Electricity Account

Sparkles

Received our monthly electrity bill today, 747.47 baht nothing wrong with that but the total rang a bell. On checking last months paid bill it was also 747.47 baht. Will next months bill be the same total too ? Very strange its either an amazing coincidence or a stuff up at their end. Anyone else had this experience.

I wish the 747.47 was my bill..

My bill is always at least 4,500 baht :)

I think the bill collector didn't read your meter last month, hence the same amount. When they read your meter again, it should be okay :D

Edited by Ajarn

I think the bill collector didn't read your meter last month, hence the same amount. When they read your meter again, it should be okay :D

How old are your air-con units?

Of the three, all are at least 3 years old. My high bills come from my pool pump and two feeder pumps for my waterfalls, and my air-cons

Of the three, all are at least 3 years old. My high bills come from my pool pump and two feeder pumps for my waterfalls, and my air-cons

Install some ceiling fans. You should be able to save Bt1800-2000/mth during Nov to Feb.

Install some ceiling fans. You should be able to save Bt1800-2000/mth during Nov to Feb.

In my 25 years of living here, I have always enjoyed my air-cons :D

OP, it has to be a stuff up, couldnt get that close two months running if you tried.

I hate to brag....okay, I dont hate to brag, but my new aircon system runs every day for about 12 hours (during the night) and it uses about 2 units of electiricy per day. :) Cheap as chips.

OP, it has to be a stuff up, couldnt get that close two months running if you tried.

I hate to brag....okay, I dont hate to brag, but my new aircon system runs every day for about 12 hours (during the night) and it uses about 2 units of electiricy per day. :D Cheap as chips.

do you just have the fan running thou, and not the compressor?

whats up with that? either the meter is faulty or yr tapping into some free power!!

2 units is 2000 watts divided by 12 hours = 166.66 watt aircon unit just more than a incandesant light bulb, from memory, most air cons use about 500 to over 1000 watts per hour!

if you do have an air con that uses 2 units daily running 12 hours/day, i would like to buy one :)

Received our monthly electrity bill today, 747.47 baht nothing wrong with that but the total rang a bell. On checking last months paid bill it was also 747.47 baht. Will next months bill be the same total too ? Very strange its either an amazing coincidence or a stuff up at their end. Anyone else had this experience.

Our bills are always exactly the same each month also 1,203.89 baht hasn't changed in 6 months even the same when we were overseas for 5 weeks can't argue with them because they are always right.

Our bills are always exactly the same each month also 1,203.89 baht hasn't changed in 6 months even the same when we were overseas for 5 weeks can't argue with them because they are always right.

thats seems odd to me ~ why would it remain the same even while you arent there for 5 weeks?

perhaps the power co is reading the wrong meter, ie one for street lighting in the moo ban perhaps?

when was yr meter read last?

Christ, they must be Niagara-esque :D

Do you have aircon cleaned regularly though? Can make a huge difference if there's dust smeared all over the coils. ie - compressors running too long due to inefficient heat exchange. If you run them flat out anyway (like set to 15 degrees) it wouldn't make any difference of course :)

Christ, they must be Niagara-esque :D

Do you have aircon cleaned regularly though? Can make a huge difference if there's dust smeared all over the coils. ie - compressors running too long due to inefficient heat exchange. If you run them flat out anyway (like set to 15 degrees) it wouldn't make any difference of course :)

@4500 bt im picturing something like the one at Khao Mao Khao Fung :D

Edited by Donnyboy

Ours is the same every month too, even though we've cut consumption by not running irrigation pump in the rainy season. I don't think they are reading the meter, just taking a shortcut. It's not worth the grief to deal with it, I just pay the 1108.08; could be worse. don