Urgent, Need To Rent Hospital Equipment In Cm

jaideeguy

My 90 yr old father just suffered a broken hip and needs 6+ weeks of bed ridden recovery and buying all the hospital equipment would cost a fortune. Surely there must be a place in CM that rents these high cost items.....

does any one know of such a place??

or at least 2nd hand equipment??

urgent!!

Get yourself along to Pharmachoice and buy a bed @ 13k and a wheelchair @ 3k

Treat it as an investment and you won't feel so bad.

And if you don't need it after his happy recovery, you could donate it to someone less fortunate.

Ally

Friends of mine recently opened a health centre for disabled people in Chiang Mai. Kevin, the owner, is a top bloke and his wife is a nurse trainer in Australia.

http://www.dureahealthcenter.com/home.php

The Op might consider a 6-week stay here for his father while he recovers.

probably a lot more expensive than buying the hospital equipment but they might do a deal for a 6-week stay.

Edited by Loaded

My 90 yr old father just suffered a broken hip and needs 6+ weeks of bed ridden recovery and buying all the hospital equipment would cost a fortune. Surely there must be a place in CM that rents these high cost items.....

does any one know of such a place??

or at least 2nd hand equipment??

urgent!!

There is a large pharmacy/equipment shop across the street from Suan DokHospital (on the south side), just about where the pedistrian signal is at the Thai Commercial Bank (north side of the street) which is on the Suan Dok grounds. They seem to have everything and may know of people wanting to sell equipment they no longer need.

In the mean time, I know someone who had a hospital bed and wheel chair they no longer need. I will see if they still have it and how much they would want for them. If they do have either or both, I will send a pm later today. No PM, no stuff.

We got lucky!!!

The dr's recomendation was 4-6 wks in [hospital] bed to let his small fracture on his pelvic bone heal. After hearing this from his dr in Thepania [ram2] hospital, I went to a small shop near the hospital that sells surgical supplies and the owner/manager was in and spoke some English and he redily agreed to renting us a hand cranked bed + adjustible air matress + an under bed table for only 3,000 thb/mo, including delivery. I had asked the dr's and nurses about renting and they all said 'no can do'.........but I did!!

Funny how unaware Thais can be of their own surroundings and professions.....this shop was just a half block away from the hospital

3,000 thb is based on 10% of cost of unit and may be a new venture for this shop owner, who seemed to be an accomodating guy and good business man, recognizing the need for rental business in CM.

If anyone else has need for such services, send me a PM and I will share contact details. I've heard that the standard practice here is to purchase the equipment, then sell it [if you can].

In the future, we may need a hospital bed on a permenant basis, as my

90 yr old Pop ain't getting any younger and his health is failing and if anyone has used equipment, then please contact me by PM.

Thanks all for tips......

Forget my last recomendation for that hospital supply shop that rents equipment etc. They let me [and my ailing 90 yr old father down terribly. We had agreed by handshake and I even offered to leave a deposit to show my sincerity and they were to deliver the bed, table and mattress at 10am. They gave me a call at 9:30, saying that someone had died on the bed by some terrible virus and they couldn't rent it........TOTAL BULL SH#T, as the owner/manager told me yesterday that the bed was in the storeroom and it was new. It seems that they just changed their minds and decided not to rent at the last minute.

So, I retract my recomendation for that company...."MBD surgical supply"...don't trust them!!

I hope that there is the 'businesses to avoid' thread still on TV, as I will post on there.

After receiving the BS call, I had to go to plan B and rushed down to Pharma Choice main wharehouse on the Bo sang road and got a good discount on the same equipment for my ailing 90 yr old father with a broken hip.

I don't know if you need to be a Thai city resident, but the ex Lady Mayor has a scheme to rent equipment for the poor. You can try contacting the municipal hospital because they offer home care docs and nurses and rental equipment to municipal residents who are poor - but I don't know details sorry. And who knows, with no mayor in charge maybe the schme is scrapped?

• 2 months later...

Why don't you buy adjustable bed? It will definitely help your father to recover quickly. I had purchased adjustable motorized bed for mother in law; she was suffering from back pain. Doctors suggested me to use homecare bed. This electric bed can be operated by remote control to adjust height and bed positions for back and leg rest. Motorized-beds in India offer such wide range of beds at very low cost.

You may order your relevant bed through its website.