My Gf Wants A Salary!

rethaired

After having spent many years together (on and off, as I go back to my home country to work), my GF is asking for a salary, but she tells this is not about business, it is about love! :) I ask her how much? She tells me bar girls can get about 30,000 B, so maybe my salary should be about the same. Of course, she was shy about talking about this at the beginning, because "it is not polite"! I am supposed to be a gentleman! I also must help her parents! I must also help my parents. Is she helping my parents? Is she going to? Nope! I am confused! Should I run?

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After having spent many years together (on and off, as I go back to my home country to work), my GF is asking for a salary, but she tells this is not about business, it is about love! :D I ask her how much? She tells me bar girls can get about 30,000 B, so maybe my salary should be about the same. Of course, she was shy about talking about this at the beginning, because "it is not polite"! I am supposed to be a gentleman! I also must help her parents! I must also help my parents. Is she helping my parents? Is she going to? Nope! I am confused! Should I run?

Run Rabbit..Run Rabbit...Run Run Run... :) ....instead of thinking with the little head, start thinking with the big one...

What is the planned long term commitment between both of you? Any plans for marriage a few years into the future? If so, bring her to your country to first learn the language and get to know your family - all at your cost. She may adapt and become enterprising in some small business and rake in some income for the home.

If there is no intention for long term commitment, tell her so, and give her a sum so she can survive on her own for 3 months, and set her free to find her destiny.

Apparently this is so common that some countries have created a special tax-exempt category for it. You should check it out; I think just google "Idiot-tax + exemption". You might qualify.

What is the planned long term commitment between both of you? Any plans for marriage a few years into the future? If so, bring her to your country to first learn the language and get to know your family - all at your cost. She may adapt and become enterprising in some small business and rake in some income for the home.

If there is no intention for long term commitment, tell her so, and give her a sum so she can survive on her own for 3 months, and set her free to find her destiny.

And while you are carrying out the suggested tasks above, just remember to take your rosey coloured spectacles off once in a while.... :) ...

You could also cut to the chase right now....buy her the house in her name, the car and give her your ATM card as well

Yes, it certainly sounds like she should get a job, but its going to have to be a reasonable one to earn 30,000THB per month.

You have already received excellent advice here, take yourself down to the Nike shop and buy yourself a good pair of running shoes, then use them!

Does she want holiday pay and health benifits too?

Funny - my viece is currently working 8 - 10 hours a day - 6 days a week - to pay for school 5 day a week 5 hours.

She doesn't sleep much - and wouldn't accept a cushier job because it was against her morals.

Hmmmm

my GF is asking for a salary, but she tells this is not about business, it is about love! :) I ask her how much? She tells me bar girls can get about 30,000 B,

You've just gotta love that, not about business.

I pay my wife nothing, does that mean that she loves me more or less than your GF loves you?

Depends on who you are. If you are an ugly old man 70+ with low self esteem then 30k sounds about right.

If you are below the age of 70 with all your own teeth and some hair then maybe you should look for a girlfriend, not a prostitute.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

As you have to ask.....clearly you can afford this payment without any difficulty......otherwise you would not even be considering it.........

So go on be a devil..... defy all the advice here and make this young lady very happy..... :)