How Many Years In Prison Does Thaksin Deserve?

Jingthing

How many years in prison does Thaksin deserve?  

199 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TV voting occurs over here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Support-Lead...nd-t283106.html

Poll: Who Do You Support To Lead Thailand?

The Expat Polls are open!

interesting and telling results thus far....

a more scientific and realistic ABAC poll conducted with real thai people was done not more than a few weeks ago and put Thaksin ahead of Abhisit in terms of popularity/leadership

whoopsy daisy...

According to latest ABAC poll ( I know, take it with a grain of salt), Thaksin is losing both integrity and ethics with Abhisit the front-runner in both. Take it as you will.
Abhisit beats Thaksin in term of ethics, integrity: survey

More people believe in Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva's ethics and integrity than in former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's, an opinion survey has found.

The survey by ABAC Poll of Assumption University found that 71.4 per cent of the respondents named Abhisit when asked whom they think of as the politicians with ethics while 61.6 per cent named Thaksin. Each respondent can name several choices of politicians in order.

When asked to name politicians with integrity, 68.2 per cent of the respondents named Abhisit while 40.5 per cent Thaksin.

Source: Nation: Abhisit Beats Thaksin

Please come back K Thaksin - ignore the farang racists & fascists who seek to jail you on fake charges via a crooked judicial process.

How amusing 0 years is currently the poll favourite - Western racists & fascists as ever overestimate how many people share their sick bigotry's.

Please come back K Thaksin - ignore the farang racists & fascists who seek to jail you on fake charges via a crooked judicial process.

How amusing 0 years is currently the poll favourite - Western racists & fascists as ever overestimate how many people share their sick bigotry's.

Everything about your post is wrong.

We are not racists. We are not fascists. The vast majority in this poll favor imprisonment for Thaksin, mostly long term time.

Current results

39 percent no prison

59 percent PRISON

2 percent no opinion

A LANDSLIDE actually in favor of prison.

Edited by Jingthing

Reading the obsessive threads on Mr. Thaksin brings to mind two of the more common bits of poetry on the subject of unrequited love;

He would not stay for me, and who can wonder?

He would not stay for me to stand and gaze.

I shook his hand and tore my heart in sunder

And went with half my life about my ways.

- Alfie Housman

A mighty pain to love it is,

And 'tis a pain that pain to miss;

But of all pains, the greatest pain

It is to love, but love in vain.

- I forget who wrote that. .. :)

Edited by geriatrickid

Here deserves zero years in jail

The minute he sets foot in Thailand he should be executed !!!

Nahhh, executed, no way..

We shall all have to wait and see. :)

Yeah, that's only for innocent peasants without benefit of trial ...

Super rich people are special and not subject to justice, yeah, that's the ticket.

I can bet.... he will return to his country with proud without any imprisonment charge.... Thanks to his loyal Isaan and northern follower that still support him..... they save khun Thaksin....

maybe he can reconsider to contest for the next election to become a candidate....

I say 0 imprisonment for him.... my answer

Ummm. I found this directly related past discussion here.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Death-Threat...li-t125573.html

Also, related to the above. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benigno_Aquino,_Jr.

The funny thing is that i took the much beloved (in this forum) Democrat Party to be portray as Ferdinand Marcos, due to the FIDF' case (Lehman Brothers and Goldman Sachs) Again, i am thoroughly regret that this had accidentally came across my mind, as the court case isn't close yet.

Edited by emancipationthailand

The knower will not speak and the speaker will not know.

Too cryptic for Jingthing.

Yes it is.

Who is the knower and who is the speaker?

You would not be the former in spite of all your hate polls & you would be the latter because of all your hate polls :) kow jai mai?

Edited by flying

Ummm. I found this directly related past discussion here.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Death-Threat...li-t125573.html

Also, related to the above. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benigno_Aquino,_Jr.

The funny thing is that i took the much beloved (in this forum) Democrat Party to be portray as Ferdinand Marcos, due to the FIDF' case (Lehman Brothers and Goldman Sachs) Again, i am thoroughly regret that this had accidentally came across my mind, as the court case isn't close yet.

Thaksin = Marcos

Thaksin =/= (does not equal) Aquino

The poster favoring a death penalty for the many crimes of criminal fugitive Thaksin, while extreme, was just a person expressing his OPINION. It was most certainly NOT a death threat. The phrase SHOULD BE should be your clue here, OK, got it now?

What's really funny are the decent people Thaksin groupies pathetically try to compare him to, such as Mandela.

Edited by Jingthing

Ex-pm, now disgraced fugitive Thaksin is facing prison time back in Thailand. However, he has not faced trial for all the charges against him. If YOU could decide, how many years in prison, if any, do you think he deserves?

Thaksin Shinawatra deserves whatever sentence a legally constituted Thai court passes on him for crimes that he's found guilty of by that court. He certainly doesn't deserve any sentence that non-Thai citizens think he ought to serve. If you want to express opinions about political leaders perhaps you ought to:

A: Move to a country where you have a vote

B: Establish citizenship in Thailand so you can vote there

many of us pay taxes in thailand , have a thai wife and thai children. I think that gives us the right to an opinion on thai politics and the direction the country is taking.

Do you have the vote in Thailand?

just because i don't have the right to vote does not mean i do not have the right to an opinion. Besides my opinion can influence my wife's vote and my workers votes. How stupid would I look when my worker asks my opinion of what is going on and I say i have none because i can't vote. Any person with the capacity to think should have an opinion.

yeh but this thread has more than 3000 views and just 150 votes so there is(Are) people who dont care so much they couldnt care to vote.

then there are those that read the topic title and dont care to click on it.

Each view does not represent a different member. Every time someone leaves and comes back counts as a separate view. Also there are guests viewing that can not vote.

I don't support red OR yellow

:):D:D Yeah sure....post-51988-1249798529.gif

Hence all the many Thaksin

Hate polls that you put out constantly :D:D

What does that have to do with it ? I don't like thaksin and I also don't like the leaders of the red or yellow. In my opinion none of them are looking out for the best interests of the country like they claim. Personally I think the people that broke the law and the leaders of both groups should be spending some time in jail.

The TV voting occurs over here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Support-Lead...nd-t283106.html

Poll: Who Do You Support To Lead Thailand?

The Expat Polls are open!

interesting and telling results thus far....

a more scientific and realistic ABAC poll conducted with real thai people was done not more than a few weeks ago and put Thaksin ahead of Abhisit in terms of popularity/leadership

whoopsy daisy...

According to latest ABAC poll ( I know, take it with a grain of salt), Thaksin is losing both integrity and ethics with Abhisit the front-runner in both. Take it as you will.

<b>Abhisit beats Thaksin in term of ethics, integrity: survey</b>
More people believe in Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva's ethics and integrity than in former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's, an opinion survey has found.
The survey by ABAC Poll of Assumption University found that 71.4 per  cent of the respondents named Abhisit when asked whom they think of as  the politicians with ethics while 61.6 per cent named Thaksin. Each  respondent can name several choices of politicians in order.

When asked to name politicians with integrity, 68.2 per cent of the respondents named Abhisit while 40.5 per cent Thaksin.

Source: Nation: <a href="http://nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/30109443/Abhisit-beats-Thaksin-in-term-of-ethics-integrity-" target="_blank">Abhisit Beats Thaksin</a>

don't get so excited. the poll i was referring to was regarding popularity (thaksin beat abhisit in this), not ethics.

a sample of 4000 thais were taken as opposed to a handful of expats like this poll

The fact that they don't even bring him to trial suggests to me that maybe they know their charges wouldn't stand in a court of law. In which case, he's innocent, right?

So you are saying that the gangs who commit murder and do not get prosecuted because the witnesses are too terrified to testify are actually innocent?

No, I'm not saying that. Are you saying that the current Thai government is too terrified to testify against Thaksin in a court of law?

But I'm a skeptical sort - I don't come to believe things easily.

Me too.

So you'll forgive me when i say i have suspicions about a recently signed up member with a name like "dumbnewbie" who declares his mind to be a clean slate with no prejudicies or preconceived opinions.

The "i have no stand in this - i'm completely neutral" tactic is one used on a frequent basis by returning banned members. In the fullness of time though they can hide their colours no longer.

Hmmm....OK.

I am a skeptic who likes to be proved wrong however, so should you (prove me wrong that is), i'll be happy.

We're of the same mind. If I haven't changed my opinion about something in a long time I start to get worried that my brain is becoming calcified.

so says the "forums number 2 poster"

Merely stating an easily provable fact.... but that's something I realize you don't seem to care much about. :)

number 2 poster, WRONG!!!!!

you are number 3. There is a poster called classifieds with more posts than you as of now and with an average of 37.36 per day you will be cutting and pasting like crazy to catch him, then Dr Pat Pong (is he really a doctor and does he have proof???) at 35000+.

sorry about your ego lol

Edited by mc2

Merely stating an easily provable fact.... but that's something I realize you don't seem to care much about. :)

you are number 3. There is a poster called classifieds with more posts than you as of now and with an average of 37.36 per day you will be cutting and pasting like crazy to catch him, then Dr Pat Pong (is he really a doctor and does he have proof???) at 35000+.

sorry about your ego lol

Probably a more genuine "doctor" than a certain person.

Merely stating an easily provable fact.... but that's something I realize you don't seem to care much about. :D

sorry about your ego lol

so says the man with the # 1 Member moniker... :)

btw, what's it say under Classifieds? Is it a person?

Can you find nothing worth posting about?

Which is more beneficial to the Forum? My "cutting and pasting" a percentage of my posts to the news or your trolling?

Which is more beneficial to the Forum? My "cutting and pasting" a percentage of my posts to the news or your trolling?

just do the right thing and change your title to "forums number 3 top poster" instead of making false and egotistical claims.

just do the right thing and change your title to "forums number 3 top poster" instead of making false and egotistical claims.

Like putting qualifications down as a signature? :)

so says the man with the # 1 Member moniker... :)

Do you mean like "Member # 1" which was never honest at any point in time?

but yes, I will update my moniker to reflect the honest reality.