Fruit Trees

Kaset Wisai

Lemon tree plants are sold in markets all over Issaan, I think. Avocado maybe is more easy to grow in the north of Thailand.

If you have seeds from a fruit, you can put them in sun for three days. Then in a pot with earth, pull water and put the pot in shadow and wait. Plants will come.

It works normally pretty good.

Olaus

Another source for lemon trees is to get a cutting from another tree if you know someone in the village who has one and will give/sell it to you. Then root it and plant it. My wife started a couple of good lemon trees that way. Her cuttings grew better and produced more fruit than the original tree. Most trees from nurseries are started by this method. Seeds are fine if you can wait an extra two or three years.

Good luck,

Bryan

If you mean larger yellow lemons;very unlikely never seen any.If you want the small thai green lemons should be able to get at any one of the local big monthly markets or roadside nurseries in some areas.I've planted two in my garden from such sources last year.

Have seen mentioned that avocardo trees are being grown in Chiang Mai and Phuket,with how much success I don't know :o

I have not had any luck finding yellow lemon or avacado trees in the Loei area. My girlfriend says someone had good luck with the yellow lemons but the Thai people didn't like them at all and much prefer the smaller green limes. We bought small trees about a meter high for less than 80 baht each.

Another source for lemon trees is to get a cutting from another tree if you know someone in the village who has one and will give/sell it to you.  Then root it and plant it.  My wife started a couple of good lemon trees that way.  Her cuttings grew better and produced more fruit than the original tree.  Most trees from nurseries are started by this method.  Seeds are fine if you can wait an extra two or three years.

Good luck,

Bryan

Unfortunately I am that Gary. I have been trying to forget that whole sordid deal. :o

I have a condo in Jomtien but spend most of my time up here in Loei province. We have probably about thirty new fruit trees planted. We may have lost two or three of them but my girlfriend still has hopes even for them. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...