Time Share Touts

stevenl

Ok, let me make sure I understand this correctly, you were an engineer, as in someone that went through 4 years of university and completed the basic university requirements for an engineering diploma and then you passed the exams in order to become a member of your nation's professional order and then walked away from all of that to sell time shares?

Correct, I done an apprenticeship, got my trade as a fitter. When i left school and had a steady job for many years doing nightshift. Had no life whatsoever and certainly no money back home, until i packed it all in to come here. Believe it or not i dont care, i make more money doing this and have a great lifestyle.

Havent exactly answered the question though have you?

If you are an engineer as you claim, please inform us of the university you attented and what exactly you got a degree in.

A tradesman who has done an apprenticeship, isnt called an engineer where I come from.

Most tradesmen will have attented a technical college and obtained a C&G qualification, in some cases an advanced C&G.

Yet another example of how some people reinvent themselves upon arival in Thailand.

You not only to a disservice to those who actually do have a degree, you also give us an insight into the mindset of time share touts.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the OP should really prove that timeshare is a 'scam'.

It would be good if he or any of the other posters could inform us of exactly what the timeshare involves.

Initial cost, other associated costs, are there management charges and then of course explain exactly what someone would get for that.

Is it one week in Phuket for 10 years or what, are there other benefits, maybe cheap flights or other destinations.

I dont see how someone can make obsurd comments on a subject they know nothing about.

So please, someone define exactly why timeshare is a 'scam' 'rip off' 'dodgy' or anything else you call it......

It would be good if he or any of the other posters could inform us of exactly what the timeshare involves.

In my initial post I did not mention the word 'scam', because a timeshare or vacation rental sales is IMO not necessarily a scam.

As explained, it becomes IMO a scam when the sellers are hiding what they are trying to sell. Pretending to do a survey when actually they are selling timeshare is IMO a scam.

See also the first page of this thread BTW, where the same question was answered already.

Edited by stevenl

In my initial post I did not mention the word 'scam', because a timeshare or vacation rental sales is IMO not necessarily a scam.

As explained, it becomes IMO a scam when the sellers are hiding what they are trying to sell. Pretending to do a survey when actually they are selling timeshare is IMO a scam.

See also the first page of this thread BTW, where the same question was answered already.

So just about everybody in the world that sells anything is a scammer.......thats life and the way of the world......

The "survey" is just a way to get people to stop and talk to you, it also is a way of qualifying the potential customer or up as we call them, so that we know they are the correct age/employment status/have credit cards and such. We dont sell anything just get people in to do a 90 min presentation..Remember they are free to walk out anytime they wish if they dont like it or feel misled by the OPC.

The "survey" is just a way to get people to stop and talk to you, it also is a way of qualifying the potential customer or up as we call them, so that we know they are the correct age/employment status/have credit cards and such. We dont sell anything just get people in to do a 90 min presentation..Remember they are free to walk out anytime they wish if they dont like it or feel misled by the OPC.

Exactly....if timeshare was that bad it wouldnt have lasted the 40 years that it has been around. It brings a lot of revenue for Thailand and other parts of the world and has given millions of satisfied customers holidays that they otherwise could not have affordered. Because of a small element that existed in the Canaries 15 years ago, some people think this is the norm...

An OPC cant pitch ' come along for 3-4 hours and spend $5,000'...they would never get anyone in......Tesco, Makro etc, they all use sales tactics, market stall holders...why not crusade about their dodgy sales tactics, that would be helping far more people rather than ranting about a few OPCs....and the question still stands, would you have told a Thai OPC to go away...???