Mysterious Death

barryofthailand

sorry. But it was back in early June. From Pattaya Mail

German chokes on dentures, dies in a Soi 6 bar

Boonlua Chatree

A German man, sleepy after rounds of beer drinking died after swallowing his dentures in a room above a Soi 6 bar.

Klaus Peter Rudolf J. Unger, three days beyond his 69th birthday, was discovered flailing wildly on a bed on the second floor of the Lucky beer bar June 10 by owner Kanitha Noothong. Although realizing the man was choking, Kanitha was unable to rescue him before he suffocated.

Police arrived to find Unger lying dead in only his underwear for about 10 minutes.

There were no signs of disarray or fighting in the room.

Kanitha said Unger had been drinking beer in her bar and asking to rest in a room upstairs. She went up to check on him and saw him choking on his upper dentures and called an ambulance. He died before the medical team arrived. Unger’s body was sent to the Forensic Institute for an autopsy.

According to the Thai Rath it happened on June 10th. He was 74 and just ordered 1 bottle of water in the bar then asked to rent a room for 2 hours for 200 Baht on the 2nd floor. The manageress of the bar went up 20 minutes later to go to the toilet and on passing his room saw the door was open and saw the deceased lying down convulsing before becoming unconscious.

Apparently the police are keeping an open mind as to what happened and one scenario is the teeth may have become dislodged whilst receiving 'services'.

http://www.thairath.co.th/today/view/12093

I used to live next door to this individual. He was 69 yrs old on the 2ND of June, and supposedly this happened on the 5Th of June, not the 10Th as been reported in the Pattaya Mail. Supposedly he told his wife he was going to the beach to exercise. How he ended up on soi six who knows.

Barry

RIP Peter

I used to live next door to this individual. He was 69 yrs old on the 2ND of June, and supposedly this happened on the 5Th of June, not the 10Th as been reported in the Pattaya Mail. Supposedly he told his wife he was going to the beach to exercise. How he ended up on soi six who knows.

Barry

The local press rag got their dates wrong? How unusual.

There's a fair few married chaps tell their wives they are going to Big C as well. Sometimes I even find myself on Soi 6 and wonder <deleted>???!!!

I don't think he was drinking beer. The story they got was he went to exercise on the beach and got tired. But that doesn't make sense either.

Barry

Barry... Peter obviously died doing whatever he was doing. Nice chap had a good innings as well. No need to dig too deep unless you want to get the PAD* all stirred up.

*Pattaya Armchair Detectives

There's a fair few married chaps tell their wives they are going to Big C as well. Sometimes I even find myself on Soi 6 and wonder <deleted>???!!!

How about buying a GPS in order to avoid Soi6 in future? :)

RIP Peter

Barry... Peter obviously died doing whatever he was doing. Nice chap had a good innings as well. No need to dig too deep unless you want to get the PAD* all stirred up.

*Pattaya Armchair Detectives

exactly my thoughts and before we mix up too much Soi 6 discussion with the tragic death of a resident we better close this thread before we get into too much speculations of besaid "PAD".

///topic closed.