The Most Sussed Bkk Post Poll Ever

Insight

BKK Post Poll One Vote Per Person Version  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here's a few previous polls to get the picture:

Should the US change its N Korea stance as requested, so the six-party talks can resume? (yawn) 1,418 votes

Should the UDD be allowed to celebrate Thaksin’s birthday in Sanam Luang? 3,312 votes

Do you back the UDD idea to collect signatures to support a petition for a Thaksin royal pardon? 7,815 votes

Now....

Should the PM stop the petition drive for Thaksin’s pardon? 106,013 votes!!!

Wonder what results are achieved when people are only allowed to vote once?

Let's find out... :)

As with any other ballot, when no acceptable option is shown I have chosen to spoil my vote.

No apathy here just a lack of options.

A full pardon in 5-10 years, why not?

Would be bad news if he returned tomorrow.

Edited by smokie36

What a loaded question.

If I vote no then it might appear as though I want to see Thaksin pardoned, which isn't the case.

What a load of crap. The question is perfectly understandable and most THAI people seem to want a pardon.

Let the majority speak....and rule.

What a loaded question.

If I vote no then it might appear as though I want to see Thaksin pardoned, which isn't the case.

What a load of crap. The question is perfectly understandable and most THAI people seem to want a pardon.

Whether most "THAI" people want it or not is irrelevant and inconsequential - the power to pardon lies with one man.

What a loaded question.

A load of crap?

I would not want a petition to be stopped, it's hardly democratic to do so is it? However I would not want to see the criminal get off Scott free.

Most Thai people want him pardoned?.... You think that an English language newspaper is an accurate representation of the Thai people? How many those are not Thai?

If the question was whether or not people want Thaksin pardoned, then why did they not ask just that?

-------------------------------------------------------

Although I now have a cunning plan:

Pardon the slimy git so that he comes back, and when he does nab him on the other charges that he hasn't actually been tried for yet. Then we may see his square head in prison where he belongs.

85% want the petition to continue to gather votes. :)

Are you serious?Are you referring to Chiang Mai area or the entire country?

Anyway it seems to me that we'll have troubles if he comes back,and the same if he doesn't..

I would not want a petition to be stopped, it's hardly democratic to do so is it? However I would not want to see the criminal get off Scott free.

Most Thai people want him pardoned?.... You think that an English language newspaper is an accurate representation of the Thai people? How many those are not Thai?

If the question was whether or not people want Thaksin pardoned, then why did they not ask just that ?

Because the question they asked was far more important.

All petitions, will be to some individuals, both controversial and unwelcome, to others, just and deserved. So the question then becomes:

Should the Prime Minister be allowed to stop a petition to His Majesty the King by his subjects ?

Whatever the outcome of a petition is not the issue, it's the fundamental principle that is questioned, especially when the issue is something that the individual finds controversal and unwelcome.

You understood the question. I wonder, how many others didn't....

Here's a few previous polls to get the picture:

Should the US change its N Korea stance as requested, so the six-party talks can resume? (yawn) 1,418 votes

Should the UDD be allowed to celebrate Thaksin's birthday in Sanam Luang? 3,312 votes

Do you back the UDD idea to collect signatures to support a petition for a Thaksin royal pardon? 7,815 votes

Now....

Should the PM stop the petition drive for Thaksin's pardon? 106,013 votes!!!

Wonder what results are achieved when people are only allowed to vote once?

Let's find out... :D

Like the Nation, the Bangkok Post is a diminished propaganda outlet. Don't believe it :)

It's quite easy with online polls like this to create programs that will vote thousands and thousands of times for you. If you notice, you can vote over and over and over again in this poll. It's being manipulated by Toxinists using bots.

What a loaded question.

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what is least known."

D. A. Battista

:)

I find it odd that the people that accuse Thaksin of repressing freedom of speech and the like want the petition stopped. Big deal so there is a petition. Is it really that scary if people express their views in a quite polite manner?

Only the head of state can issue a pardon and I think he is quite capable of deciding the issue. What are people afraid of? If Thaksin is that reviled, the petition will fail. However, if Thaksin has support, then the number that sign might scare alot of people, wouldn't it.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe a fun way to win a few baht, but I can attest that carpal tunnel syndrome is no joking matter. Seriously guys change your work system, break for a few minutes to be on the safe side.

I would have thought that rigging a poll so as it looks realistic would be more beneficial to the paymaster. This ones results just look like a joke. Yet another loss of credibility....

I notice that the anti democracy pro Thaksin crew are absent at busy poll times like these. Perhaps busy?

:D Thaivisa's Poll is working PERFECT...not

Yes: 33 = 50%

No : 33 = 50%

Votes 76....

edit: sorry...it changed to 73 :D

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Votes 76....

LaoPo

Sorry LaoPo I was referring to the BP poll that the thread was adressing. Does anyone here seriously think that 92% actually support the runaway fugitives demand for a whitewash of crimes, and only 8% support the dignity of the higher institution and rule of law.

Doubtful in the extreme.

Votes 76....

LaoPo

Sorry LaoPo I was referring to the BP poll that the thread was adressing. Does anyone here seriously think that 92% actually support the runaway fugitives demand for a whitewash of crimes, and only 8% support the dignity of the higher institution and rule of law.

Doubtful in the extreme.

That's not the question though is it? The actual question is: "Should the PM stop the petition drive for Thaksin’s pardon?".

Personally I don't think that the PM should stop it as it would be oppressing freedom of speech, I would still like to see Thaksin put behind bars though.

Another marvellous piece of confusing/misleading journalism from the BP.

Having said that though, those poll results still seem very skewed regardless.

Edited by Moonrakers

Doubtful in the extreme.

The question is not whether the demands should be granted but who the petition should be heard by. IF the petition is not illegal in itself then you could argue that 92 % are supporting the dignity of the higher institution and saying that it is not the place of the PM to stop it.