Total Solar Eclipse

whatchamacallit

Total Solar Eclipse tomorrow, Wedneday July 22nd - sometimes between 10:00am - 2:00pm. The longest total eclipse in more than 100 years - most of you will not get to see one this complete and this long again in this life time again. Don't look directly at the sun, even with sun glasses - You'll turn into a wolf :)

Can anyone recomend a good viewing place in Pattaya Jomtien area ???

Acordig to this site the times are a little different

www.zonesociety.com/zoneeng/article.php?id=3451

National Astronomical Research Institute of Thailand (NARIT) explained that the natural phenomenon will occur from 7:00 AM through 9:30 AM. Countries and areas where a full eclipse can be seen are India, China, Japan and the South Pacific.

A total solar eclipse cannot be observed within entire Thailand, and the time it begins varies depending from where it is observed. The chart below shows the start time and percentage of eclipse based on your region.

some astrological aspects for your entertainment.

Get ready for drama! A total eclipse of the Sun will occur in the sign of Cancer on July 21-22. Although this eclipse will only be visible in northern India, eastern Nepal, northern Bangladesh, Bhutan, the northern tip of Myanmar, central China and the Pacific Ocean, this is the longest total solar eclipse that will occur in the twenty-first century. This total eclipse will last for up to 6 minutes and 39 seconds; will not be surpassed in duration again until June 13, 2132!

A Solar eclipse occurs when the Moon is exactly between the Sun and the Earth, blocking the solar rays from reaching us. From ancient times to the modern-day world, solar eclipses have heralded spectacular events and drama! This eclipse occurs in the last degree of Cancer -- and brings all the Cancerian energies of home, family, nurturing, caring, maternal instincts, emotions and sensitivity into focus.

Eclipses always occur in pairs. While a lunar eclipse brings the past into the present to see what works, a solar eclipse brings the future to present and triggers new potentials. Since Cancer rules family, home and vocation these areas will take center stage during this eclipse.

What does the eclipse mean for you? Since this eclipse occurs in the sign of Cancer, its impact will feel different depending on which House Cancer is positioned in your birth chart. Where the eclipse falls in the chart is significant, as the energies expressed by its house placement will show the areas of life that are affected by the new beginning that is implied.

If your Sun sign or Ascendant is Cancer, almost every part of your life will be affected. If Cancer is in your First or Seventh House, you will focus on yourself, your marriage or your relationship. If it is situated in the Second or Eight House, your earnings or joint finances will be impacted. If it is the Third or Ninth House, travel or educational pursuits are highlighted. In the Fourth or Tenth House, home and career will be front and center. Eclipses in the Fifth or Eleventh House put the spotlight on self-expression, children, groups and organizations. Finally, eclipses in the Sixth or Twelfth House put the focus on health, work and service. Wisdom holds that events that are triggered by an eclipse usually take six months to unfold, so you can expect this process of change to continue. The opportunity to break old patterns will present themselves as you make changes.

Does anyone still believe in this?

I personally don't belive in this. Just got this into my mail account and thought to share it.

Thailand is overwhelmed with superstition, so are many other nationalities.

Even there is some truth to it, it's hard to filter that out.

Remember Christ's birthplace was guided by a comet visible to the wise men. Truth or fiction? We all may find out some day.

Edited by elcent

NOT a total eclipse,

I Guess you know more than NASA??? :)http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEmono/TSE2009/TSE2009.html

Not a total eclipse viewable in Thailand I believe he is saying. :D

You can scroll down and select the city you are in, including Thailand, and see an animation of the coverage you can expect in your location.

2009 Eclipse path

I see.... My apology... what can I say, I'm a blonde :D

Total Solar Eclipse tomorrow, Wedneday July 22nd - sometimes between 10:00am - 2:00pm. The longest total eclipse in more than 100 years - most of you will not get to see one this complete and this long again in this life time again. Don't look directly at the sun, even with sun glasses - You'll turn into a wolf :)

TIME IS WRONG TRY BETWEEN 07.00 AND09.00 PARTIAL ECLIPSE UNLESS YOU GO TO CHINA

TIME IS WRONG TRY BETWEEN 07.00 AND09.00 PARTIAL ECLIPSE UNLESS YOU GO TO CHINA

About 42% maximum obscuration in Bangkok.

There's a 57% eclipse coming on January 15, 2010 and it will last longer. From 14:00 - 17:00.

That should be better to watch due to it occuring closer to noon and in the dry season.

There's an early morning 42% exclipse on March 9, 2016 and a long 57% one on December 26, 2019 lasting 4 hours around midday.

To see anything better than these you'll have to wait until May 21, 2031 (68%), and that's right in the middle of the rainy season so don't count on it.

So there will be a few more opportunities before most of us die.

Some trivia for location Bangkok:

There were no eclipses between 1969 and 1980.

There was almost a 10 year gap from 1998 until 2007, but 5 from now until 2019.

The last total eclipse (100% obscuration with no sun ring) was on June 20, 1955 and there will be none this century. The closest will be a 96.65% eclipse on April 11, 2070

Missed it in Saigon as well.

But there were certainly aftereffects - very heavy rain that flooded my hotel room because the windo frame was leaking. Windows were closed.

Evidently the water problem lasted all day, 'cos my beer in the evening was very weak.