My Gf Wants A Salary!

rethaired

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was out with a gang of guys on wednesday night and this topic came up, one guy reckons he pays his girlfriend by the "session " :D ,he says she cant leave him alone !, i thought that was hilarious,.... :D:D

Sounds like a nice gf, why doesn't he call her his personal hoe?

The girl I'm seeing at the moment doesn't cost a penny and she wants slamming every night like its gonna be her last.. :D

are you saying you don't spend a penny on your girlfriend?

no flowers? no dinner? no shoes? no clothes? no tamboon? no jewelry? no drinks?

what dreamworld are you living in?

i'd like to visit it.

Thats exactly what he has, and he couldnt give a toss, that you are romantically involved with a free one is your choice, ( but why dont i beleive there is such a thing ) :) ,il bet you are under 30 and a yank ?.i used to kid myself at that age :D

Your 50% right, under 30 but I'm not a septic...

I'm under no illusions as to what these girls are after.. And eventually it's quite likely one of them will get it :D

quote name='robblok' date='2009-08-19 11:09:58' post='2953371']

So i was right that you were just a tourist quote

most tourists don't own a house, car or land in the country they're just visiting.

just because you work there doesn't make you the leading expert on thai matters.

quote that explains a few things and also about the kind of girls you meet. And no you dont have to be in the country long to court a girl you go to her parent and ask how much for her like she is a piece of meat. Its all clear to me now. Thanks i now understand you a lot better. /quote

so sorry if my post activated the bad memories of your own personal live.

quote I would also help my gf if she had a 5k job.. but even minimum wages are higher then that. I wonder where you got that amount from. /quote

are you sure you live in thailand?

highest minimum wage is in bangkok and is around 200 baht a day.

seems like you're a little bit detached from real live.

quote The minimum daily wage for Bangkok and nearby provinces rose to 203 baht. Provinces with the lowest raises of two baht were Sukhothai to 151 baht, Uttaradit to 149 baht and Chaiyaphum to 148 baht.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/131208_News/13Dec2008_news06.php /quote

quote I would help her set something up so she would make her own money instead of having her dependent on me so i could control her. /quote

yeah great. another hair salon.

After posting in this topic i felt the need to consult with some of my Thai lady friends on this subject. They told me that giving a girl money is in a way keeping control over her and making her dependent on the guy. Its the way of rich Thais with their mia nois. The girls i know all make 20k up (still not super much cash) and have finished university.

great your lady friends finished university and that they make a whopping 20k.

if their husband or boyfriends make 10 times that amount and brag on an internet forum that they don't spend a dime on them, then i still consider them cheap.

I guess helping a girl have an better source of income would be a bad idea for most of the guys because then they loose control. We cant have that can we.

atm my wife makes almost 2500 euro a month and has a resident permit for holland and is a long term EU resident.

which means she's financially (and permit wise) totally independent.

someone who makes 20k baht while their partner makes 5 to 10 times that amount isn't.

don't fool yourself.

So what was your comment to be? That you slam your Thai girlfriend of the moment harder than Topdogger and then she pays you?

For your information i have being married since early 1979 and my wife has a salary from me.

But she works for me, Hence the salary.

If that is the limits of your replies on here i suggest you keep them to yourself.

Id like to go on with your post but your quotes make it quite hard to read.

I would say that people who spend more time in a country usually know it better.

I would also say its highly unlikely that you own a house, you might think you own a house but its hard to have a house on your name. The land can never be yours.

You know i never payed sin sod your the one who did.. But fair is fair the kind you payed where its only for the wedding is ok in my book.

I remembered from when i started a company that the minimum wage i could pay was a lil over 6 that was why i said something about your5k.

Some make more then 20k but that was the lowest, for Thai standards that quite nice actually. So im not that detached from reality.

Any girl that can make 20k can just leave the guy and is independent unless she likes the guys money.

And about your g/f wife. Great, i mean its rare for a Thai girl to accomplish that with the language barrier and so on. I can know because i had a Thai wife in Holland before. It failed badly because i selected the wrong kind of girl who came in the wrong crowd.

The whole point of this is that you just don't pay your gf a salary. You can spend money on her like on presents and stuff but is different from a salary. A salary is payed for services and so on. A present is totally different. Also you start to depend on a salary and feel entitled to it.

You are right if the guy does not pay a thing for his gf while he makes 5x as much is cheap. But paying things for her is different from a salary. I don't know how to get that message across.

yeah, the quote system is quite annoying.

you can only do 4 or 5 in one post.

I would also say its highly unlikely that you own a house, you might think you own a house but its hard to have a house on your name. The land can never be yours.

the usefruct system is ok, although i would probably never use it.

my wife owns the land of course.

The whole point of this is that you just don't pay your gf a salary. You can spend money on her like on presents and stuff but is different from a salary. A salary is payed for services and so on. A present is totally different. Also you start to depend on a salary and feel entitled to it.

You are right if the guy does not pay a thing for his gf while he makes 5x as much is cheap. But paying things for her is different from a salary. I don't know how to get that message across.

i doubt the girl in question would really mean salary.

i think she just wants some spending money and doesn't want to go to the guy every single time she wants to buy something.

her english is probably not so good that she would even know the word allowance.

Edited by bangla

yeah, the quote system is quite annoying.

you can only do 4 or 5 in one post.

the usefruct system is ok, although i would probably never use it.

my wife owns the land of course.

i doubt the girl in question would really mean salary.

i think she just wants some spending money and doesn't want to go to the guy every single time she wants to buy something.

her english is probably not so good that she would even know the word allowance.

Good point Bangla, but she did ask for bht30000 a month. Without actually working for that i think she is taking liberties to say the least.

Good point Bangla, but she did ask for bht30000 a month. Without actually working for that i think she is taking liberties to say the least.

For met that would be much too much.. i wish i made 4 times that. But the thing is the moment you start giving girls money you dont know if they stay for you or for the money.

Rofl, Bangla. You are bragging about your wife making 2500EU/month in Holland to one up a guy whose girl makes 20k baht a month...

# Part of the income from EUR 0 to EUR 17,878: 33.5 % of EUR 17,878 is EUR 5,989

# Part of the income from EUR 17,878 to EUR 32,127: 42 % of EUR 14,249 is EUR 5,984

Her take home is about 16.500EU a year... So his girl makes 240,000 baht a year and yours makes 792,000 baht and the cost of living in Holland is probably about 5+ times as expensive as Thailand. You really won that battle!

For met that would be much too much.. i wish i made 4 times that. But the thing is the moment you start giving girls money you dont know if they stay for you or for the money.

Indeed. And chill down Rob. No need to attack each other here. :)

Edit: for me personally, the last thing I want is a girl that thinks money before love and respect for me. That's a harsh thing in LOS, I know.

Edited by Datsun240Z

The way I see it you should probably just leave her... If she is actually demanding 30k a month, then she ain't in love with you. If you have the mindset of "I ain't paying her shit!" then you don't love her. So no point coming on here wasting 13 pages, getting people's backs riled up with the whole "is she a whore for asking for money" debate.

Two big questions however are "how much do you earn?" and "how much does she think you earn?"

If you are rich, then to be honest I can see her point... Although I can understand your concern with regard to the "bar girl" comment, but I'd guess this whole 30k business came from one of her friend's heads, not hers... Then, what do I know.

I give my missus £300 a month, plus anything she has to actually pay for. I think that is fair. She is at least looking after my baby then, rather than palming him off with her mum and working 12 hour days for half that, which was her suggestion.

I'm by no means rich, far from it actually. But I think thats a fair amount.

Also I'm finding it hard to believe there are so many man, not just in relationships with TGs, but in relationships full stop, that don't give their gf money if they make more than her. Particularly if they make sooo much more than her.

Why would anyone want their gf busting her arse all day working, for an amount of money that they can easily spare...

Of course that is just my opinion... Although I like the suggestion of 1000B for every year difference in their age. My missus would be paying me then :)

After having spent many years together (on and off, as I go back to my home country to work), my GF is asking for a salary, but she tells this is not about business, it is about love! :) I ask her how much? She tells me bar girls can get about 30,000 B, so maybe my salary should be about the same. Of course, she was shy about talking about this at the beginning, because "it is not polite"! I am supposed to be a gentleman! I also must help her parents! I must also help my parents. Is she helping my parents? Is she going to? Nope! I am confused! Should I run?

Pack up the horse and get out of Dodge, head for the hills

Indeed. And chill down Rob. No need to attack each other here. :)

Edit: for me personally, the last thing I want is a girl that thinks money before love and respect for me. That's a harsh thing in LOS, I know.

I just like to overcharge an argument at times. Its not really anything personal depends in what kind of mood i am. i can tell you im much more benign for real then on the forum. I also post a lot nicer here then on a few of the Dutch forums.

Been living with the same Thai girl now for 3+ years. every month there is a sum of money put into an account, she withdraws money to pay for the house, any utilities, food etc.

What is left over is for her own use.

She works in a 7/11, six days a week starting at 1 in the afternoon, finishing 10 at night 240-280bt a day (I think, don't ask).

That salary goes direct to her parents, she says, she keeps them, I keep her?

The original post of 30K is thought provoking, but me .......................I would say no.

What is she bringing to the table apart from sex.

What is all that money to be spent on/where is it going.

Does she expect increases in line with inflation, or just yearly increases?

If you get married will you still pay monthly?

Have told the GF everything is inverse proportional. The more you accrue, the less you need monthly.

If I were in your shoes..........................call her bluff, make an offer of 12K and she gets a job? Tell her "Dam Jai Kuhn"

Edited by tmd5855

If she is actually demanding 30k a month, then she ain't in love with you. If you have the mindset of "I ain't paying her shit!" then you don't love her.

<snip>

Two big questions however are "how much do you earn?" and "how much does she think you earn?"

<snip>

Why would anyone want their gf busting her arse all day working, for an amount of money that they can easily spare...

i totally agree with this.

the girl wasn't demanding anything according to the OP, she asked.

if it's too much then offer less.

even if you pay everything for your gf then she still needs some money she can spend on what she wants.

if she loves you then she will probably spend most of it on you anyway.

and it's not like they just met and she asked for money right away.

they are "together for many years" already.

how many more years do they have to be together before he considers her as equal..

Rofl, Bangla. You are bragging about your wife making 2500EU/month in Holland to one up a guy whose girl makes 20k baht a month...

# Part of the income from EUR 0 to EUR 17,878: 33.5 % of EUR 17,878 is EUR 5,989

# Part of the income from EUR 17,878 to EUR 32,127: 42 % of EUR 14,249 is EUR 5,984

Her take home is about 16.500EU a year... So his girl makes 240,000 baht a year and yours makes 792,000 baht and the cost of living in Holland is probably about 5+ times as expensive as Thailand. You really won that battle!

those are some fancy calculating skills :)

i love thailand but i'd rather live on 2500 euro in holland than on 20k baht in thailand.

and then i'm not even counting social security, health care or pension :D

Edited by bangla