The Stock Market

This is a tough one. By most metrics the market is about done here. Maybe 2%-3% more upside, but if so greater downside to follow. That aside, it could power up slowly for another year (which I doubt). If that happens it will be a 3 year bear market afterwards IMHO.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2011 Starts With A Bang: $4.2 Billion In OUTFLOWS From Domestic Equity Funds

114 Times More Insider Selling Than Buying In First Week Of 2011 :o

wouldnt go near equity funds as they dont manage them properly

had some before and they seem to set and forget

no wonder people dump them

Seems you forget - as individuals - you will always sell your winners in the first week of the year - and your loosers (what loosers ?) no later than last month of the year.

But - you have something to smile about - within the next 3 days - temporarily ofcourse.

Edited by Parvis

Seems you forget - as individuals - you will always sell your winners in the first week of the year - and your loosers (what loosers ?) no later than last month of the year.

But - you have something to smile about - within the next 3 days - temporarily ofcourse.

I am sure even as some of Bernie Madoff's investors must have raised questions

from time to time he would have had what sounded like a plausible answer every time B)

And i can never smile about this charade knowing the long term damage that will be inflicted

on the next generation. :bah:

midas

Vote #1 - as American Citizen I prefer leveraging rather than deleveraging - modest inflation rather than ANY deflation ANY TIME.

You now have what you wanted ......sorry its not going to be so modest though :(

"And i can never smile about this charade knowing the long term damage that will be inflicted

on the next generation. :bah: "

Midas your not a winner, tis why the Midas clan will be poorer next generation. doesn't matter what happens from here. the second biggest rally in History and you missed it, even sillier talked it down :lol:

So now your calling a pullback next generation?, suppose you will get it right sooner or later, shame you wont be around BWHAHAHA.

Midas

Your illogical ramblings on are reminiscent of those of a certain young man in Tucson recently.

Like him - you just want to be heard - like him - you need help.

Unlike him - GET IT.

Edited by Parvis

Midas

Your illogical ramblings on are reminiscent of those of a certain young man in Tucson recently.

Unlike him - GET IT.

is that the best you can do Khun Parvis - the illustrious oscillation follower :lol:

I have found the perfect stock!

ARV

gold

silver

copper

uranium

REE

What is the full company name and SET symbol as I cannot find them listed?

: ARV - ARTEMIS RESOURCES LIMITED

sorry should have mentioned its an ASX symbol

from time to time he would have had what sounded like a plausible answer every time B)

And i can never smile about this charade knowing the long term damage that will be inflicted

Midas, I doubt you will learn very much by looking at what the 'crowd' is doing (apart from doing diametrically the opposite.) When 'everyone' was buying internet stocks it was not the time to buy but to sell. Rather than ask who is 'buying' the shares they are 'selling' you might want to ask yourself what they are buying with their proceeds. The answer is bonds (which at the UST level are the least attractive they have ever been (I suspect) and relative to stocks (adjusted for div payout) were as expensive as they had been until the last war. They have not only lost out on the rise in equities but also be slaughtered in bonds (simply by buying a grossly overpriced asset that is 'openly and deliberatedly' manipulated by the Fed. But as their manipulation (QE2 is not hidden) clearly that is not a conspiracy.

"The market has gone for 92 days without closing below its 50-day average, which has been matched only 17 other times since 1928... The market has not closed below the 10 day moving average once during the past 30 days - this has never happened in 82 years."

- Sentiment Trader

"The market has gone for 92 days without closing below its 50-day average, which has been matched only 17 other times since 1928... The market has not closed below the 10 day moving average once during the past 30 days - this has never happened in 82 years."

- Sentiment Trader

lanna interesting statistic. What do you make of it?

- Sentiment Trader

lanna interesting statistic. What do you make of it?

Well, I make of it that the Fed gets what the Fed wants. If I was an investor I wouldn't see it as a reason to pull all of my funds out of the market. If I was a trader i would expect that this high bullish sentiment marked by this statistic and others like Put/Call ratios will get worked off a bit, either by a sideways consolidation or by a SPX Index price retracement. Depending on the depth of the retracement (should it even occur) then one could assess, probabilistically, if any further future price weakness might be on tap.

Midas, I doubt you will learn very much by looking at what the 'crowd' is doing (apart from doing diametrically the opposite.) When 'everyone' was buying internet stocks it was not the time to buy but to sell. Rather than ask who is 'buying' the shares they are 'selling' you might want to ask yourself what they are buying with their proceeds. The answer is bonds (which at the UST level are the least attractive they have ever been (I suspect) and relative to stocks (adjusted for div payout) were as expensive as they had been until the last war. They have not only lost out on the rise in equities but also be slaughtered in bonds (simply by buying a grossly overpriced asset that is 'openly and deliberatedly' manipulated by the Fed. But as their manipulation (QE2 is not hidden) clearly that is not a conspiracy.

You know what would be really helpful? If the Fed started giving price targets. My feeling is that their disclosure is not all it could be.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bernanke-qe2-has-helded-improve-the-stock-market-2011-01-13

Fwiw I went short FTSE last week @ 6090 cash. Limits missed on DAX and ESX, this leads me to believe perhaps FTSE will want to go higher too.

Still in the above, with next Sell signal at 6250, if of course the 6090 is voided.

ESX sell was given and taken at 2935 friday, however this price has not yet traded during cash market hours, so I would assume it may be retested at very least during cash market trading. Next sell there is an annoyingly close 2962, and to become potentially more expensive, the next ones look likely to come in around 2980 and 3000! Some manual discretion and careful stop-loss management will be a necessary order of the day to avoid any possible losses growing to be in the region of 1.8%/2%. Rather too sizeable for my aging jai. :unsure::)

Midas

Unlike him - GET IT.

because you seem to support this policy for creating inflation I think you are the one that needs help :(

but I cant decide if you are a psychopath or a sociopath :unsure:

Inflation expectation up 60% in 6 months – Thanks Ben!

Wait until a loaf of bread in USA costs $23 ( according the NIA ) and the food stamps run out ! Then we can say

Parvis supported all this :lol:

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/inflation-expectation-60-6-months-%E2%80%93-thanks-ben

post-6925-0-74219900-1295414118_thumb.jp

Edited by midas

Midas

Unlike him - GET IT.

because you seem to support this policy for creating inflation I think you are the one that needs help :(

but I cant decide if you are a psychopath or a sociopath :unsure:

Inflation expectation up 60% in 6 months – Thanks Ben!

Wait until a loaf of bread in USA costs $23 ( according the NIA ) and the food stamps run out ! Then we can say

Parvis supported all this :lol:

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/inflation-expectation-60-6-months-%E2%80%93-thanks-ben

well Goldmen Suchs is reported to be paying its vampires 10 billion dollars in bonus's

if I was an American I think i would be rioting in the streets too

when will people wake up

BTW if someone knows where to by gold and silver in Thailand - hallmarked 99.99% and silver the same - please advise me asap

PM or post here

I have found 95% 1 oz gold but it has not been assayed and looks a bit like a Vitton market bag

thanks

well Goldmen Suchs is reported to be paying its vampires 10 billion dollars in bonus's

if I was an American I think i would be rioting in the streets too

when will people wake up

Well in Camden, N.J -the city with the second highest crime rate in the nation there will

be no one to stop the rioters because they are laying off 163 police officers. That's nearly 44% of the force. :(

That should be worth another 100 points on the DJIA :rolleyes:

http://money.cnn.com/2011/01/17/news/economy/camden_police_layoffs/index.htm

Inflation expectation up 60% in 6 months

as long as only the expectation is up 60% and inflation stays where it is now... where's the problem? :huh:

i see a problem for all Amercians other than say Lloyd Blankfein etc( not just the 40 million Americans who are on food stamps )

when they have to pay these kinds of prices as per the NIA. Dont you ? :huh:

$11.43 for one ear of corn

$23.05 for a 24 oz loaf of wheat bread

$62.21 for a 32 oz package of Domino Granulated Sugar

$24.31 for a 32 fl oz container of soy milk

$77.71 for a 11.30 oz container of Folgers Classic Roast Coffee

$45.71 for a 64 fl oz container of Minute Maid Orange Juice

$15.50 for a Hershey's Milk Chocolate 1.55 oz candy bar

Edited by midas

Fwiw I went short FTSE last week @ 6090 cash. Limits missed on DAX and ESX, this leads me to believe perhaps FTSE will want to go higher too.

Still in the above, with next Sell signal at 6250, if of course the 6090 is voided.

ESX sell was given and taken at 2935 friday, however this price has not yet traded during cash market hours, so I would assume it may be retested at very least during cash market trading. Next sell there is an annoyingly close 2962, and to become potentially more expensive, the next ones look likely to come in around 2980 and 3000! Some manual discretion and careful stop-loss management will be a necessary order of the day to avoid any possible losses growing to be in the region of 1.8%/2%. Rather too sizeable for my aging jai. :unsure::)

FTSE has duly declined 210pts/3.5% from a high of 6091, however this is due in a large pare to its heavy mining weighting, as ESX is flat for the day after hitting a high of 2950, so one imagines a slighty higher test is required on the eurostox50.

For now, the next Buy signal on FTSE lies at 5945, with the next likey awfully close, perhaps around 5930.

FTSE has duly declined 210pts/3.5% from a high of 6091, however this is due in a large pare to its heavy mining weighting, as ESX is flat for the day after hitting a high of 2950, so one imagines a slighty higher test is required on the eurostox50.

For now, the next Buy signal on FTSE lies at 5945, with the next likey awfully close, perhaps around 5930.

ESX just poked through the TL from post-credit crunch highs today to test 3k if folks are into trendlines or round numbers :) Its also where the most recent Sell signal came in, as per above quotes.

Large volume today on ESX too, coupled with the quick fasion in which it blew through the other 3 Sell signal prices, as per above quotes, leads me to believe there was quite a bit of covering perhaps?

Next Sell signal shows at 3035.

bigq.gif