New Restaurant On Thappraya Road In Jomtien

whatchamacallit

Anyone been there yet? Opinion?

There is a new burger dive opening down the road near the Continental, it is just a shophouse shell now, JJ Burger, it looks like a Thai operation but if they can actually offer good burgers in that location they wouldn't need to charge so much and could mint money. I can't believe this hasn't been done yet here. Yes, it has to taste better than a fast food burger...

Went to JJ Burger today (it is a Thai operation). Checked out the menu, decided to bypass the sushi offerings (?!??), etc. and order the double cheeseburger. Waited. Waited. Kept waiting. A large, single cheeseburger arrives; it is gray and sits on a fresh hamburger roll w/lettuce, tomato, onion and mayo. The fifteen or so small fries are limp, unappealing and as tastless as the burger proved to be. 145 baht... Hasta la vista y buena suerte, JJ- Gotta keep looking...

Edited by Michaelaway

Went to JJ Burger today (it is a Thai operation).

Yeah, sadly even the menu pictures don't look appetizing. Thanks for confirming the sad news. Why is this so hard?

Funky beef...

Some of the Thai French stuff here isn't that bad and a good chef can work wonders even with cheap ingredients. You don't need the highest grade cuts to make a good hamburger but you do need something half decent and most of the local places aren't even trying.

Edited by Jingthing

• 2 weeks later...

I've just about given up on finding a good burger here (until I get off my a$$ and get over to Cafe Uno on the darkside, as recommended). Did find a place to get good beef to make your own, though. Go to Central market (basement of the Central Festival mall), and they have in their meat case minced trimmings from the Australian beef cuts they sell. This made a much better burger than the local stuff I bought before - not so watery or off-tasting. Just be aware this meat has a low fat content, so cook accordingly. Hope this isn't too off-topic.

• 3 months later...