stop getting sore from it.

What are you training with the 10X10? Legs?

• 5 weeks later...
Im going for definition and nice abs too, the thing is you cant build muscle and at the same time burn fat. So i will be doing a lot of cardio to burn fat and still workout hard to keep my muscle. Im thinking of HITT on the spinningbike and steady cardio on my epileptical .

Hi, I would like your take on this issue. I want to lose 8-10 kg (from 93 kg to 84 kg) over the next month and a half, which is doable imo. I've lost 4 kg in a week once in a Muay Thai camp. Some of that was probably water. I understand the diet part, eat less calories than you consume and so on, but I prefer to workout hard with tough cardio instead, so I dont have to watch what I eat so much. Today I almost passed out though from dehydration after 35 min on the threadmill. Cali Wow has a problem with their aircon.

The thing is, I dont want to burn muscle anymore than neccesary. While it's not possible to build muscle MASS while burning fat, isn't it possible to build muscle strenght?

I am not sure I totally believe this muscle or fat dogma. Like couldn't you do 2 days of hiit cardio every week (muay thai for example) and then on the other days focus on heavy lifts and a little cardio? Wouldn't that let the body with time enough to build muscle on those days (eat more) and still burn fat on the two cardio days (eat less)?

Ok, so what if I did a basic rippetoe starter strenght program with 3 days strenght and 2 days muay thai?

Once I hit my weight goal, could you recommend a program to stay at that weight and build muscle for symmetry with spending 1-1.5 hours in the gym daily? I put on weight fast, but also muscle. How much cardio should there be in such a program? Would 2 days muay thai be enough?

I normally do related triplets, and while I don't go to failure, it is pretty close, and I do feel the burn and subsequent fatigue. However, I never really hurt the next day. Robblok showed me a 10 X 10 routine with only a minute rest between and I do that once a week and until failure on the 9th or 10th set. With that, I do feel pain in my muscles the next day.

So with my normal routine, with only burn and fatigue, and I doing anything? Is it only with the 10 X 10 that I am doing good?

That's good. Pain is the real deal, meaning you damaged the tissue, allowing it to repair, thus increase in muscle. No pain, no gain. ( little )

Hi, I would like your take on this issue. I want to lose 8-10 kg (from 93 kg to 84 kg) over the next month and a half, which is doable imo. I've lost 4 kg in a week once in a Muay Thai camp. Some of that was probably water. I understand the diet part, eat less calories than you consume and so on, but I prefer to workout hard with tough cardio instead, so I dont have to watch what I eat so much. Today I almost passed out though from dehydration after 35 min on the threadmill. Cali Wow has a problem with their aircon.

The thing is, I dont want to burn muscle anymore than neccesary. While it's not possible to build muscle MASS while burning fat, isn't it possible to build muscle strenght?

I am not sure I totally believe this muscle or fat dogma. Like couldn't you do 2 days of hiit cardio every week (muay thai for example) and then on the other days focus on heavy lifts and a little cardio? Wouldn't that let the body with time enough to build muscle on those days (eat more) and still burn fat on the two cardio days (eat less)?

Ok, so what if I did a basic rippetoe starter strenght program with 3 days strenght and 2 days muay thai?

Once I hit my weight goal, could you recommend a program to stay at that weight and build muscle for symmetry with spending 1-1.5 hours in the gym daily? I put on weight fast, but also muscle. How much cardio should there be in such a program? Would 2 days muay thai be enough?

What I heared from the guy who owns a gym here called " American Style", the dude has won alot of bodybuilding competitions -> EAT A LOT, TRAIN A LOT. you have to eat to gain, while gaining, training comprehence it to muscle. Hard labour people ( metal work etc ) have to eat alot to, and have great strength with that. Remember the strongest man competitions, they don't look ripped, but got immense strength and muscle, under that little layer fat. ( not all )

Edit: Doing cardio ( especially spinning ) will increase your heart pumping capacity, you will breath easier, feel more active and have more strength, a + in strength training. You will see most bodybuilder guys have condition of nothing, but just strength.

Edited by Datsun240Z

An insulting post has been deleted.

This thread is being moved to the Health forum since it appears to be more fitness and health related

//MOVED//

sbk, you should give people a chance to get back at insulting posts before deleting them! It's like a teacher breaking up a schoolyard fight when only one kid has gotten a shot in :)

Edit: Doing cardio ( especially spinning ) will increase your heart pumping capacity, you will breath easier, feel more active and have more strength, a + in strength training. You will see most bodybuilder guys have condition of nothing, but just strength.

I dont agree, real bodybuilders will do cardio too combined with a good diet to get ripped. So they do have a condition too, they are usually all round. But sure if you compare them to lance armstrong then they have no stamina.

This thread is being moved to the Health forum since it appears to be more fitness and health related

//MOVED//

sbk, you should give people a chance to get back at insulting posts before deleting them! It's like a teacher breaking up a schoolyard fight when only one kid has gotten a shot in :)

Then it will surely and very quickly deteriorate in a steroid fuelled flame fest!! :D

Some good info on this thread; let's keep it informative...

//MOVED//

Then it will surely and very quickly deteriorate in a steroid fuelled flame fest!! :D

Some good info on this thread; let's keep it informative...

Steriod fuelled :D i doubt there are many steriod users on Thai visa if you look at the demografics. And roid rage is over rated :D