Police Fine For Expired Raod Tax

laoshi

How much do you have to pay at the police station if they caught you driving your car with a 6 days expired road tax? In my case, they gave me a paper (which is all in Thai) and took my license. Please help and thanks. :)

They should of told you which Police Station to pay at, you have to go to the correct one to get your licence back.

It should be the head station to the location near where you were fined.

Its easy, go there with the cash, line up, they take ur ticket and then you sit down and wait to be called, at which time you pay your fine and get your licence back. No big deal, ive done it 3 times in the last 20 years :)

They should of told you which Police Station to pay at, you have to go to the correct one to get your licence back.

It should be the head station to the location near where you were fined.

Its easy, go there with the cash, line up, they take ur ticket and then you sit down and wait to be called, at which time you pay your fine and get your licence back. No big deal, ive done it 3 times in the last 20 years :)

Oh, that's not so bad. So how much did you pay for the fine? :D

Well, Ive never done that, drive without road tax, so ive got no idea what you are up for.

Most of the fines have a PRICE RANGE, for example, if you ride a bike without a helmet, I think the fine range these days is between 400-1000 baht. The fines sergeant will apply the right amount to YOUR fine based on his mood, whether he got a hit the night before, your nationality & race etc etc.

There will be a board at the Police STation in thai telling you what you are up for. You should take a thai speaker with you, makes the first time alot easier, especially if you are in a non tourist area of Thailand.

You are a very naughty boy! :) Don't sweat it, they just want the MONEY!

Well, Ive never done that, drive without road tax, so ive got no idea what you are up for.

Most of the fines have a PRICE RANGE, for example, if you ride a bike without a helmet, I think the fine range these days is between 400-1000 baht. The fines sergeant will apply the right amount to YOUR fine based on his mood, whether he got a hit the night before, your nationality & race etc etc.

There will be a board at the Police STation in thai telling you what you are up for. You should take a thai speaker with you, makes the first time alot easier, especially if you are in a non tourist area of Thailand.

You are a very naughty boy! :) Don't sweat it, they just want the MONEY!

Darn police! Oh well, I hope I can get my license on the spot tomorrow because I need it to renew my road tax. It expired 6 days ago! Dang!

Happened to me several years ago in a downtown Chon Buri spot check. Turned a corner and must have been 20 BIB checking cars out. They were polite, took my license and told me where to go to pay the fine. 400 Baht at the station.

Happened to me several years ago in a downtown Chon Buri spot check. Turned a corner and must have been 20 BIB checking cars out. They were polite, took my license and told me where to go to pay the fine. 400 Baht at the station.

Tywais, at least they are polite. For me, he put on his fierce face and without saying anything but mumbled, he gestured he wanted my license and not a single word after that, even after handing me the paper. And it's all in freaking Thai! Thanks for giving me an idea. Appreciate it.

Tywais, at least they are polite. For me, he put on his fierce face and without saying anything but mumbled, he gestured he wanted my license and not a single word after that, even after handing me the paper. And it's all in freaking Thai! Thanks for giving me an idea. Appreciate it.

Of course its gonna be in "freaking Thai"! It's the native language. One thing a person needs to pay attention to when living here, keep an eye on renewal dates and try to make a point of renewing on time, then, there's no probs!

Of course its gonna be in "freaking Thai"! It's the native language. One thing a person needs to pay attention to when living here, keep an eye on renewal dates and try to make a point of renewing on time, then, there's no probs!

LOL You make it sound so easy

My wife was on her way to pick up the new registration for her car. It was expired by one day. She was stopped at a check point and despite her wailing and gnashing of teeth, it still cost her 300 baht.

How much do you have to pay at the police station if they caught you driving your car with a 6 days expired road tax? In my case, they gave me a paper (which is all in Thai) and took my license. Please help and thanks. :)

I got stopped and my Road Tax was 5 months out! He gave me a ticket and it was 200 bt. However, when you do renew your tax, there is a levy for lateness. Mine was about 650 bt for 5 months. Hope this helps.

The company car I'm driving is expired by a month...the police pointed this out to me...twice! So far have not been asked to pay, I told them "lot borisat", which means company car; so far it seems to have worked.

"Took my license...." which is exactly the reason I keep an expired U.S. AAA IDP up on the visor of my two older vehicles, these to hand out if/when stopped. And, yes, I do have a current IDP in my bag, but there's only been one traffic cop in the last 20 years who's notice that the one I handed over was expired.

Last time this occurred was last month on a run up to Nong Khai, but in the area between Korat and Pimai, driving in the passing lane too long. Hard to argue that one. Handed over the expired IDP, turned out to be one from 2001, which he kept. We we on to NK and then on up to the PDJ and Sam Nuea. back to the local Thai police station in about a week, walked in, waved the ticket, was handed my IDP and the receipt for baht 200. Painless.

Mac